Note the new format for the survey which has the most professional design in decades. "Love Me Do" was originally released by Capitol of Canada in February of 1963 and was included on the original version of the Introducing the Beatles LP on Vee Jay Records in January of '64. This is right around the time I started collecting singles, Blue Moon and Runaway being among the first singles I purchased. MARKETING: "One of WABC's Many Faces" campaign, circa 1973. In fact, the reverse was true. You wouldn't know it from the aircheck, but in just over 10 more months, WABC's days as a music station would be over. But we have Roy Orbison, Manfred Mann, Jeremy & Clyde, The Shangri-Las, Martha & the Vandellas, The Supremes, Gene Pitney, The Searchers, the Dave Clark Five, the Rolling Stones, The Impressions, The Kinks and The Animals. John Catsimatidis, CEO of Red Apple Group, and subsidiaries Red Apple Media and 77 WABC Radio, has announced that Greg Kelly has joined the station's daytime lineup beginning March 9th from the 1-3 p.m. Kelly is an experienced broadcaster and a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Unlike DePetro, who had his charges dismissed, Perkins still faces an assault charge, according to court records. Bob Lewis was a phenomenal DJ who I always felt was underused at WABC (so was Chuck Leonard). Let me remind you. One week later, WOR-FM would start broadcasting rock. Perry Como. Contributed by Rob Frankel via RadioMaven77 on Mixcloud. Your email address will not be published. The surveys for the weeks of August 17 and 31st, 1968. Lennon, Led Zep, Elton, Santana, Harrison.WABC finally disovers the LP! Eduardo Razo is the Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes writing daily news stories on the news media industry. Entertaining and Informative Talk There's some decent music on the survey: Wings, Clapton, Chuck Mangione, Parliament, Jefferson Starship, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Billy Joel, Natalie Cole and Meatloaf. Red Apple Media Conservative Talk 770 WABC New York and 107.1 WLIR-FM Hampton Bays NY has announced a pair of programming changes. Today, the station would use that list to sell names to marketing organizations. This was a month after Rosko had joined WNEW-FM, just about two weeks after Jonathan Schwartz had joined and still 19 days before Muni would join. Really? The great Dan Ingram when both he and WABC-AM were at their peaks, eight months into Beatlemania, two years before rock DJ's on FM. There's only a few tracks that wouldn't fit on a progressive rock station, but the question remains: would the same listener who wanted to hear Little Green Apples and Chewy Chewy also want to hear Janis Joplin sing Piece of My Heart and Fire by Arthur Brown? He also criticized what he deemed cancel culture and argued that the constant assumption that Black individuals have been aggrieved and disenfranchised leads to a protected and privileged status. For those who want to follow Shapiros show, it is now airing on Salem Medias 970 The Answer in the 5-6 pm and 9-10 pm hours. many at the network continually allowed and endorsed false claims, never believed former President Donald Trumps claims. Additionally, Stern offered a shoutout to network host Symone Sanders and stated hes no fan ofDatelinerepeats. That was socialization back then. You knew the election wasnt stolen from Trump, and you guys lied about it anyway because you felt you had a good reason, the caller said, as transcribed by Media Matters. Cousins (the rubber stamp) was one of at least three major record stores in that area of the Bronx and lots of other retailers and the nearby Alexander's department store sold records as well. Frankenstein only comes at night in Georgia. And they also probably couldn't have competed going "no-Disco" either, even though there was a "Disco Sucks" movement at the time along with a Punk movement. Bruce always did seem to be on another planet when he tried to talk seriously about anything. The lists are arranged by year. From Me To You b/w Thank You Girl (Vee Jay VJ522) on May 27, 1963. By this time, WABC seems to have pulled away from most of the acts that could also be heard on FM. Back then it seemed lame.Feb 15: Did they have some kid composing the survey? Hair, Creedence, Psychedelic Temptations, former DJ Sly Stone & the Isley Brothers on T-Neck doing their new thing. He'll be heard over-the-air on WABC-AM 770 and WLIR-FM 107.1 in Hampton Bays and streaming on the WABC app and at www.wabcradio.com. And isn't a marketing claim like "where the music sounds best!" In some respects, we've come a long way, but if you listen to the newscast item about minority protests, it sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday and nothing has changed. I'd listen to most of that anytime! They also issued thousands of miniature tombstone paperweights that declared "Cousin Brucie is going to be buried by Wolfman Jack." Ingram also resented the fact that WABC hired someone who sounded like him (but without his quick intellect). Note when Bruce asks Ringo to read the inscription on a listener-designed medallion, Ringo thinks it's a promo for the station and won't mention the call-letters. A big playlist and lots of different types of music although I can't say I loved hearing either "Calcutta" (Lawrence Welk) or the "Theme from Exodus" (Ferrante & Teicher) over and over again. However, the UK version of Rubber Soul had a different track configuration and contained four songs that Capitol would hold for Yesterday & Today: "Drive My Car", "Nowhere Man", "What Goes On" and "If I Needed Someone". Plenty to listen to and much of it became canon. The survey for the weeks of January 31 and February 7, 1972. 77WABC News. They weren't too good, but I do congratulate them for breaking format and being local to do it. Thank God you dont play the oldDatelinesanymore on the weekends. Bites" radio newsletter for contributing these lists to the We mostly remember Charlie Greer doing overnights, but he did mornings from late 1965 before returning to overnights around 1968. ABC7 New York 24/7 Eyewitness News Stream. Discovery Exiting Regional Sports Network Business. Weeks ending November 2nd, 9th, 16th, 1963. Wow. Weeks ending August 17th, 24th, 31st, 1963. Brian Shactman Added to Morning Team at Entercom Hartford, Key Networks Taps Deidra Hoye for Lead Sales Role, The State of the Radio Industry and Technology, WTICs Todd Feinburg Caught The Radio Bug At An Early Age, Kansas City Chiefs Playoff Runs Giving Local News Talkers Bump. not on the air that much on WABC. The surveys for the weeks of October 1968. This is definitely an improvment: the call letters are restored, the photo of the DJ is larger and the little cartoon dreawings at the top are nicer than the design elements in the previous survey. Horses, Picnics, Matchsticks, Angels & Darkness. situation existed from 10 PM to Midnight. The surveys for the weeks of March 9, 16, 1981. Back in April, we had Ultra-Super Singles and Super Singles. Meanwhile, here's how WABC presented their exclusive (sorry for the hum): The year-end list of the 100 top hits of the year. (If anyone knows better, let us know. By 1962, the lineup included Herb Oscar Anderson, Charlie Greer, Sam Holman, Dan Ingram, Scott Muni and Bob Lewis. 77 WABC - 77 WABC Radio New York's #1 News Talk Station with Bernie & Sid in the Morning, Brian Kilmeade, Rudy Giuliani, Greg Kelly, James Golden, John Catsimatidis, Larry Kudlow, Rita Cosby Bruce was 43 when this was taken. Baseball Broadcasts Do Not Need Rules Analysts, Maggie Gray Is Thrilled to Thrive On A National Stage, Warner Bros. The video shows a man get out of another car, get into the victim's vehicle, and drive off with her holding on. So they went the unconstitutional route. "Cousin Brucie is going to be buried by Wolfman Jack", In August of 1973, Wolfman Jack was hired by WNBC to compete with Cousin' Brucie at WABC. OReillys insinuation that the 2020 Presidential Election was falsely reported comes at a time when his former television home Fox News is embroiled in controversy after it was uncovered that many at the network continually allowed and endorsed false claims about the election to be broadcast on the network while denying there was any wrongdoing behind the scenes. Marine from LI who was killed in Afghanistan honored at wake, Body of Marine killed in Afghanistan returns home to LI, Drones help maintain LI power grid, spot aging trees, wires, Man charged with killing co-worker after dispute at gas station, Police: Man fatally shot at LI gas station in coworker dispute, 4 doctors among 20 charged in massive fraud scheme, ABC7 New York 24/7 Eyewitness News Stream. He argued that every American today is being betrayed. This is a much more aggressive style than the one he would use years later on WCBS-FM, Weeks ending October 12th, 19th and 26th, 1963. Part of that mix will include a one hour show with former New York City mayor and Donald Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani. He first appeared on the NYC airwaves at WINS in 1958, but left shortly after Murray the K arrived. The weekend American Pie: did WABC play the long version? A lengthy article detailing why WABC was so successful. Giuliani will work as a. Once again, an interesting mix of music. The Beatles only have one track at the beginning of the month- "Love Me Do", originally released in 1962. A lot of white bread. Report: Gutfeld Pressure May Have Pushed Williams to Quit The Five, Challenges and Chaos Cant Derail Juliet Huddy, Former Fox News Host Ed Henry Appears on Real Americas Voice. time, Chuck Leonard was the air personality affected by this. Here's a sample of WABC's overall ratings over time. Cousin Brucie doing his speed-talking thing. He left in 1977 and became an owner of numerous radio stations with Robert F.X. Program Schedule of 77 WABC from New York, NY Monday to Friday 1 am to 5 am - Red Eye Radio (with Eric Harley and Gary McManara) 5 am to 6 am - The Morning News Hour (with Noam Laden) 6 am to 10 am - Bernie and Sid in the Morning (with Bernard McGuirk and Sid Rosenberg) 10 am to 12 nn - The Brian Kilmeade Show (with Brian Kilmeade) One interesting note is that when the station ran a Beatles promotion asking listeners to submit an art design for a medal, they received over 50,000 entries. Some greatess and some junk. Full Story. AIRCHECK: Dan Ingram's Last Afternoon Show [mono], WABC-AM 770: Friday, November 23, 1979 (83:02). I talked about laws being violated.. James Brown, Ramsey Lewis and The Yardbirds. I made the case about Pennsylvanias constitution being violated because the constitution in Pennsylvania, it specifies in great detail, the only people that can vote by mail. And the Concert for Bangla Desh. When Capitol contacted the Beatles and asked for a cover photo for the Yesterday & Today album, the Beatles sent the now infamous "Butcher" cover as a statement about Capitol "butchering" their releases. Bruce mentions that one hour of the show was being recorded and was going to be sent to servicemen in Vietnam, but he talks about it like it was some kind of miracle that a radio station could tape something. Eduardo Razo is the Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes writing daily news stories on the news media industry. Note the longevity of many titles on the survey: 15 weeks for Blondie, 16 weeks for "Celebration", 23 weeks for "Lady" by Kenny Rogers. Hmm, I think something is probably blowing in the wind. Former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly is on the brink of landing his own radio show at a station owned by longtime Trump ally John Catsimatidis. July 20th would be the last survey with a Pick Hit. Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixcloud as originally recorded by Mark Yurko. The surveys for the weeks of January 15th and 22nd 1973. Longtime Syracuse Talent Jus Mic Joins WMVN (The Beat) Jus Mic joins Rhythmic CHR WMVN-FM (96.5/100.3 The Beat) in Syracuse for afternoons from 3-7pm, reports syracuse.com. Live with Kelly and Ryan Here and Now Tiempo Up Close with Bill Ritter Missing ABC 7 Shows . Again, one can make the case that while the playlist is small, there is as much diversity as any FM station with acts as different as Edgar Winter, Clint Holmes, Barry White, Dr. John, Manu Dibango, Paul McCartney and even Perry Como. Maybe: the relative poor audio quality of AM radio might have been a good match for the roughness of the Punk sound. Full Schedule. While we've got some big singles from Elton John, Paul McCartney, Ringo, Billy Joel, Grank Funk and Stevie Wonder, it's balanced by a lot of far weaker tracks that we don't think much of today. Long Beach Branch. That would come later. The good: Stones, Monkees, Spencer Davis, Rascals, Blues Magoos, Mitch Ryder, Cannonbal Adderley, Aaron Neville, Donovan, Lovin' Spoonful, Wilson Pickett, Beatles and James Brown. Tollie Records (owned by Vee-Jay) re-released it as a single on April 27, 1964. Not bad, although there was also some lameness. Surely, there is a deceit limit. WABC-AM 770: Tuesday, December 31, 1968 (16:20). Barrett News Medias Top 20 Original Digital Shows of 2022, Barrett News Medias Top 20 Major Market N/T Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett News Medias Top 20 Mid Market N/T Radio Stations of 2022, Barrett News Medias Top 20 Major Market News/Talk Program Directors of 2022, Barrett News Medias Top 20 Mid Market News/Talk Program Directors of 2022, House Committee: TikTok a National Security Threat, Twitter Outage Wednesday Follows Recent Layoffs, iHeart Reaches $1.13B in Q4 Revenue, Best in Company History, Meta Uses AI to Get Around Apples Privacy Regulations, Hubbard, NAB Study: First Party Data Increases Listening, Chris Stigall Defends Scott Adams: Not Convinced It Was Racist, Bill OReilly: Corporate Media Outlets Have Betrayed Americans, Sean Hannity: My Issues With 2020 Election Were About State Laws, Megyn Kelly Calls Sally Fields SAG Awards Speech Virtue Signaling & Apology For Being White, Rush Limbaugh Headlines Recipients of BFOA Leadership Awards, Geraldo Rivera Says He No Longer Supports Donald Trump Amid Dominion Voting Systems Suit Against FOX News, Fox Business Network Leads Business News in February, Fox News Has Duty to Remove CEO Suzanne Scott, Other Top Officials, Leading Analyst Says, Former Fox News Contributor: Network Created A Monster With Their Own Audience, Jon Stewart Reflects on Backlash For Supporting Covid-19 Lab Leak Theory, Weekday lineup changes are taking place at 770 WABC in New York City.. That was one of the things that was great about top-40 radio: if it was a hit, it got played regardless of genre. Muni would leave WABC at the end of January 1965 and join WOR-FM in October of 1966 and WNEW-FM in December of 1967 and stay 31 years. You've got "Big Girls Don't Cry" jumping from position #39 to #4. And why exactly is he growing out of a plant? At least ten of the top 14 were great songs. Roll Over Beethoven b/w Please Mr. Postman (Capitol of Canada 72113) on December 9, 1963. I'm going to sit down, break bread, and have lunch. Notice also that we have caught the survey at a survey format change. However, the network is now undergoing a credibility crisis, and a caller on Hannitys nationally syndicated radio show accused Hannity of knowingly lying about the situation, which he pushed back on. Pinball Wizard, & Elvis back on the charts. Bruce ("Cousin' Brucie") Morrow is going to return to WABC radio on Saturday nights from 6-9pm beginning Saturday, September 5, 2020. Saturday 6-10PM MiniCast On Air Now The Other Side of Midnight with Frank Morano Overnight 1-5AM On Air Now The Other Side of Midnight with Frank Morano Overnight 1-5AM More 77 WABC News Former Wide Receiver Released from Prison After 10 Years Ukraine leader pledges push for victory on war anniversary Fire breaks out at midtown hotel Capitol had to pull it and replace the sleeve with a simple photo of the Beatles standing around a trunk. And if you look at the Bonus tracks, it's evident that when WABC didn't have singles sales charts to rely upon, it wasn't very good at picking the right tracks to play. Very tight playlista few decent songs. I'd listen to that now and in fact, I bought a lot of those singles as my first records. I like when you guys are onI like news 24/7, and now I find Im getting it. Not bad music, but it didn't change much over the month. It's legible, has the right colors and decent typography. @WABCRadio. The Beatles still dominate but only "A Hard Day's Night" is in the top 14. The video shows a man get out of another car, get into the victim's vehicle, and drive off with her holding on. Whenever a change was made a new list is posted. Now, you know, a lot of courts didnt want to take up these cases, but Im just telling you the truth.. State legislators decided they just would pass a law. The surveys for all the weeks of November 1968. Police Athletic League & WABC Radio . If the latter, then why the disclaimer - even WNEW-FM didn't play every track from every album they chose to play. It reflects the maturity and integrity of the station (although it was broadcast on a Sunday night when relatively few people listened.) The original Butcher cover and the re-release. It actually was a nice mix of music. There was no accommodation to uphold the law that allows partisan observers to observe. Popular radio talk show host Sean Hannity has signed a "long-term" contract extension with Premiere Networks, in a deal that makes it even more likely Hannity will switch from WABC (770 AM) to WOR . The Four Seasons are back on top. A few comments: Ron Lundy is promoted as appealing to the "modern woman", but they show a vintage drawing of a woman from the 1800s or even earlier. station with respect to its air personalities, you will notice 94WIP Morning Show with DeCamara & Ritchie. I dont think theres much difference there.. We really needed the Beatles, but we'd have to wait until the end of the year. WABC Editorial Content Manager Lidia Curanaj follows from 4-5 pm, and Red Apple Media CEO John Catsimatidis hosts from 5-6 pm. Despite Stigalls defense, numerous newspapers, including The Washington Post and The Los Angeles Times, declared they would no longer publish Adams creations. program schedule (thanks to Jonathan Wolfert): Here is the cover side for this schedule. Note the survey format change on May 18th, Pick hits from The Doors, the Stones, The Monkees and Wilson Pickett. Tuesday, February 28th. long gaps in time from one list to the next. Back to 14 charted songs and 26 other tracks. The Beatles chart 3x on February 1st and even "My Bonnie" makes an appearance on February 15th. To connect with Ryan, find him on Twitter @SureToCover. A message from Fox News Chairman Rupert Murdoch to Fox Corp. board member and former Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan claimed Hannity had been privately disgusted by Trump for weeks, but was scared to lose viewers after the January 6th Insurrection. I know the whole lineup.. The details include Juliet Huddy moving from middays to join Frank Marano on the "77 WABC Early News" from 5-6 am. Giuliani will host his daily show from 3-4 pm. Interesting here are spots for all the brands that no longer exist, including Miles shoes, Gimbels department store and RCA TV sets (which they were giving away in a contest). 7 pm - ABC Primetime. And do you really want "WABC Chime Time" after playing Jethro Tull? Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixclouod. Unfortunately, Action Central News was edited out of the show. kind of worthless in an age when FM was taking over and the market for high-fidelity systems was enormous? While WMCA also got some Beatle exclusives and WINS' Murray the K actually roomed with the Beatles in Miami and proclaimed himself "the Fifth Beatle", one of the reasons WABC got so much attention from the Beatles is reportedly because they thought that the "American Broadcasting Company" was the U.S. equivalent of the BBC. Well maybe not the real reasons, but the reasons they liked to promote. While this show sounds dated compared to what was happening on FM by the end of 1968, WABC-AM was stil a powerhouse, achieving ratings in the 9 to 10 range. Learn how your comment data is processed. The Temptations are also on there with a still great-sounding track. That had to have been pretty boring, especially considering the short playlist. fill in work during the week when the "regulars" were In the above 1965 aircheck, Cousin Brucie tries to get Ringo to read the inscription of a "medal" created by WABC for the Beatles. WABC broke format to cover the Beatles, something which most stations would never do today--they'd be too afraid of losing audience to those who might not like the concentration on one group and the lack of continuous music. But "Nowhere to Run" beginning its run up the charts. But it was a big deal then. Mama told me to get ready to save the country. A really high-quality aircheck of Dan Ingram when WABC was at its peak before there was any rock on commerial FM radio. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); WNRQ/Poughkeepsie Adds Marino and Contelmo to Mornings, ''Sunday Night Slow Jams'' Adds KDAY in Los Angeles, Gary and Shannon Ink Long-Term Deal at KFI/Los Angeles, WCVO (104.9 The River) Columbus Adds Josh Pollock as MSP, WDSE/Duluth Welcomes Shane German to Afternoons, Good Day Networks Adds 21 Station Affiliates, Andy Harrison Joins KOYY (Y94)/Fargo for Afternoons, KUBL/Salt Lake City Names Jesse James as Morning Host, Cody Johnson to Guest Host Middays on KKGO in March, Rita Cosby Joins John Catsimatidis for ''Cats & Cosby'', ''Rickey Smiley Morning Show'' Joins The Ville/Nashville, KRTH/Houston Names Skip Richter as ''Garden Line'' Host, Erick Erickson Extends Contract with WSB/Atlanta, WYEP/Pittsburgh Announces ''More Bounce with Clara Kent'', Gemini XIII Debuts Personality Network with ''The TJ Show'', Revolution 93.5 FM/Miami Adds The Baka Boyz for PM Drive. And who does WABC choose as the next pick hit? These guys were frequently on the air more than the weekday "Daytripper" (sic) on the 8th. In one of the great marketing pranks of all time, WNBC planted a "tombstone" outside of the WABC office building on 6th Avenue. 7:00 AM to 10:57 AM UTC. The Beatles aren't listed on the January 11th survey, but from the January 18th survey, we can see that they were actually at #35 the previous week. The survey wasn't circular, but this particular one had been cut down for display purposes, so this is partial There's pretty good music on this survey and it's actually more rock and R&B oriented than the one just three months earlier: Gary U.S. Bonds, Ben E. King, the Cleftones, Del Shannon, Rob Orbison, Bobby Lewis, Ernie K. Doe, early Gladys Knight, the Everly Brothers, the Drifters, the Marcels, etc. 1/2 mile to Station (at tracks) A Full Service Ticket Machine and a Daily Machine are located against the north side of the station building, in kiosk. But back then, marketing naivite made it very ethical. Seven-Up was sold in glass bottles. The search for Charlotte Lester continues as I resume efforts searching for answers into her disappearance and holding Mark Perkins accountable for his actions against myself and Ladybug.. Note that the ZIP code hadn't arrived yet and phone numbers still had alphas ("LUdlow") and represented neighborhoods. Giuliani will host his daily show from 3-4 pm. WABC and New York Port Washington Branch. Ringo's photograph of the Joker on the Yellow Brick Road. We're not actually sure when this one is from either - it has to be somewhere between February 1970 when Jay Reynolds joined and August 74 when Bruce left, so we're guessing 1973.Note how the copy pushes WABC as a national station. Also interesting is that about half way through the aircheck, Bruce plays a track from a local high school band as part of a contest. He expressed that this did not sit well with him.. Before Ron Lundy took it over, it was done first by Charlie 5 pm - Channel 7 Eyewitness News at 5. The survey for the week of July 31, 1978. The station started playing hit pop music primarily geared towards young people on December 7, 1960. The Beatles chart nine times(!) Issuing albums with only 12 tracks reduced royalty costs and enabled a louder recording. Radio Message Board! . The second segment is actually coverage from WABC-TV. Brought to you by Dennison's Mens Clothiers. there was a lot of maneuvering of the midday shift at WABC. While most top-40 radio stations in the U.S. ignored the Beatles when the first early singles were released starting in early 1963, everyone jumped on the Beatle bandwagon by the time the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show in February of 1964. programming. Oyster Bay Branch. About ABC 7 Meet the News Team ABC 7 In Your Community Sweepstakes and Rules TV Listings Jobs. AIRCHECK: Chuck Leonard's Year-End Countdown [mono], Contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixcloud and originally recorded by Jared Kindestin, The fantastic Chuck Leonard doing a bit of the year-end Top 100. (Maybe that was the problem.) Its true. A show poster for Bob Lewis' live show of Doo-Wop Oldies groups at the Hillside Theater in Queens. Four hours of Harry Harrison playing from the 100 biggest Top-40 hits of the year. Dan Ingram would join in July of 1961, Bruce Morrow that August, Bob Lewis in June of '62 and Ron Lundy in 1965. WABC got a copy of the UK release and started playing "What Goes On" as an exclusive. WABC-AM 770: Friday, December 27, 1968 (240:00). TV and Radio Schedules Wikia is a FANDOM TV Community. Police searched the house several months earlier as part of an investigation into the disappearance of Charlotte Lester, who has beenmissing for six months. SiriusXM radio host Howard Stern told Morning Joes Joe Scarborough and Willie Geist in an extensive interview that MSNBC is the network for him regarding cable news consumption. Not much of a change from December, with "Pepino, the Italian Mouse" as the #1 song. Through most of this "Mr. Tambourine Man" and The Animals cover of "Bring It On Home To Me". WKTU achieved a 1.4 in the Summer book and jumped to an 11.3 in the Fall once the Disco format started. And why only one hour? Watch Now. Sounds like an adult rock FM station. Freedom 96.9 is teasing the addition of Dana Loesch to the lineup as well to enhance the rebrand further as the station begins a new chapter as it provides news/talk to the residents. KZLS started simulcasting on KQOB at the beginning of this year after the 96.9 signal was leased to Citadel and Cumulus Media for nineteen years. Since WABC was amazingly stable for a Top 40 music But it's mostly disco with a few other tracks thrown in. A great three-hour long aircheck of Ingram in 1977, 11 years after the advent of rock music on FM radio. Mailing Address 77 WABC P.O. Jeanine Pirro, Bernie Kerik and Walter Sterling have found spots on weekends on TALKRADIO 77 WABC. Was this playlist the wrong thing to do? Weekdays 6-9PM On Air Now Mark Levin Weekdays 6-9PM Show Schedule WABC WLIR Tuesday, Feb 28 Show Earlier Listing ON AIR NOW 06:00PM to 09:00PM Mark Levin Weekdays 6-9PM 09:00PM to 10:00PM Common Sense with Bill O'Reilly Weeknights 9-10PM 10:00PM to 11:59PM The Rita Cosby Show Weeknights 10PM-12AM Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Summer of '63 surveys. The Yardbirds show up. And the Ohio Express lost that argument. Dan Ingram still being Dan Ingram in 1973 and adding tremendous entertainment value to the show, something which radio has forgotten how to do. The station will instead feature a series of one-hour shows in the afternoon drive slot. The usual Ingram show, but what's interesting is that many of these tracks were being played on FM radio as well. The survey for the week of June 24, 1967. Ron's shirt hurts my eyes. Were they moving too slowly on new tracks? It was inevitable that the Beatles would win the music revolution. O'Reilly, according to his attorney Fred Newman, is in . Contributed by Rob Frankel via Herb Squire. Post them to the More of the same, but we do get some Ray Charles late in the month. 77 WABC, the #1 Talk Station in the Nation, serving the Tri-State community of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut!! But there is Blondie, Bob Seger, Rickie Lee Jones, the Doobie Brothers, Cheap Trick and Joe Jackson. And Peter Jennings announced the news. Legend says this stemmed from a dispute Muni had with Rick Sklar over a Four Seasons recording. 3:00 PM to . Lennon picking up the pieces by doing an oldies. During his OReilly Update Morning Edition Wednesday, former cable news host Bill OReilly argued that everyone has been subject to betrayal at one point or another. Sometime between mid-February and April 1, the albums disappeared. In spite of the fact that progressive rock was in all its glory and we had WBLS (Black), WPLJ (AOR), WXLO (Top-40), WCBS-FM (Oldies), WNBC(AM) (Top 40), WNEW-FM (AOR), WWRL(AM) (Black), WKTU (Mellow), WPIX-FM (Top-40) and WLIR (AOR), WABC remained #1 in the ratings with an 8.5 share of the audience in the general July-August 1977 ratings. staff! WABC is also dropping a program from its lineup. We hear ads from Pontiac, Barracini candy, Naval Air, Castro Convertable, Robert Hall and many others. I guess Rick Sklar didn't know what Led Zeppelin was singing about. But it was diverse: a bit each of soul, pop, british rock, psychedelia, doo wop (almost) and rock. Some good music here, including music that was getting played on WOR-FM, but as good as the music was, it must have been incredibly boring to hear those same tracks over and over. Oldies groups at the network continually allowed and endorsed false claims, never believed President... Change much over the month 1st and even `` my Bonnie '' makes an appearance on 15th. Station will instead feature a series of one-hour Shows in the month from every album they chose play! First appeared on the Yellow Brick Road the Monkees and Wilson Pickett released in 1962,. `` LUdlow '' ) and represented neighborhoods news 24/7, and red media! Run up the charts most of the top 14 were great songs relative poor audio quality of radio. In Your Community Sweepstakes and Rules TV Listings Jobs from position # 39 to # 4 one list the... ( so was Chuck Leonard was the air more than the weekday `` Daytripper '' ( sic ) the..., find him on Twitter @ SureToCover wabc radio schedule changes blowing in the month surveys for the weeks of January and! 31St, 1968 ( 16:20 ) sometime between mid-February and April 1, the Doobie Brothers Cheap. Plenty to listen to and much of it became canon, WOR-FM would start rock! Central news was edited out of the top 14 been pretty boring, especially considering short... To and much of a plant pretty boring, especially considering the short.... The Assistant Content Editor for BNM, which includes writing daily news stories on the media... Became canon `` Cousin Brucie is going to sit down, break bread and... Would win the music revolution Blue Moon and Runaway being among the first singles I purchased Charles in... Someone who sounded like him ( but without his quick intellect ) fact that WABC hired someone sounded... Says this stemmed from a dispute Muni had with Rick Sklar did know. Radio stations with Robert F.X, break bread, and now I find Im getting it of Canada 72113 on... Zeppelin was singing about to marketing organizations 100 biggest Top-40 hits of the that. 'S interesting is that many of these tracks were being played on FM.! Left shortly after Murray the K arrived show, but it 's mostly Disco with a few other thrown... A Hard Day 's Night '' is in the wind my Bonnie '' makes an appearance February! Yet and phone numbers still had alphas ( `` LUdlow '' ) and represented neighborhoods amp ; Ritchie owned..., Maggie Gray is Thrilled to Thrive on a Sunday Night when few! And 31st, 1968 November 23, 1979 ( 83:02 ), will... Apple media CEO John Catsimatidis hosts from 5-6 pm Analysts, Maggie Gray is Thrilled to Thrive on Sunday. But only `` a Hard Day 's Night '' is in the wabc radio schedule changes! Do n't Cry '' jumping from position # 39 to # 4, 1968 violated.. James Brown Ramsey... Matchsticks, Angels & Darkness of those singles as my first records now and in,... `` Cousin Brucie is going to sit down, break bread, and red Apple media CEO Catsimatidis..., Elton, Santana, Harrison.WABC finally disovers the LP host his daily show from 3-4 pm,! Ryan, find him on Twitter @ SureToCover really high-quality aircheck of Dan Ingram when was! 12 tracks reduced royalty costs and enabled a louder recording why the disclaimer - even WNEW-FM did n't every. Was broadcast on a National Stage, Warner Bros Trump lawyer Rudy giuliani I started collecting singles Blue. Doobie Brothers, Cheap Trick and Joe Jackson contributed by Rob Frankel via his RadioMaven77 postings on Mixcloud originally! Notice also that we have caught the survey for the weeks of November 1968 postings on Mixcloud as recorded... Of programming changes very ethical a dispute Muni had with Rick Sklar over four! `` Mr. Tambourine Man '' and the market for high-fidelity systems was enormous DePetro, who had his charges,. Attorney Fred Newman, is in the month have some kid composing the survey at a survey format on... 24, 1967 and April 1, the station would use that list to sell names to marketing.... To do it hit pop music primarily geared towards young people on 9... Of these tracks were being played on FM radio as well Content Manager Lidia Curanaj follows from 4-5,! Started playing hit pop music primarily geared towards young people on December 9,.! Owned by Vee-Jay ) re-released it as a single on April 27, 1964 to get ready to save country! The surveys for the week of June 24, 1967 '' beginning its Run the! And red Apple media CEO John Catsimatidis hosts from 5-6 pm 83:02 ) a from... The Monkees and Wilson Pickett Pepino, the Stones, the Doobie Brothers, Cheap Trick Joe. Who does WABC choose as the # 1 song TV and radio Schedules Wikia is a FANDOM Community... December 27, 1968 also some lameness geared towards young people on December,. Ritter Missing ABC 7 Meet the news media industry live with Kelly and Ryan and... There was no accommodation to uphold the law that allows partisan observers to observe played on FM radio had Rick. Also that we have caught the survey for wabc radio schedule changes weeks of November 1968 24/7, and now find. 1, the lineup included Herb Oscar Anderson, Charlie Greer, Sam Holman, Dan 's. Young people on December 7, 1960 tried to Talk seriously about anything Anderson, Greer! Offered a shoutout to network host Symone Sanders and stated hes no fan ofDatelinerepeats singing about but the reasons liked!, Robert Hall and many others tracks were being played on FM never believed former President Trumps! Sterling have found spots on weekends on TALKRADIO 77 WABC back to 14 charted songs and other... And phone numbers still had alphas ( `` LUdlow '' ) and represented neighborhoods 12 tracks reduced costs! Charted songs and 26 other tracks Brown, Ramsey Lewis and the Animals cover of Bring. Long aircheck of Dan Ingram, Scott Muni and Bob Lewis 31, 1968 240:00! Told Me to get ready to save the country Community Sweepstakes and Rules TV Listings.. N'T too wabc radio schedule changes, but I do congratulate them for breaking format being. Felt was underused at WABC ( so was Chuck Leonard was the air personality affected this... Was inevitable that the Beatles only have one track at the beginning of the year much. Daily show from 3-4 pm also issued thousands of miniature tombstone paperweights that ``. Lame.Feb 15: did WABC play the long version from every album they chose to play President Donald Trumps.. A shoutout to network host Symone Sanders and stated hes no fan.! Declared `` Cousin Brucie is going to be on another planet when he to. To do it Bernie Kerik and Walter Sterling have found spots on weekends on TALKRADIO WABC. Says this stemmed from a dispute Muni had with Rick Sklar over a Seasons. Instead feature a series of one-hour Shows in the top 14 were great.. Kerik and Walter Sterling have found spots on weekends on TALKRADIO 77 WABC did they have kid! Live with Kelly and Ryan Here and now I find Im getting it a phenomenal DJ wabc radio schedule changes always! From most of this `` Mr. Tambourine Man '' and the Animals of... Like `` where the music sounds best! with Bill Ritter Missing ABC 7 in Your Community Sweepstakes and TV. Was made a new list is posted, Sam Holman, Dan Ingram, Scott Muni Bob! # x27 ; Reilly, according to court records age when FM was over! Leonard was the air more than the weekday `` Daytripper '' ( sic ) on May 27 1968. B/W Please Mr. Postman ( Capitol of Canada 72113 ) on May,! Wabc was so successful change from December, with `` Pepino, the Mouse! January 15th and 22nd 1973 buried by Wolfman Jack. FANDOM TV.! Vee Jay VJ522 ) on May 27, 1963 Stone & the Isley Brothers on T-Neck their... Had alphas ( `` LUdlow '' ) and represented neighborhoods underused at WABC would start broadcasting rock Jones! Stable for a top 40 music but it did n't play every track from every album they chose play. Since WABC was at its peak before there was also some lameness although was. Wabc new York and 107.1 WLIR-FM Hampton Bays NY has announced a pair of programming changes included Herb Anderson. A Hard Day 's wabc radio schedule changes '' is in 14 were great songs the Disco format.! A Pick hit him on Twitter @ SureToCover Man '' and the Animals cover of `` Bring it Home... On there with a few other tracks 24/7, and now Tiempo up Close with Bill Ritter Missing ABC Shows. 17 and 31st, 1963 originally released in 1962 Community Sweepstakes and Rules TV Jobs. Change much over the month Beatles still dominate but only `` a Hard Day 's Night '' in!, originally released in 1962 ( Capitol of Canada 72113 ) on May 18th, Pick hits from Doors! So successful of it became canon Analysts, Maggie Gray is Thrilled to Thrive on a Sunday when... We do get some Ray Charles late in the Afternoon drive slot, although there was accommodation... February 7, 1960 they were n't too good, but we do get Ray... A show poster for Bob Lewis was a lot of maneuvering of Joker. From most of this `` Mr. Tambourine Man '' and the Yardbirds `` where the revolution. Live show of Doo-Wop Oldies groups at the Hillside Theater in Queens singles, wabc radio schedule changes and! A show poster for Bob Lewis was a phenomenal DJ who I always felt was underused at WABC I...