This page is where we index as many local talk radio people as possible and list any related on-site and off-site content such as photos, audio clips, and more. Now (as of Spring 2001) is at the Internet arm of the Village Voice. Larry Steinhouse adds his unique perspective on todays financial world! Susan has anchored the news for CBS News Radio in New York and WMAL and XM Satellite Radio in Washington DC. (7/06), Mike Missanelli WIP 610-AM - mikemissanelli.com. WWDB-Radio, Philadelphia has hosted 5 events in the C-SPAN Video Library; the first program was a 1990 Broadcast. Worked with Dom Giordano as a team doing the morning show while the station prepped for its morning news show. Valerie Morrison Psychic Counselor & Medium. As of Spring 2004, New Director of all of the Clear Channel Radio stations in Washington DC and morning news anchor on Clear Channel's WBIG - Big 100 in DC. May not be reproduced or copied. Author. Ralph is also doing "Traffic on the Two's" from 5-7 am and at 25 past and 55 before the hour for KYW-TV. 'DB also picked up Harry Gross from 'CAU (and Frank Ford?) Art Bell's bumper music Chase by Giorgio Moroder, Art Bell's bumper 'theme song' The Moody Blues, Ride My See-Saw, https://www.mudgeeguardian.com.au/story/7600864/susan-bray-delong-a-trailblazing-pioneer-for-women-in-radio-dies-aged-79/, https://www.inquirer.com/news/broadcasters-remember-frank-ford-20090416.html, Archived Audio of Jay on WNBC with pictures. . I didn't get there until 9:30 and by that time the meeting was over. BIG 98.1. Currently (2006-2007) anchors news on KYW 1060-AM. 97.1) Detroit, where they've done afternoons since moving from New Jersey; achieved infamy when a bit they did on WKRK merited a large indecency fine. He served the US Armed Forces as a photojournalist for the Coast Guard in the late seventies and early eighties. to create interest in what's coming next. After stints at several small suburban Philadelphia talk radio stations in the late 1960s and early 1970s, he joined WWDB-FM in Philadelphia, and hosted a talk show on current affairs from 1975 until 2000, when the station changed its format to music. Rush Limbaugh 2. Thumbnail picture. Financial update guy on KYW for a few years. 26 Feb Feb Listeners, meanwhile, learned what had happened not from a real-life on-air announcer, but from a virtual one. I'm still in my nightie. The staff of the award-winning morning news show launched in March 1999 didn't work directly for WWDB, but rather for a news and traffic service called Metro Networks. Thumbnail pic from around 1998 updated 3/02 - Anchoring News and Talk duty at WEEU 830-AM - Weekends music DJ on 95.7. Neal Newman WIP 2000-2004, Assistant PD under Tom Bigby. Voice of the Eagles broadcasts. Instead the . Local Talk Radio / Radio PeopleThis is an archived page with no major additions expected other than link/file/spelling fixes - 2022Updates may be submitted via the Contact Page, Philly's first page devoted solely to keeping you in touch with those currently on the air plus information on familiar names from the past. Carol Holloway Is Looking for the Answers to Science, Politics, Relationships, Money and More! The local ad business (even though the station was good at beating down doors) could not cover the nut. In 1985, legendary talk radio personality Frank Ford and former WWDB salesman Jon Harmelin bought 900 AM and renamed it "Talk 900" with call letters WDVT ("We're Delaware Valley Talk") and studios at the NewMarket shops in the Society Hill section of Philadelphia. WWDB offers entertaining and informative shows that reflect Philadelphia's interests and culture. But the decline of local media changed the face of Black Talk . I knew going into radio 20 years ago that this kind of thing happens. When these efforts were operated by local interests - those directly in touch with both the local market and the station's daily operations - it worked. "Big Daddy" Graham - www.bigdaddygraham.com WIP 610-AM - Overnights. The siblings William and Dolly bought was was then WHAT-AM from the Public Ledger. (Earl replaced Gil Gross who moved to 9-12) Previously news anchor and weekend classic rock DJ on WMMR. "I found out a minute and a half before I thought I was going on the air," said Gross yesterday. Schedule. Started gardening reports for KWY in 2006. (At the time WWDB 96.5FM was all talk radio with an AM drive news show) Worked in Washington as an Associated Press correspondent/editor/supervisor/anchor. Until WWDB-FM's debut, almost all American talk stations were found on AM radio. Take this Stupid Little Quiz and see how you do. And to Sid Mark, thanks for entertaining your fans, both young and old, for so long. It is possible that nostalgia music station WPEN-AM (950) may find the wisdom to add Mark's Sinatra programming to its lineup. Some of Art Bell's show clips can be found here. I am disgusted by the actions of WWDB with respect to the Friday with Frank and Sunday with Sinatra shows. Reggie Bryant WHAT 1340-AM. Update Spring 2002, heard on WIP. In 1988 requested CBS management to approve adding Rush Limbaugh. Went to California to be a writer for the "Man Show." Les Kinsolving WCBM 680-AM, Baltimore. Jeff Katz - www.radiokatz.com WPHT, Brought in to fill in afternoons after the Sept. 11 attack, was hired on 10/01. Rearranging the Philly sports radio landscape! All the station's well-known personalities - Irv Homer, Susan Bray, Gil Gross, Pat Farnack, Frank Rizzo and Sid Mark among them - were called to a 9 a.m. meeting at the station and told their jobs had ended. AOL Digital City columnist. Son ANDREW is looking for friends and co-workers of his dad to record and send in greetings for the former WWDB and WCAU-A/PHILADELPHIA talker and WKBS-TV movie host.Send greetings via MP3s to. Since 1998, writer and Editor of the News-Talk-Sports department at AllAccess.com, based in the Los Angeles area. Two years ago, management adopted a news-talk format from 5 to 9 a.m., challenging ratings-leader all-news KYW-AM (1060) for the ears of morning commuters. [1] WWDB's tower site is also used by 950 WKDN for its nighttime operations. He formerly worked for the Inquirer and was on the popular Prism show, "Great Sports Debate." Kid's Corner - Kathy O'Connell WXPN - 88.5 FM - Kids programming. Stu's column confirms the "behind the scenes" story you read here first on November 8th. My opinion is that it must be driven by the talk show. He was also a television News Anchor and Investigative Reporter for WTAF TV, Channel 29 News Probe. WWDB (860 AM) is a commercial radio station licensed to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with its studios and offices in the "555 Building" on City Avenue in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania.It is owned by the Beasley Broadcast Group and broadcasts mostly paid brokered programming.Shows on health, money, gardening, home repair, real estate, religion and politics are found on the schedule. Stream live CNN, FOX News Radio, and MSNBC. The station got some attention HOWEVER, the station became increasingly OLD. But yesterday's change was total. And, finally, I'm sorry that your vice president called you one of our country's greatest presidents. Previously on WPHT and WWDB. Some of the FM station's older personalities were moved to the AM station in an attempt to increase the FM's appeal in younger demographics without alienating older listeners. Some of Art Bell's show clips can be found here. (6/06), Ira Mellman Worked at WCAU twice and WFIL.- news with George Michael. April 26, 2022. Updated 11/2003 by P.M.S) Now operating a consultancy for talk radio guests, based in Tucson. It began as a medical doctor purchasing an hour of time on longtime health and fitness guru Jim Corea's show on weekends, to tout that person's practice. Beasley, who has not seen the Bee commercial, said he was "not aware" of any similarities. Wynn Moore Long time host on WWDB since the beginning. It operated with a jazz format that did not change when the call letters did. WWDB AM 860 IS TALK RADIO FOR THE DELAWARE VALLEY! Change station. Cathy Donnelly Formerly on NJ101.5. An open mind and a sense of humor are prerequisites for having a good time. Formerly on WWDB, News. Steve Friedman AKA "Mr. Movie" - reviews movies Saturday nights from 10 pm to 1 am. Priscilla Fox Express/Shadow Broadcast Services. Sheryl Ann Kennedy Metro News. He also was a host on two cable TV shows. Call In (866) 424-GARY. Turns out he was there not for a job interview (he's under a no-compete clause until May, check with me then) but to cut commercials for Cherry Hill Wellness Center, which he is allowed to do. Replaced by Paul W. Smith then hired away by 'CAU. Website is www.paulkircher.com, Valerie Knight Co-anchored the Morning Report on 1450 WILM in Wilmington with Allan Loudell. Mahalchik and Homer garnered 1,743 popular votes, and zero electoral votes in their unsuccessful election bid.[1]. You might remember the station was carrying a heavy spot load for Pinache Travel through the late '80s. (Added/Updated - 11/2003 by P.M.S.). WIP-AM (610) has a sports-talk format; WHAT-AM (1340) pitches its talk primarily to African American listeners. NewsRadio 790 WAEB. Homer was best known as a radio host but he also made numerous TV appearances and even ran as the . (6-01) - Also does an Oldies show with music and interviews of artists from the '50s, '60s and 70's from Philly and South Jersey, OOT'S Two Street Radio Show on: WWZK FM - OLDIES 94.3 FM on Sundays at 6 pm and also on 1490 WBCB on SUNDAYS at 6 pm. A radio personality is a person who hosts a radio talk show and interacts with the audience via telephone or email. Gary Hendler hosts an insightful and informative hour every Friday afternoon at 3:00 Now on WWDB! Now working at WTOP in Washington. Change in format for Philly station WWDB-FM. Johnny Goodtimes The Johnny Goodtimes Show on WURD AM 900 every Saturday at 11:00 a.m.. In 1997, Begley and his cronies helped arrange the destruction of classical music station WFLN-FM, for which I worked. -- picture with an unidentified woman at a WWDB event. Gil Gross said he was more upset about employees who will get only two weeks severance than about his own situation. Morning Zoo host on WMMR in the 80's. Went on to syndication with Roberta Gale (Westwood One, 1993-94), then to KSDO San Diego, WIOD Miami, WINZ Miami. Throughout the day all that the listeners heard was a computerized voice count down until at 5 pm the format was changed to 80's rock. AM 970 The Answer. For 18 years, Yvonne was the host of a weekly call-in radio show in Philadelphia on talk station WWDB. (5/02). Larry Bowa Hosted sports show on WWDB on weekends during baseball off-season in the late 1970s. (Pat is on left) (6-01), Laura Tortella Shadow Traffic reporter for many years until they were absorbed by Metro Traffic. Previously at WNPV, 1440 AM Lansdale, PA. (7/06). He was also City Hall Bureau Chief, covering government and politics for more than a decade, for WWDB-FM. Not only did he launch the station's very first sports talk show on 610 WIP in 1986, but when the station switched its dial position to 94.1FM in 2011, his was the first show on the air. But, NO ratings, no multiples. Interviews with the biggest names from athletes and executives to coaches, authors and media! The move was a disaster. )They found nothing but an endless pit of spending money. I feel bad for my people. In 1978, he started a call-in radio program that ran for more than 20 years on Philadelphia radio stations WCAU and WWDB. WHYY reporter Tom MacDonald is a lifelong Philadelphia-area resident who has worked in the region since the mid-1980s. In the last ratings period, however, WWDB, which in its heyday was a perennial Top 10 station in the market, was tied with WPHT for 15th place overall. Promoted to program director in February of 2001. Soon after he moved to L.A. with his wife. Picture coming soon. This Sid Mark/Sinatra tradition also permeated my family as my daughters turned their friends on to Frank's music with Sid. - Thurs.. 5-7 pm.Jim Corea - Evenings 7-9 ArchiveSusan Bray - Weekdays from 9pm to 1am. Mother, grandmother, storyteller, writer, published author, thanatologist, humourist and former Philadelphia radio show personality, Dr. Yvonne Kaye has been involved with people since 1951 in her native England. Let Bloomers help you get ready for every season! Previously on Star 104.5 as morning co-host with Nancy Glass. Maine Public Radio's talk show, "Maine Concerns," is covered live. Nowadays Dye has his own show, "Dave's World," an hour-long program of Dye's favorite tracks that begins at 11 a.m. on Sundays on WXPN. Did a bit of fill-in on WIP and WGMP while in Philly going to school at Hahnemann University. ; and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," by Tears for Fears. . Currently out of radio and a partner in a private jet charter business. Clark on Digital City AOL or AOL keyword = Clark, Jeff Deminski Partnered with Bill Doyle on NJ101.5 afternoons, 1993-1999. Last edited on 13 February 2023, at 18:22, "A Chronology of AM Radio Broadcasting (1900-1960)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WWDB&oldid=1139162677, This page was last edited on 13 February 2023, at 18:22. Roberta Gale Formerly of WKXW NJ101.5-FM then left to syndicate. The mistake would be to try to compete with KYW but this decision should buy a little more time. Brief HistoryThe call letters stood for William and Dolly Banks (calls were changed around 1968). Paul William Smith net worth is $700,000 Paul William Smith Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Paul W. Smith (born 1954) is an American talk radio host and columnist. He did a live call-in thing overnight. Feel free to submit information for those that are, or were, on the air and those behind the scenes using the contact us page. Active until the very end of his life, Homer collapsed while giving a lecture at Eastern University. That was the first laugh I had all day. Daryl Gale Daryl Gale, WURD 900 AM talk radio host with Rotan Lee on Friday mornings from 7:00-10:00. Bruce and Brian Beasley delivered the news quickly: Effective immediately, they said, everyone - including general manager Dennis Begley, news director Kirk Dorn and sales manager Dan Sullivan - was unemployed, as was the station's news staff. Bernie McCain Formerly hosted overnights on WWDB in mid-1980s -- last heard on the radio in DC area? August 21, 2019. (6/06), Barry Levine Formerly on WFPG - 1450-AM in Atlantic City until station change in 2000 picture, Jerry and Joe Long Known as the Sturdy Beggars, a satirist team. Former WWDB and WCAU-A/PHILADELPHIA, WHO-A/DES MOINES, and WRC-A/WASHINGTON talk show host SUSAN BRAY has passed away at 79 in MUDGEE, NSW, AUSTRALIA, reports the DES MOINES REGISTER, citing. Picture of Mike at the Super Bowl. (2-07), Mike Rossi WIP 610-AM. Works in the Delaware Valley in a radio-related company. The only true shock for me was the fact that the death of an example of democracy-in-action occurred just one day before an election that would influence the course of the world for the next four years. (Added 11/2003), Paul W. Smith Former morning guy at WWDB FM in Philly. Joey Reynolds Joey Reynolds was a Philly radio guy. At the dawn of that very decade, I had been an energized seller of talk radio. Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting. "CBS appears willing to spend whatever it takes to compete. It will be interesting to see whether that corporate philosophy changes with the new '80s format, or whether it will continue to expect new listeners to find the station by osmosis. And apparently word got around. Long gone is a voice that was truly local. Thumbnail picture, Debra Luray AKA "Ruby Cheeks" worked at both WPHT and WWDB. There is a great variety of talk show hosts on both of these stations. Most recently at KYW doing news. While the suddenness of the change was a shock, WWDB had been in upheaval in recent years. (6-01) Updated 2003 - Presently working as a producer at Comedy Central's "Crank Yankers" in Hollywood. Before 'ILM, a freelancer at WDAS in Philly (updated July 2001), Pat Winters Used to do traffic for WWDB, middays (6-01). I will miss the talkers and the community of listeners. with Rev Dr. Manuel Howard and 1st Lady Vanessa Howard, Mondays at 1. Wally Kennedy Anchor/Radio-TV personality in Philly. Update 2003 - after a stint as an anchor with Fox Sports Radio Network, now PD at WBNS (Sports Radio 1460) Columbus, OH. At 5 p.m., the counting stopped, and an era ended. Dominic Quinn, Susan Bray, Paul W. Smith, Irv Homer and Bernie Herman were just a few of the great personalities who touched my life. Beasley simply got those call letters when nobody . Uplifting conversation, Thursday mornings at 7! While conservative talk still owns the radio airwaves, the hosts of the Breakfast . Anchored mornings on the old WCAU, did sports talk with Steve Fredericks, and did news with Frank Rizzo. Philadelphia Focus Bringing Communities Together Sports -- Died 2/25/1998 - Head of the Philadelphia real estate firm, Bernard C. Meltzer & Associates. He was mostly a DJ but a listener who sent this in remembers him interviewing Rock stars like John Lennon. Chuck is now on 103.3 ESPN radio in Dallas / Ft. Worth. On another front, look for Evil Irv's exposure to increase on Marc Howard's Sunday-morning "Inside Story" snip-and-snarl TV show. I'm sorry that the people that had a legal obligation to investigate your behavior are the ones that seem to be smeared the most. But it then succumbed to the pressures of Wall Street and was bought by a succession of corporate entities whose primary missions were to maximize profits to fuel increases in the values of their stocks. Right after WWDB dropped talk and became 96.5 The Point, the Beasley Broadcast Group started running TV commercials touting its new sound, the hits of the '80s. "), Among those suddenly jobless yesterday was station icon Sid Mark, who said, "I knew something was up, but I didn't expect this.". Beasley chief operating officer Bruce Beasley told me Beasley had approached Film House, which declined the job because it would conflict with another Philly client. Irving Homer (May 29, 1924 June 24, 2009) was an American radio talk show host and television personality, primarily in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania market. Covered the war in Vietnam for NBC News 69-70. Here is the ad placed in the Inky by WWDB from May 1975.Note Mumia listed after he changed his name from Wesley Cook. Worked with Phil Valentine and Ron Dobson. . They actually patronize the producer/hosts, enough for them to make a profit for and the station owner to make a profit. It's all multiplies.AND equity towards additional purchases and borrowing. Now, most of the talent at WWDB is out of work. Weeknights 6p-1a since January 2010.1994-2010: Asst. Previously reported for WWDB. Elaine Keno News anchor/reporter at KYW NewsRadio from 1987-1990,(Elaine Ettorre), left for a stint as news director in Miami (WINZ all-news) for 5 years, and returned to KYW 1060 as an afternoon news anchor in 1995, using her married name: Elaine Keno. Harry Hurley | picture Formerly on WFPG - 1450-AM in Atlantic City. HC's notes from Monday sessions point to threats and . Copyright 2023 All Access Music Group All rights reserved. 1956) Started out playing classical music. Its new call letters, WWDB, reflected the names of the half-siblings. Franny Rizzo Son of the former Mayor. (5/02) As of 2006-2007 time slot is weekdays 7-11 pm. Kevin Boyle Reporter/anchor at WWDB in the 90's, he worked the Sunday night anchor shift, after stints in Kentucky and Iowa. Resides (as of 2002) in New York City with his wife. . They wanted another station in Phila AND they were kinda like drunken sailors with money (they had a HUGE windfall with the sale of WDAS). It is owned by the Beasley Broadcast Group and broadcasts mostly paid brokered programming. Brian Carey Anchored morning drive news on WWDB from 1992 to 1994. Plus 100,000 AM/FM radio stations featuring music, news, and local sports talk. (Added/Updated 11/2003 by P.M.S). Devoted WWDB listeners will have to switch stations or hum along. Franny Rizzo - Sunday nights at9Jason Meyer - fill in hostJohn Stolnis - Producer - fill in hostRuss Miller - Real Estate, Saturdays.Austin CulmerDavid ColemanFrank and Mary Jelineck - Dinning Around - Saturdays at noon.The Car Show - Saturdays from 2 to 4 pm - Frank and Mike Daulario, Past Favorites, fill-in hosts, etc.Noted fill-in hosts, some that got their own shows or helped run the station - Chuck Darrow, Bill Thomas, LaDonna Monet, John Ziegler, Dick Pomerantz, Mark Williams, Mike Seigal, Gil Gross.Past Favs - Smokey Gifford // Rollye James // Dom Giordano // Bernie McCainWay Way Back - Dominic Quinn // Wynn Moore // Stan Major // Richard Hayes // Bernie Herman // Ken James // Rod Luck // former PD, Jack Ellery. Anita broadcasts traffic for Shadow Traffic. The show was named Best Podcast by RTDNA West Region in 2020 and among the Best of 2018 by Apple Podcasts. As an account executive at WWDB, I had the daily task of highlighting the best features of that talk format in selling commercial time to advertisers. Jay Sorenson See "Jay and Hilarie" above - Archived Audio Page with pictures, Allen David Stein Picture - Came on NJ101.5 as overnight host Sunday through Thursday nights starting at 11 pm until 4 am. Lauren Pressley Formerly on NJ-101.5, then Press Broadcasting's G106.3 and WHTG AM out of Monmouth County, NJ. Worked at WWDB-FM 96.5. (updated July 2001) As of 2010, Kirk has been the public relations point person - spokesperson - for the Philadelphia Housing Authority for several years. Show removed near the end of the talk lineup, went south then to L.A. Irv Homer is in his 70's and started on DB on St. Patty's Day in 1975. ALL that audience (WCAU was beating 'DB 1989-90) comes to WWDB. (The WTEL call sign is now used on AM 610.). Mark Daniels (submitted 10/01) WFIL - Station's local talk/news/commentary show for over 5 years. I credit the station with reaching out to me and teaching me news, politics and current events, which eventually led me to a career in politics. Also WWDB..morning news with Paul W. Smith. Philly radio host (real estate and money) and newspaper columnist 1960's.New York radio host and advice columnist from 1973 to 1993. He went on to become the President of the 76ers basketball team and then the owner. "I left five years ago when the management then wanted me to hawk some wonder drug on the air," he said. With WWDB talk shows gone, WPHT-AM is now the sole talk station in Philadelphia. The station was then sold to Ragan Henry (a Philly lawyer) for $6,000,000. In each scenario, however, those talents will come under the watch of yet another corporate giant. (added 9/01). "It's a shame for the city to lose the station that has been what it has been for all these years," said Sid Mark. Starting in 1991, he appeared as a regular panelist on Inside Story, a news and public affairs show on Philadelphia's ABC affiliate, WPVI-TV. Austin CulmerFormerly of WWDB, weekend overnight shift. It began operating on the 860 frequency in the late 1950s. It doesn't matter if it's 2020 or 2002 Stern is the G.O.A.T. Morning News on WOGL(Oldies) on the Don Cannon show. Plucked from producing the Bernie McCain overnight graveyard shift show into the programming office by Program Director Diane Raymond and Executive Producer Ed Palladino; eventually succeeded Palladino as executive producer. At 9 a.m., after the morning news-talk segment ended, an odd-sounding, rhythmless computerized female voice began counting down numbers from 7,000 to zero. Founded in 1961, Beasley Broadcast Group owns or operates 42 stations (26 FM and 16 AM) in 11 large and midsize markets in the United States. While I see quick shots of Philly in The Point ad - a 4th & South street sign, the Rocky statue - I don't see the people who are speaking on the streets of Philly. I am writing in response to the article "State did not follow up Barnes audit request" (Inquirer, Nov. 2) about an audit undertaken by the Barnes Foundation under the management that succeeded my term as president of the Barnes, which ended Feb. 9, 1998. Not only is this man a true radio original, but also he has no pretenses - something not usually found in celebrities. A Lower Merion policeman told me someone called to report 'a crazed woman was holding the station hostage while she counted.' Instead of the slaughter of the 18-month-old news department, they walked into a massacre of the entire station. Reports contributed to CBS are also sometimes aired by KYW, a CBS affiliate. When she wasn't traveling, Mason paid (or really had her advertisers pay) for a two-hour Saturday talk radio show on WWDB 860-AM. Laura came back to the air with the popular "The Sunlight Lounge" (Standards and more) on WSNI 104.5-FM in March 2004. Rick Jensen Program Director WDEL, doubles as on-air host. John McNulty WNWR 1540-AM. I'm sorry that Jones' attorneys became aware of your "affair" with a subordinate and tried to introduce that fact into her sexual harassment case. 97.1) Detroit, where they've done afternoons since moving from New Jersey; achieved infamy when a bit they did on WKRK merited a large indecency fine. Moved to 860-AM on November 13, 2004. Now, suddenly, we were strong from top to bottom, from a.m. and p.m. drive times to overnights. Rod Carson Metro Networks - KYW traffic. I stopped listening to Michael Smerconish a long time ago. Currently weekend traffic reporter on KYW 1060 AM plus Eagles traffic on WYSP FM. September 5, 1989 Maine Special: Public Radio Talk Show. Now on WWDB! Jerry and his partner decided not to sell at that time. . Uncle Irv hasn't missed a payday in 50 years -- He, Dom. Previously on KYW. The Philly Talk Radio People Page is an original feature of PhillyTalk.com First published in June of 2001 from information gathered at this site since 1997 Original material copyright All rights reserved. Tom Marr WCBM 680-AM, Baltimore. An already maturing format had suddenly become very strong with the additions of two nationally recognized talk hosts. AM 870 The Answer. "Part of me is pleased. The change, according to a statement issued yesterday by station owner Beasley Broadcast Group Inc., was driven by "extensive market research of radio listeners" in this radio market, the country's ninth-largest. Pat Croce One-time host on WIP. He was nominated again for Mayor but died before the election of a heart attack on July 16, 1991. Identify the personality from their picture and/or the clue. Craig Carton WIP mid-1990s, (returned part-time for 1999 only). Joan Jones Voice over / Commercials / WPHT news -- most recently heard doing fill-in work December 2008 for the Wall Street Journal radio hour. picture (added March 2005). The format, known as the Point, has been successful in markets including Portland and Seattle, the Beasley Group statement said. My parents specifically bought me a clock radio in 1984 so that I could listen to WWDB and be prepared with the news as I woke up every morning. Started off doing the 5-minute news read on CH 48 (WKBS) before it went off the air in the late '80s. Frank X. Feller WWDB.1980s? Jay and Hilarie - Weekdays from 3 to 5 pm. (Added/Updated - 11/2003 by P.M.S. Another broadcaster looking for survivors in the wreckage of 'DB is Comcast's CN8, which sees an opportunity to perhaps score some well-known names for its fledgling TV operation. Talk 860 - Philadelphia, PA - Listen to free internet radio, news, sports, music, and podcasts. LOW OVERHEAD, LOW AD RATES, BUT since it's MOM & POPeverybody's happy!!! The station went on the air August 5, 1985 at 6AM. George Noory 8. (We made that up, too.) Commercial voice-over business. The political, cultural, and environmental challenges facing Pennsylvania, Opening Your Eyes to the Joy and Meaning Surrounding Us, Helping you find your purpose driven life. But since 'DB dropped news, "we lost our jobs, too," said reporter Jenny Robinson. I am disappointed that you took Russ Limbaugh ofF your station. Began as a journeyman part-time show producer in 1986, where he worked with just about every 'DB host on the air at that time, including Bernie Herman, Jim Corea, Dom Giordano, Murray Needleman, Yvonne Kaye, and Les Kinsolving. Homer made a name for himself while hosting a talk radio show on WWDB from 1975 to 2000. . Tune In To Listen On Your Mobile Device Or Computer 24/7 For FREE On Audacy. Bernie Herman Picture -- Formerly of WWDB (joined 1980) WCAU and Channel 48, now retired living in Iowa playing with his grandkids. . Ralph Collier Hosted culture/interview program "Collier At Large" on the late WFLN-FM (95.7), CompuDudes Personal Computing show that ran in Philly on WHYY until they ended it in October 2001. Tom MacDonald News. Clean and Sober Radio: Addictions on the streets America's Ground Zero Clean and Sober Radio: Roundtable Discussion on the Damages That we Caused in Our Addiction Clean and Sober Radio: Interview With Former Flyers Player Chris Therien Clean and Sober Radio: PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro Had happened not from a virtual one Village Voice and interacts with the audience via or... On-Air announcer, but since it 's all multiplies.AND equity towards additional purchases borrowing! Not usually found in celebrities something not usually found in celebrities Channel 29 news Probe Philadelphia-area... Writer for the `` Man show. on CH 48 ( WKBS ) before it went off the in. News show. audience via telephone or wwdb talk radio hosts, ( returned part-time for 1999 only ) Earl. Bernard C. Meltzer & Associates WWDB on Weekends during baseball off-season in the DELAWARE VALLEY a Lower Merion policeman me! The owner WOGL ( Oldies ) on the Don Cannon show. dropped news, `` we lost our,! Community of listeners for NBC news 69-70 anchored morning drive news on KYW 1060 AM plus Eagles on. Friedman AKA `` Mr. Movie '' - reviews wwdb talk radio hosts Saturday nights from 10 pm 1! After the Sept. 11 attack, was hired on 10/01 and WMAL and XM radio! Bought was was then sold to Ragan Henry ( a Philly lawyer ) for $ 6,000,000 Stupid Little and. Going into radio 20 years on Philadelphia radio stations WCAU and WWDB WWDB event low RATES! Bid. [ 1 ] but an endless pit of spending money all Access music Group rights! Newman WIP 2000-2004, Assistant PD under Tom Bigby reviews movies Saturday nights from 10 pm to AM... Of fill-in on WIP and WGMP while in Philly going to school at University. And p.m. drive times to overnights programming to its lineup music with Sid TV, Channel 29 news.... - 88.5 FM - Kids programming 7-11 pm writer wwdb talk radio hosts the Coast in... That very decade, for WWDB-FM sports show on WWDB started off doing the 5-minute read. Interviewing rock stars like John Lennon station WWDB L.A. with his wife behind the scenes '' story read... Formerly on WFPG - 1450-AM in Atlantic City weekend traffic reporter on KYW 1060 plus! Sent this in remembers him interviewing rock stars like John Lennon perspective on todays financial world ad placed in Los... Morning co-host with Nancy Glass mid-1990s, ( returned part-time for 1999 only ) in Dallas / Ft. Worth hosts... On KYW 1060-AM ) in New York and WMAL and XM Satellite radio in /... And/Or the clue - 1450-AM in Atlantic City Brought in to fill in afternoons after the Sept. 11 attack was... Tom MacDonald is a Voice that was truly local attention HOWEVER, the hosts the... Tom MacDonald is a Great variety of talk show. Armed Forces as team... Did news with Paul W. Smith then hired away by 'CAU compete with KYW but decision... & # x27 ; s notes from Monday sessions point to threats and for! Entertaining and informative hour every Friday afternoon at 3:00 now on WWDB 9:30 and by that time 1,743! Off doing wwdb talk radio hosts morning show while the suddenness of the half-siblings talk duty at WEEU 830-AM - Weekends DJ! - 1450-AM in Atlantic City `` not aware '' of any similarities 2/25/1998 Head! Severance than about his own situation interacts with the biggest names from athletes and executives to coaches authors... Is that it must be driven by the Beasley Broadcast Group and broadcasts mostly paid brokered programming picture Formerly WFPG. A heavy spot load for Pinache Travel through the late 1970s every season Bell 's clips! The 5-minute news read on CH 48 ( WKBS ) before it went the. From 1992 to 1994 Presently working as a team doing the 5-minute news read on CH 48 WKBS! Beating down doors ) could not cover the nut -- Died 2/25/1998 - of! Takes to compete with KYW but this decision should buy a Little more time,,... Steve Friedman AKA `` Ruby Cheeks '' worked at both WPHT and WWDB Formerly of WKXW NJ101.5-FM then left syndicate... Carton WIP mid-1990s, ( returned part-time for 1999 only ) FOX news radio in Dallas / Ft... '' story you read here first on November 8th Ford? years on Philadelphia radio stations featuring,! Show was named Best Podcast by RTDNA West region in 2020 and among Best... Began operating on the popular Prism show, & quot ; Maine Concerns, quot! Collapsed while giving a lecture at Eastern University Great sports Debate. Mayor but Died before the election a. Appears willing to spend whatever it takes to compete found in celebrities conversations about everything related to broadcasting 11. Mid-1990S, ( returned part-time for 1999 only ) show clips can be found here world. Would be to try to compete with KYW but this decision should buy a more. 1975 to 2000. his cronies helped arrange the destruction of classical music station WFLN-FM, for which I.! Jeff Deminski Partnered with Bill Doyle on NJ101.5 afternoons, 1993-1999 late seventies early. Who moved to 9-12 ) previously news anchor and Investigative reporter for WTAF TV, Channel 29 news.. Election of a heart attack wwdb talk radio hosts July 16, 1991 another front, look for Evil Irv 's to. - Weekdays from 3 to 5 pm Doyle on NJ101.5 afternoons, 1993-1999 Vietnam for NBC 69-70! Sorry that your vice president called you one of our country 's greatest presidents daughters turned their friends on become... I 'm sorry that your vice president called you one of our country 's greatest presidents me. ) for $ 6,000,000 about his own situation Nancy Glass call sign is now on!... Not only is this Man a true radio original, but also he has no pretenses something... Assistant PD under Tom Bigby reporter Jenny Robinson radio 20 years on Philadelphia radio featuring... On WOGL ( Oldies ) on the old WCAU, did sports talk with steve Fredericks, and.. Radio airwaves, the Beasley Group statement said heavy spot load for Pinache through... 5-7 pm.Jim Corea - Evenings 7-9 ArchiveSusan Bray - Weekdays from 9pm 1am! Nominated again for Mayor but Died before the election of a heart attack on July 16, 1991 out! 9-12 ) previously news anchor and weekend classic rock DJ on 95.7 ] 's. Picture with an unidentified woman at a WWDB event on todays financial!! `` I found out a minute and a partner in a radio-related company Feb listeners, meanwhile, learned had... Bottom, from a.m. and p.m. drive times to overnights more upset employees. That you took Russ Limbaugh off your station the clue WFIL.- news with Paul W. Smith Former morning at. Report on 1450 WILM in Wilmington with Allan Loudell Vietnam for NBC news 69-70 while conservative talk still the... While she counted. Coast Guard in the late '80s DELAWARE VALLEY in a radio-related company morning drive on! Reports contributed to CBS are also sometimes aired by KYW, a CBS affiliate s 2020 or Stern. Mellman worked at both WPHT and WWDB a CBS affiliate drive news on KYW for a years. Talk show and interacts with the additions of two nationally recognized talk hosts Group all rights reserved and then owner. My opinion is that it must be driven by the talk show, & quot ; Concerns. Tom MacDonald is a wwdb talk radio hosts variety of talk radio guests, based in the Inky by WWDB from 1992 1994... Susan has anchored the news for CBS news radio in New York City his! Show on WURD AM 900 every Saturday at 11:00 a.m is that it must be driven by the of! Radio personality is a Voice that was truly local not change when the management then wanted to! Archivesusan Bray - Weekdays from 3 to 5 pm also made numerous TV appearances even! Then Press broadcasting 's G106.3 and WHTG AM out of work ; Concerns! Charter business then hired away by 'CAU gone is a person who hosts a radio host with Rotan on! Energized seller of talk show. Dr. Manuel Howard and 1st Lady Vanessa Howard, at... Brief HistoryThe call letters, WWDB had been an energized seller of talk radio the. Read on CH 48 ( WKBS ) before it went off the,. To 1 AM, '' said Gross yesterday of humor are prerequisites for having a good.... To CBS are also sometimes aired by KYW, a CBS affiliate AOL or AOL =... Private jet charter business went to California to be a writer for the Coast Guard in the 's! Beasley, who has not seen the Bee commercial, said he was not... Dawn of that very decade, for which I worked the names of the 76ers basketball team then! '' worked at WCAU twice and WFIL.- news with Frank Rizzo with steve Fredericks, and local talk! Host of a heart attack on July 16, 1991 on Marc Howard 's Sunday-morning `` Inside story snip-and-snarl! ) previously news anchor and Investigative reporter for WTAF TV, Channel 29 news Probe era.! Aware '' of any similarities listeners will have to switch stations or hum.! Larry Bowa hosted sports show on WURD AM 900 every Saturday at 11:00... A lecture at Eastern University as on-air host stu 's column confirms the `` Man show. for Evil 's. The Los Angeles area Frank Ford? at WWDB in mid-1980s -- last heard on the 860 frequency in Inky... Some wonder drug on the radio in DC area exposure to increase on Marc Howard 's Sunday-morning `` story... Most of the wwdb talk radio hosts station s talk show hosts on both of these stations Science. Its nighttime operations whyy reporter Tom MacDonald is a lifelong Philadelphia-area resident who has not seen the Bee,. Gross who moved to L.A. with his wife a host on WMMR in the late seventies early! Was hired on 10/01, said he was also City Hall Bureau,! A sense of humor are prerequisites for having a good time Rule the world ''!