The cream can be massaged into the affected area gently. Bayer now only make Germolene Cream; production of the ointment was stopped because one of the ingredients became unavailable. Rub some moisture cream that is also antiseptic or an antibacterial cream like germolene, sudocrem, doublebase, your pharmacist may have a suitable cream. It can be found in pharmacies and local stores. What powers can be achieved through meditation? If you are like me that you usually stay for a long time on the toilet I might have a trick for you to try. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 May 2014. $26.60. There are several other products in the Germolene line. In short, it appealed to as many senses as it was able; how it looked and how it smelled was as important as its actual healing properties. Originally a thick antiseptic ointment with a distinctive pink colour and scented with oil of wintergreen, Germolene was also reformulated as a cream, with both an ointment (pink) and cream (white) form being sold. We also use these cookies to understand how customers use our services (for example, by measuring site visits) so we can make improvements. AnswerBank Ltd 2000 - 2023. It is used for many skin conditions, including wounds and bruises. This topical cream for piles contains an active ingredient called phenol, which is a strong antiseptic agent that helps in reducing inflammation and provides immediate relief from pain. A distinctive dusky pink that differentiated it from any other cream I can think of. How can you tell if a man is metrosexual? Get your marketing done in half the time with our marketing tips. . Dermatitis in some of the patients has been seen. The ingredients in Germolene are mildly abrasive, so use it with care. Product Description. Reduced risk of infection. Savlon and other 'creams' can act as bacterial growth mediums once the tube is opened, plus they will prevent anything from sticking to the skin (eg, micropore). The product can also be applied to the face using a foundation brush, providing a flawless finish. 23.99. Germolene is the brand name used on a range of antiseptic products produced by the Bayer company,[1] who purchased the brand from GlaxoSmithKline, then known as Smithkline Beecham, in 1999. Catmando means the tub of thick stuff which according to wiki was discontinued in July 2014. What is StoryBrand? This is one of the main reasons why Germolene is effective for treating hemorrhoids. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve itching and irritation. If you suffer from hemorrhoids, you can apply Germolene cream to your anal canal to reduce inflammation and pain. That unique, almost welcoming clinical antiseptic smell that seemed to linger in your nasal passages long after the scent of other creams would have faded away. This makes it ideal for those who are looking for an alternative treatment option as they may not want to take medication internally. It really did end up looking as vile as that sounds. It may have changed brand names etc. So, to understand how, Read More Why you should use brand storytelling for your businessContinue, The benefits of having a brand story. There was some from china which i wont do i need it pretty soon and high quality then there was LIQUID SKIN GLUE WATERPROOF PLASTER FIRST 1g which is the same price as what it used to cost for the germaline plus it also is 1g so wouldnt last long considering the germoline is 20ml. I think the ointment fell out of favour because it is messier to use and leaves stains and greasy marks on clothing. Avoid antiseptic creams such as Savlon or Germolene, as these are too harsh for genital skin and may delay healing. Thats uncomfortable for consumers but equally so for the marketer. Germolene Antiseptic Cream Active Ingredient: phenol, chlorhexidine digluconate Company: Bayer plc See contact details About Medicine General Sales List Healthcare Professionals (SmPC) Patient Leaflet (PIL) This information is for use by healthcare professionals Last updated on emc: 11 Jul 2022 Quick Links Antiseptic action helps prevent infection, soothing local aesthetic numbs the pain to relieve itching and irritation of minor skin injuries Take part in the Alexa Young Innovator Challenge I was delighted to be able to get this ointment on line as I have been looking for it in the shops for ages.They only seem to keep the cream which I do not find so effective. It is important to use Germolene for hemorrhoids only when they are severe. It contains both phenol, for numbing and pain relief, as well as Chlorhexidine Digluconate, which is a powerful antiseptic. The product can be applied to the skin by using a gentle circular motion this will help to create a thin, even layer of the product on the skin. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. The active ingredient in this product also has the ability to prevent the recurrence of piles by preventing bacteria from entering the skin through pores and causing inflammation.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'healmyhemorrhoids_com-leader-2','ezslot_9',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-healmyhemorrhoids_com-leader-2-0'); Undoubtedly, yes, Germolene is great at treating hemorrhoids effectively and thats not all. It reduces inflammation, which prevents bacteria from causing infection. Could it have been accidental, or was it the pure marketing genius of the Beechams company back in 1925 when Germolene was first sold? 9.4. view product. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie Preferences, as described in the Cookie Notice. Germolene new skin rapidly forms a tough, almost invisible barrier which makes unsightly plasters unnecessary. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Germolene cream and ointment are two different things. About Product Disclaimer Medical Disclaimer Affiliate Disclaimer Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions Legal Disclaimer. It was then reformulated as a cream. Just purchased 5 tubes of Germolene Pink Antiseptic Ointment from South Africa. It will help to reduce itching and swelling in the anal canal, which will help you to heal your hemorrhoids faster. Germolene also shrinks hemorrhoids. This includes the ingredients, packaging, and any warnings that may be on the labels. It was after I got cured of them I decided to do this blog to help others from getting hemorrhoids or help those who already got them. Why not the same commitment and loyalty to Savlon, for example? Secure transaction . The germonline was ideal, put a layer on it lasted a few days . The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Germolene cream is an antiseptic cream that contains four active substances. Cuts and scrapes might not seem like a big deal, but even the smallest abrasion can become infected if left untreated. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. And do not use the cream right after having a bleeding session without cleaning it. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Germolene cream works by shrinking inflamed blood vessels. See details See all 5 brand new listings Qty Buy It Now Add to cart Watch Sold by direct-care ( 331307) 99.4% positive Feedback Contact seller . Frequently repeated topical application on the same site could theoretically lead to skin irritation. It can also help with insect bites. 20:42 Sun 04th Oct 2015 woofgang I think the ointment fell out of favour because it is messier to use and leaves stains and greasy marks on clothing. Just bought last week. Chemist Direct offer the full Germolene range at low prices, with free UK delivery on orders over $55.00. 3. There was some on eBay a couple of days ago, but I've just gone in to buy it and they have sold out. It should be used in accordance with the products directions. It also helps to shrink swollen blood veins inside the anal canal. Because if you have a very serious case of hemorrhoids, only using Germolene wouldnt work. Any spot, scratch or scrape and out would come that magic pink cream that would make it better and make it better instantly. Germolene is a topical cream that is used to treat minor cuts, grazes, and burns. Review Summary. 0 reviews. Postage is airmail, recorded and expensive but worth the risk. The thick ointment is no longer available to the public in the UK. Tried-tested and proven beyond doubt, this was indeed as close to a magic potion as you were likely to get. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. It contains a number of ingredients including zinc oxide, glycerin, petrolatum, and chlorhexidine. Why was Germolene ointment discontinued? Germolene's active ingredients include phenol 1.2% (providing antiseptic, locally analgesic and antipruritic effects) and chlorhexidine digluconate 0.25%. And also to see what options you have to stop them! Skin irritation if you use it more than the recommended dose. Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here), www.wilko.com/en-uk/germolene-antiseptic-cream-30g/p/0100128. Germolene is also used to treat skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and rosacea. Take any of these elements away and it just wasnt quite so magic anymore. Germolene is available in two forms gel or ointment (cream). The cream should be applied directly to the affected area, and a dressing may be necessary if the wound is open. Germolene Antiseptic Cream for PilesGermolene UsesWhat is Hello and welcome to Heal My Hemorrhoids. It was the only antiseptic ointment used in our family because of its gentle soothing on the wound and for its swift antiseptic qualities. While Germolene can work well for hemorrhoids, there are some side effects to consider. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set. The original pink ointment Germolene. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. I get my Germolene ointment from friends visiting South Africa. Germolene cream and ointment are two different things. Sudocrem costs around 2.50 for a 125gm tub or, if you use a lot, 6.30 for 400gm. To get Germolene just click here and get it on Amazo, What Makes Germolene good For Hemorrhoids, link to Can Standing Too Long Cause Hemorrhoids, FAQs about Germolene for Hemorrhoids -Benefits and Drawbacks, What is Germolene and how can it help you. There are many benefits of using germolene. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question. Germolene New Skin provides a waterproof and germproof barrier to protect GERMOLENE Antiseptic Cream with Local Anaesthetic 30g PACK OF 2 (60GM) GERMOLENE. It arrived in a couple of days and is now in use to heal "hacks" on the hands caused by the cold weather. Home / Medicines / First Aid / Antiseptics. All Rights Reserved. They still do it in my local chemistnext to the Savlon! It can be used as often as necessary to keep the wound clean. That is why it is not sold over the counter. Using Germolene on your private parts is not something to be condoned. I first met Germolene when I was a boy in Cornwall, UK, about 80 years ago. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'healmyhemorrhoids_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-healmyhemorrhoids_com-medrectangle-4-0');Did you get hemorrhoids from constipation or from straining on the toilet or sitting too long when doing a bowel movement? Warning: Germolene's Phenol ingredient is highly toxic to pets and small animals. I mean the pink ointment, not the white cream (which is far inferior). TCP was available formerly as an ointment, TCP Original Antiseptic Ointment 30 g. A spray plaster was or is available under the TCP brand. Now it is just the white cream. The availability is one of the main reasons why theyre popular in fighting hemorrhoids and their symptoms besides being affordable as well. The cream is a good buy for your home first aid kit. My husband is addicted to the stuff. The brand was bought by Bayer and they discontinued the ointment. It is also not recommended to be used on the inside of your ears or on your mouth. The brand was bought by Bayer and they discontinued the ointment. What is comparable to Germolene ointment? Thanks everyone, it's down to Bayer then, mmm, germolene OINTMENT (pink) is available in UK on ebay. The real price is 2.19. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". The cream can be found in many different forms in the markets including Germolene ointments and creams for external uses. The reason I ask is because I tried an experiment last week using good old fashioned "Germolene" instead, the pink antiseptic ointment which I've used for just about everything else possible down the years, and so far it seems to be working ! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 April 2014. The cream is non-greasy and offers good pain relief. Antiseptic cream (Phenol and Chlorhexidine Digluconate). Just purchased 5 tubes of Germolene Pink Antiseptic Ointment from South Africa. This will reduce the risk of infection, particularly if you are the type of person who bleeds like a sailor. Process entails you providing your e-mail address (when they ask) so seller can cross check your own reality/you do exist with PayPal, so it is not fraudulent for them either. Germolene is available in several different forms. 5 people found this helpful Helpful Report abuse Martin Super Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 May 2014 Upon regular use, it reduces the strains inside your anal canal which causes bleeding sessions. Germolene does not have any side effects as it is made with natural ingredients. The name Germolene is a registered trademark of Bayer AG. [4][dubious discuss] As of 2015, it is only available with a doctor's prescription. Much more effective than the white cream available in the UK. Press J to jump to the feed. and squirting it up one's arse wasn't possible back in my day, https://www.boots.com/en/Germolene-Antiseptic-Cream-55g_5498/. Three things: We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Im following this as I have the same dilemma!!! The early stages of hemorrhoids can be easily treated using different lifestyles and routines. Due to the high oil factor, they tend to be greasier than creams. Germolene ointment is not available as apparently after Bayer bought it they said one of the ingredients became unavailable so they discontinued it. The first thing to look for is the ingredients. Chlorhexidine is also used in hospitals and clinics to clean skin or surgical equipment before surgery. Used that for years, brilliant! Its important to remember that not all micellar waters are created equal. The cream can be applied topically, meaning that it does not need to be ingested by the patient. 20:42 Sun 04th Oct 2015 Buenchico Manage Settings Bathing with bicarbonate wash after each toilet visit, moisturising with Emu oil or Sudacreme, Clob at night to no avail. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the area where it has been applied. It is a well-rounded cream that contains chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, a topical anesthetic, and other antiseptic ingredients that work to prevent infection. Are Superman and Wonder Woman best friends? The instructions on the TCP bottle state that TCP can be used for sore throats, mouth ulcers, cuts, grazes, bites and stings, boils, spots and pimples. Both products help keep the wound moist, which may prevent or reduce scarring. Maybe if we leave the EU we'll get our Germolene ointment back. Hi Guys, it looks like Germolene have stopped making this and i have looked all over for something the exact same with no luck. Germolene stops any kind of infections from growing and prevents them from ever happening in the first place. The cream is also used for minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. The brand was bought by Bayer and they discontinued the ointment. Any recommendations are general tips and may not apply to all individuals. I haven't got anything helpful to add, other than to say I'm also looking for it or an alternative and failing. Germolene Antiseptic Ointment 50g. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 May 2014. Benzocaine, a local anesthetic, is the main active ingredient in Germolene. I also have some in a tube but that is the cream. Germolene is a medicine that contains Benzocaine, which is a local anesthetic. This type of product is designed to remove makeup gently and effectively. Sorry, we can't find any related questions. It can be used in all forms of piles, including acute, chronic, or recurrent ones. I have used it, I have used it on my children and they have used it on their children. For many businesses, knowing how to use a story effectively remains a mystery. The next step is to dry the area thoroughly with a towel or paper towel before applying the germline cream. It is available in a white or pink formula. Germolene Ointment has protective, soothing, analgesic and anti-bacterial properties. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. The new Germolene Cream does not contain zinc oxide but does have Chlorhexidine Digluconate which we don't want to use. This topical cream can help to clear up the infection and may even help to heal the underlying issues. Whether you are suffering from hemorrhoids, constipation, or other skin problems, Germolene cream can help. It relieves pain and reduces itchiness. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. These 11 questions will give you the focus you need: No thanks, Ill let my competition get ahead instead. I am now stock-piling just in case it does disappear online soon! If it touches your clothes it won't come off. You need to talk to your health care professional. It even works on mild severe cases of hemorrhoids as well as on manageable hemorrhoids. We now use 'Penniwise' are really making an enormous profit on Germolene Ointment. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings, help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. I seem to have tried everything ie. You will probably find they were discontinued for ambiguous ''commercial reasons'', that are never fully explained or looked into. Germolene cream also helps soften the skin. The benefits of using Neosporin or bacitracin-only ointment include: Reduced scarring. This helps reduce the pain and inflammation caused by minor skin conditions such as hemorrhoids. The new Germolene Cream does not contain zinc oxide but does have Chlorhexidine Digluconate which we don't want to use. They also push drugs that may have common side effect problems because they make a lot of money out of the tax payer for them. Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream, 125g. Third parties use cookies for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalised ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.