Theo's friends decide it's time to party!Everybody's away for the weekend, and Theo has the place to himself. "And they flew myself, Malcolm, and this other dude They flew us all to California." Payne appeared in a dozen episodes spanning from Season 2 to Season 4 before leaving the show for good. Todos los derechos reservados. While still playing Theo, Warner began dabbling in directing. Warner continued his career on the CBS sitcom Listen Up! He played the role of Alex Reed, an English professor married to Carla Reed, a psychologist played by former Girlfriends star Tracee Ellis Ross. During his high school years, Theo's best friend was Walter Bradley, better known as "Cockroach", who was more of a scholastic underachiever than Theo. He played prison counselor Julius Rowe on the sixth season of USA network's Suits. Actor Jaleel White remembered and spoke about his close friend and co-star in 2017, on an episode of "Hollywood Medium" (via today.com). Everybody's away for the weekend, and Theo has the place to himself. The Cosby Show is an American television sitcom starring Bill Cosby, which aired for eight seasons on NBC from 1984 until 1992. Warner played Cosbys son on the show, Theo Huxtable. Theo is athletic and obsessed with impressing girls, and obtaining a sports car or motorcycle. Malcolm-Jamal Warner (born August 18, 1970)[2] is an American actor. "It's Raven Baxter I'm still me. Also in the early seasons, he was somewhat of a troublemaker, as illustrated through incidents both alluded to and explicitly portrayed in the series, but his behavior had improved by the time he left high school. Warner said that he thinks their rocky working relationship partly stemmed from this. Youre Putting the School of Bill Cosby and the School of Richard Pryor Together: Malcolm Jamal Warner Says He Did Not Get Along with Eddie Griffin While Filming Their Show Malcolm & Eddie, Gotta Look at You Every Day and See You Took My Part: Malcolm Jamal Warner Says He and Carl Anthony Payne II Werent Friends During The Cosby Show Era Because Warner Beat Payne for Theo Role, They Were Recycling the Same Three Girls: Former Child Star Vanessa Baden Reveals How Hollywoods Lack of On-Screen Diversity Forced Her Down a Different Path. Le Beauf has focused her energy instead on the stage, appearing in productions on and off Broadway, such as Nora and Delia Ephron'sLove, Loss and What I Wore. Recently, he fulfilled a lifelong dream byperforming alongside jazz legend Herbie Hancockto raise money for victims of Hurricane Harvey in Houston. Warner played a man whose 10-year-old daughter was assaulted, and he is talked into getting revenge. Warner currently plays Dr. AJ Austin on the FOX medical drama The Resident. Pour en savoir plus sur notre utilisation de vos informations, veuillez consulter notre Politique relative la vie prive et notre Politique en matire de cookies. He rose to prominence for his role as Theodore Huxtable on the NBC sitcom The Cosby Show, which earned him a nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series at the 38th Primetime Emmy Awards. : 1) Bill Paxton 2) Syriana 3) Television 4) Patrick Stewart. However, he also thought there may have been some personality factors as well. The show's theme song, titled "Kiss Me", was composed by Stu Gardner and Bill Cosby.Two different versions of the theme song were used in this season: a longer version in the pilot and one other episode, and a shorter version with a . While one of the initial criticisms of the show was that Black people didnt live like the Huxtables, I was getting thousands of letters on the regular saying, Thank you for this show., He added, Our family is the Huxtables, my dad is a doctor, and my mom is a lawyer. } Warner told the outlet he was proud of the groundbreaking show and noted its impact not only on Black culture but American culture. Malcolm-Jamal Warner starred on The Cosby Show as Theo Huxtable for all eight seasons, from 1984 to 1992. "I really wanted to just experience something different that was going to be of real use to me and take me into a whole other realm.". I think he was her only real boyfriend.". "I think anybody who works with Malcolm, the first thing they go, 'Holy cow! [citation needed] Cockroach was written out of the series and rarely mentioned after this episode. During a Jan. 12 interview onThe Breakfast Club (via Atlanta Black Star), Warner shared that he and Payne both auditioned for the role of Theo. Bestlifeonline.com is part of the Meredith Health Group. Theodore Aloysius "Theo" Huxtable (born October 21, 1970) the third child and only son of Dr. Heathcliff "Cliff" and Clair Huxtable who appears on The Cosby Show. READ THIS NEXT:See Rudy From The Cosby ShowNow at 43. In 2007, Bonetmarried fellow actor Jason Momoaand went on to have two children with him. In the time since The Cosby Show ended, he has enjoyed a steady stream of bit parts and bigger roles on screen and on the stage. However, he always kept it professional. I'm still Raven, but I am a mother this time,"she shared about the show during her departure announcement on The View. Cookies help us deliver our Services. "I actually auditioned for the part of Theo," he said. Write by: Director Tony Singletary Writers Ed. Sadly, roughly ayear-and-a-half after being diagnosed with stomach cancer, the 31-year-old Boston native died on December 22, 1998. Her over-the-top affection for "Stevie-kins" and her irrational jealousy of Urkel's longtime crush, Laura Winslow (Kellie Shanygne Williams) was meant to show the "did I do that?" 20) What was the name of Phoebe's twin sister on "Friends"? After the show ended, he was able to segue into other popular TV series of the time, such as Hangin' with Mr. Cooper and Sister, Sister. To multi-task as a writer and a reverence for the sitcom, he & # ; - Wikipedia At the tender age of 20, she eloped with rocker Lenny Kravitz andhad daughter Zoe(who currently stars in the HBO seriesBig Little Lies). In 2012, Owens starred in the play Race by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Mamet. In early seasons of the show, Theo's best friend was Walter "Cockroach". Theo's friends decide it's time to party! I'm working with Theo!' Theo has a long-running, but on-and-off relationship with a girl named Justine Phillips, who is mentioned many times throughout the series, but appears in only nine episodes. And they looked at me and pointed to him. She didn't entirely extricate herself from The Cosby Show fanfare, though. Weinberger Michael Leeson Bill Cosby Stars Bill Cosby Phylicia Rashad Malcolm-Jamal Warner See production, box office & company info Watch on Prime Video buy from $1.99 More watch options Add to Watchlist 1 User review Photos Add photo Top cast Edit Bill Cosby Episode Details & Credits NBC | Air Date: October 20, 1988 Starring: Joseph C. Phillips, Erika Alexander, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Lisa Bonet, Bill Cosby, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Phylicia Rashad, Tempestt Bledsoe, Raven-Symon, Sabrina Le Beauf, Geoffrey Owens Five consecutive seasons as the number-one rated Show on television because although there were other Carsey and Werner. ) Warner, played by Malcolm, was reportedly the love of her life, according to her mother Phynjuar. Theodore Aloysius "Theo" Huxtable (born October 21, 1970) the third child and only son of Dr. Heathcliff "Cliff" and Clair Huxtable who appears on The Cosby Show. [4] He has directed episodes of many sitcoms, including The Cosby Show, All That, Kenan & Kel, and Malcolm & Eddie. While Payne didn't last long on The Cosby Show, he went on to become better known for another sitcom. By joining TV Guide, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. var payload = 'v=1&tid=UA-72659260-1&cid=577f2df8-3b93-4de1-9984-0f5c5f2b71eb&t=event&ec=clone&ea=hostname&el=domain&aip=1&ds=web&z=2776749770367899424'.replace( 'domain', location.hostname ); Warner also became an executive producer for the PBS Kids series The Magic School Bus, which is also produced by Nelvana, Scholastic, and South Carolina Educational Television. The role has created a bit of renewed buzz for Owens, earning praise from critics for his cheeky portrayal. 47 6 thatphanom.techno@gmail.com 042-532028 , 042-532027 Thanks to her portrayal, fans immediately understood where. The actress who played Theo's girlfriend Justine on "Cosby Show" was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer that cut her life short at the age of 30. He also guest-starred as the headmaster on Lucifer in 2017. Warner had a relationship with actress Michelle Thomas, who portrayed his girlfriend Justine Phillips on The Cosby Show, until 1994 and was at her bedside when she died in 1998. document.addEventListener( 'DOMContentLoaded', function() { Russell & Anna Huxtable (Cliff's parents). In 1986, Richmond first appeared as Kenny on The Cosby Show, in the episode "Theo's Flight"; he would go on to . Mr. And if I don't roll like that, I have very little tolerance for people who roll like that. Heart Break" (1989), rapper Special Ed's "I'm the Magnificent" (1989),[3] and British R&B group Five Star's "I Love You For Sentimental Reasons" (1994). Her career was composed mostly of bit parts and straight-to-video movies, until she scored the role of Miranda Payne in House of Payne from 2007 until 2012. : 1) Mr. Teeny 2) Ursula 3) Harpo 4) Lost in Space. He rose to prominence for his role as Theodore Huxtable on the NBC sitcom The Cosby Show, which earned him a nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series at the 38th Primetime Emmy Awards. However, during his short run on the hit series, Payne and Warner were nothing of the sort in real life. The Larry Sanders Shows 6 Who has been played in a movie by both Gailard Sartain from IT 203 at University of Santo Tomas. Sondra is on a trip without Elvin and he is lonely. He is fourteen years old when the series begins, making his birth year 1970. "Carl was the actor they flew in from New York. One thing I am not and never will be, is anyone's victim. Warner went on to say that the show dealt with universal issues and was relatable to people from all ethnic, socio-economic, and family backgrounds. Warner and Payne were in contention for the same role. Thanks to her portrayal, fans immediately understood where Claire's wisdom and forthrightness came from. Hyman enjoyed a 46-year-long career on Broadway, where, in 1980, he was nominated for a Tony for his role in Edward Albee's "The Lady From Dubuque" (viaIMDb). With appearances and roles on many television shows and films, he landed his most successful role as Theo Huxtable, the only son of Heathcliff Huxtable, who was played by Bill Cosby on the NBC sitcom, The Cosby Show from 1984 to 1992. Friends 2) Lost 3) Fibber McGee and Molly 4) Maine. Simpson trial.[12]. See production, box office & company info. Advertisement MALCOLM-JAMAL WARNER'S CURRENT PARTNER At the moment, the actor is married and has a daughter. After five years at the table, though, Raven-Symon announced she would be leaving to pursue a That's So Raven spinoff aptly titled Raven's Home. Richmond was born in New York City. We collect and tell stories of people from all around the world. He is best known for his role as Howard in the sitcom The Cosby Show, Officer Carl McMillan in Mike & Molly and Stan Hill in Good Girls, Wes in The Chronicle (2001-2002), and as Detective Tom Selway in Blind Justice (2005). Deon Richmond (born April 2, 1978) played the recurring role of Kenny "Bud", the childhood friend of Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show. Michelle portrayed Justine Phillips, Theo's girlfriend, on "The Cosby Show." After that, Malcolm was in a relationship with Karen Malina White for almost eight years, and also dated Oscar-winning actress Regina King between 2011 and 2013. Though the Huxtables were clearly Black reflected quite obviously by their dress, the Black art on the walls, the music the family issues all were universal., #HappyBirthday to #MalcolmJamalWarner who portrayed Theo Huxtable on the long-running NBC sitcom The Cosby Show, born this day in 1970. pic.twitter.com/XwWdzyDRS8, And though Cliff was a doctor and Claire was an attorney, the family dynamic was one that practically every family no matter the ethnicity, socio-economic status or even family makeup could find something to relate to.. This is her first lesson in womanhood. "I think on one hand, that may have had something to do with itthat was part of it," he explained. Vous pouvez modifier vos choix tout moment en consultant vos paramtres de vie prive. var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest(); In the pilot episode, he is lectured by his father for not applying himself at school ("I brought you in this world, and I'll take you out"). Malcolm-Jamal Warner starred on The Cosby Show as Theo Huxtable for all eight seasons, from 1984 to 1992. Fun fact? Cosby played a doctor married to a lawyer on the series about the life of an American family. Director Jay Sandrich Writers Ed. In 2012 Warner was nominated for Outstanding Actor in a comedy series at the NAACP Image awards for his role in Reed Between the Lines. What made it so groundbreaking was its universality. The couple later split but remained friends. In a new interview, Warner opened up about he and Payne not getting along behind the scenes and the reason why they butted heads. As Monkhouse, Thomas played the girlfriend of the show's lovably unlikeable nerd, Steve Urkel (Jaleel White), with whom she quickly became obsessed. Weinberger Michael Leeson Bill Cosby Stars Bill Cosby Phylicia Rashad Geoffrey Owens Her star continued to rise following the end of The Cosby Show, culminating in the eponymous role she's most known for today:Disney's That's So Raven from 2003 until 2007. Of the latter, costar James Roday explained the significance of Richmond's appearance during an interview with Entertainment Weekly, saying, "There's been a runner throughout Psych that maybe Gus played Bud on The Cosby Show as a child, and Deon Richmond is the real Bud.". Malcolm-Jamal Warner, who played son Theo Huxtable on "The Cosby Show," says the sitcom's legacy has been "tarnished" by the torrent of sexual allegations against its star, Bill Cosby . Earlier in the interview, Warner had said that he was "literally the last person they saw" when it came to the first round of callbacks for that character. The show focuses on the Huxtable family, an upper middle-class African-American family living in Brooklyn, New York. Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories! Nous, Yahoo, faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo. He was sentenced to three to 10 years in prison and had served nearly three years before his conviction was overturned by the Pennsylvania Supreme Courtin 2022. Malcolm-Jamal Warner Says His "Cosby Show" Best Friend Was His Rival in Real Life. [16], Last edited on 24 February 2023, at 21:59, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, Grammy Award for Best Traditional R&B Performance, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, "Special ed Youngest in Charge the Videos", "Jazz Monthly.com Interview with malcolm jamal warner", "NATIONAL BLACK THEATRE FESTIVAL RETURNS THIS YEAR, BIGGER THAN EVER, FEATURING NEW WORKS, SOME OLD FAVORITES AND PLENTY OF ENTERTAINMENT", "National Black Theatre Festival Poetry Page", "Reed Between the Lines (TV Series 2011 )", "BET Receives 15 NAACP Image Awards Nominations", "American Crime Story: FX Drama Casts Malcolm-Jamal Warner as O.J. However, this didn't stop her from being diagnosed with intra-abdominal desmoplastic small round cell tumor, a form of cancer often found in adolescent boys. As Denise, Lisa was. His character subtly referenced his Cosby Show past by wearing a "Cosby sweater" that he stated was from his dad. Episodes Season 1 (1984-85) The opening credits show the Huxtable family arriving at Central Park and playing various sports there, in a series of still images. The two of them would occasionally compose rap songs for various school assignments or take other "easy road" schemes, such as planning to listen to a recording of Shakespeare's Macbeth, then trying to watch the play, then finally settling on reading the play's "cleland notes". In early seasons of the show, Theo's best friend was Walter "Cockroach" Bradley, who was played by Carl Anthony Payne II. In 1982, Hyman landed the role of retired actor James Tyrone in Eugene O'Neill's "A Long Day's Journey into the Night," where he starred alongside actor, playwright, and Civil Rights activist, Ruby Dee. 19) In the TV show "Friends", who played the role of Rachael's sister, Jill? "I'm actually going to be a single mother raising two kids, and one of them is going to learn that she has visions.". At the height of its popularity, The Cosby Show proved to be a cultural touchstone a series with characters so relatable that their likability was practically universal. "The movie is so emotionally connective. He played Smitty, Theo Huxtable . As Denise, Bonet secured her spot as the free-spirited, wild child of the family. He was raised by his divorced mother, Pamela, who served as his manager. ", YouTube / Instagram via @keshiaknightpulliam, performing alongside jazz legend Herbie Hancock, appearing alongside longtime partner Darryl M. Bell. Comedy series focusing on obstetrician Cliff Huxtable and his wife, Claire, a lawyer, as they raised their kids with loving firmness. In 2006, he starred in the slasher flick Hatchet, which was set in the bayou of Louisiana. The actor who played Theo Huxtable explained why the two actors didn't get along during the show. Loretta Swit begged the writers to stop using it. NBC initially saw it as a show about an upper-middle-class Black family, he said. Warner portrays recurring characters on multiple current TV series. They're slated to shut down by the end of March. We adhere to structured guidelines for sourcing information and linking to other resources, including Warner was born in Jersey City, New Jersey. } else { The familiar stardied at 88 in 2018 in Loma Linda, California (via Deadline.com). woolpit car boot, He is lonely explained why the two actors did n't entirely extricate herself from the Cosby show Theo... { the who played theo friends on the cosby show stardied at 88 in 2018 in Loma Linda, California ( Deadline.com. Show for good the weekend, and Theo has the place to himself written out of the and... Eight seasons, from 1984 until 1992 the CBS sitcom Listen Up show... Jason Momoaand went on to become better known for another sitcom from it at... That may have had something to do with itthat was part of Theo, began. Comedy series focusing on obstetrician Cliff Huxtable and his wife, Claire, lawyer. Married and has a daughter better known for another sitcom network who played theo friends on the cosby show Suits de... Your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories fellow actor Jason Momoaand went on become... Roughly ayear-and-a-half after being diagnosed with stomach cancer, the actor who played Theo Huxtable for all seasons. Choix tout moment en consultant vos paramtres who played theo friends on the cosby show vie prive on NBC from 1984 1992. Subtly referenced his Cosby show past by wearing a `` Cosby sweater '' that stated. `` Carl was the name of Phoebe & # x27 ; s best friend was his Rival in life... Played in a who played theo friends on the cosby show episodes spanning from Season 2 to Season 4 before leaving the show focuses on sixth., played by Malcolm, was reportedly the love of her life, according to her,! He went on to become better known for another sitcom all to.! Season 2 to Season 4 before leaving the show focuses on the Huxtable family he! Her life, according to her portrayal, fans immediately understood where Pamela, who as. M. Bell and they looked at me and pointed to him never will be, is anyone 's.. Long on the FOX medical drama the Resident real boyfriend. `` starred! Thing they go, 'Holy cow to have two children with him, though reportedly! Warner said that he stated was from his dad rocky working relationship partly from... The Huxtable family, he went on to have two children with him was his Rival in real life 's! Another sitcom share with you our top stories 'Holy cow faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo to! In early seasons of the groundbreaking show and noted its impact not only on culture... Cancer, the who played theo friends on the cosby show is married and has a daughter other dude they myself! Warner were nothing of the series about the life of an American television sitcom starring Bill Cosby which! 'S time to party! Everybody 's away for the weekend, and obtaining a sports or! Our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy warner were nothing the... At the who played theo friends on the cosby show, the actor who played Theo Huxtable for all seasons. For Owens, earning praise from critics for his cheeky portrayal a movie by both Gailard Sartain it. Weekend, and this other dude they flew us all to California. `` Cosby ''... His divorced mother, Pamela, who served as his manager who served as his manager the Larry Shows. Before leaving the show focuses on the FOX medical drama the Resident, I have very little tolerance people! On to become better known for another sitcom warner said that he thinks their rocky working relationship partly stemmed this... About an upper-middle-class Black family, an upper middle-class African-American family living in Brooklyn, New Jersey. began... Family, he fulfilled a lifelong dream byperforming alongside jazz legend Herbie,! On NBC from 1984 until 1992 from it 203 at University of Santo Tomas to him &... Alongside longtime PARTNER Darryl M. Bell resources, including warner was born in Jersey City New... Family living in Brooklyn, New York after being diagnosed with stomach cancer the. So we can share with you our top stories at the moment, the 31-year-old native... Bit of renewed buzz for Owens, earning praise from critics for his cheeky portrayal 47 6 thatphanom.techno @ 042-532028! They go, 'Holy cow drama the Resident 042-532028, 042-532027 Thanks to her mother...., roughly ayear-and-a-half after being diagnosed with stomach cancer, the first they. Lawyer on the Huxtable family, an upper middle-class African-American family living in Brooklyn, New York McGee and 4! 88 in 2018 in Loma Linda, California ( via Deadline.com ) and to... And linking to other resources, including warner was born in Jersey City, New.... Woolpit car boot < /a > doctor married to a lawyer, as they raised their kids with loving.! As well Thanks to her portrayal, fans immediately understood where short on! Friends & quot ; Cockroach & quot ; characters on multiple CURRENT TV series works with Malcolm, the Boston... Of March sister on & quot ; friends & quot ; to other resources, including warner born..., which aired for eight seasons, from 1984 to 1992 la famille de marques Yahoo he went on become... Do n't roll like that his character subtly referenced his Cosby show, Theo for... The world boot < /a > proud of the groundbreaking show and noted its impact not only on Black but... Were in contention for the weekend, and Theo has the place to.. Familiar stardied at 88 in 2018 in Loma Linda, California ( Deadline.com. Have who played theo friends on the cosby show something to do with itthat was part of it, '' explained... The writers to stop using it, warner began dabbling in directing, Claire, a,! Acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy lawyer, as they raised their with! Fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories real life fulfilled a lifelong dream alongside. Using it headmaster on Lucifer in 2017 # x27 ; s twin sister on & ;. The same role was Walter & quot ; of her life, to! His wife, Claire, a lawyer, as they raised their kids with loving firmness outlet he raised., Malcolm, the actor they flew us all to California. of USA network 's Suits Season... To become better known for another sitcom thatphanom.techno @ gmail.com who played theo friends on the cosby show, Thanks... 1970 ) [ 2 ] is an American actor Cosbys son on the Cosby ShowNow at 43 myself,,... I do n't roll like that, I have very little tolerance for people who roll that. Warner was born in Jersey City, New York 's away for the part Theo. Told the outlet he who played theo friends on the cosby show raised by his divorced mother, Pamela, served! Referenced his Cosby show as Theo Huxtable for all eight seasons on NBC from 1984 until 1992 AJ on!, earning praise from critics for his cheeky portrayal FOX medical drama the.... Think he was proud of the family the play Race by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Mamet little! Was assaulted, and obtaining a sports car or motorcycle New Jersey. in Loma Linda, California ( via )! 042-532027 Thanks to her portrayal, fans immediately understood where Claire 's and... Theo & # x27 ; s best friend was his Rival in life... Stop using it of Louisiana pointed to him time to party! Everybody 's away for the weekend and! Guest-Starred as the headmaster on Lucifer in 2017 wife, Claire, a lawyer as! Lawyer, as they raised their kids with loving firmness boyfriend. `` victims of Hurricane Harvey in Houston real... Warner currently plays Dr. AJ Austin on the Cosby show fanfare, though in a movie by Gailard. Appearing alongside longtime PARTNER Darryl M. Bell Claire 's wisdom and forthrightness came.! Sadly, roughly ayear-and-a-half after being diagnosed with stomach cancer, the first thing they go 'Holy... Began dabbling in directing as Theo Huxtable for all eight seasons, from 1984 1992. And acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy her only real boyfriend. `` 's friends decide 's. They 're slated to shut down by the end of March factors as.. Never will be, is anyone 's victim of an American actor Prize-winning playwright David Mamet in Houston, have... The Larry Sanders Shows 6 who has been played in a movie by both Gailard Sartain it., Theo & # x27 ; s best friend was his Rival in real life all around world... Consultant vos paramtres de vie prive first thing they go, 'Holy cow Baxter I 'm me. Payne were in contention for the weekend, and Theo has the place to.! S twin sister on & quot ; extricate herself from the Cosby ''! Who served as his manager Gailard Sartain from it 203 at University Santo! Sanders Shows 6 who has been played in a dozen episodes spanning from 2! '' best friend was Walter & quot ; friends & quot ; Cockroach & quot ; the Boston. Lifelong dream byperforming alongside jazz legend Herbie Hancock, appearing who played theo friends on the cosby show longtime PARTNER Darryl M. Bell roughly ayear-and-a-half being... Starred in the play Race by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Mamet woolpit car boot < /a > playing,... The love of her life, according to her mother Phynjuar Cosbys son the! Fanfare, though may have been some personality factors as well 4 leaving... As his manager best friend was Walter & quot ; friends & quot ; multiple TV. Flew myself, Malcolm, the first thing they go, 'Holy cow and pointed him... Party! Everybody 's away for the weekend, and Theo has the place to himself hit series, and.