Meanwhile, in December, BBC reported that Bryant's mother, Sofia Laine, sued her for $5 million in back pay, claiming that she had been her daughter's assistant and nanny to her grandkids for years. Sofia lives in a gated community of Summit at Turtle Ridge in Irvine, Calif. In September, the basketball legends childhood home outside Philadelphia was reportedly put on the market for the first time in 12 years. Vanessa Bryant has settled a lawsuit filed against her by her mother, Sofia Urbieta Laine. According to court documents obtained by E! JoJo Romeo of Pacific Sothebys International Realty represented the buyer. However, they had a falling out, and Laine claimed Vanessa kicked her mother out of the home and demanded Laine return a car Vanessa had given her. This pain is unimaginable [but] you just have to get up and push forward, she told the outlet in March. On August 24, 2022, a federal jury awarded the widow $16million after a civil trial regarding gruesome photos taken and shared from the scene that left members of her family dead. }, Scroll down to see photos and videos from her home. | Source: Getty Images. My mother looks after her grandkids because she loves them. The couple met when Vanessa was a senior in high school. Copyright 2022 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. By registering to HELLO! In 2024, for their designated events, they are planning to have fewer, Has Aaron Rodgers made a decision about his future with the Green Bay Packers? In a podcast appearance this week, Heat big Bam Adebayo called himself the best defender in the NBA. I'm sorry for the loss of your husband and now this vindictive, spoiled, vile excuse of a so-called mother," one comment read. Vanessa told PEOPLE, My husband and daughter passed away unexpectedly and yet my mom has the audacity to do an interview on TV talking negatively about me while shedding tears about a car and home that wasnt in her name. Together with that, Vanessa also claimed that she was supporting her mother for the last two decades on top of a monthly alimony with the help of Kobe. script.onload = ShopifyBuyInit; Vanessa Bryant and her estranged mother, Sofia Urbieta Laine have settled their differences if not personally, then at least financially. A clay tile roof tops the brick-and-stucco exterior, and lush landscaping leads to the front door. That family no doubt included Vanessa's mother Sofia Laine, who shocked fans on Sept. 21, 2020, when she accused her daughter of kicking her out of the home Kobe and Vanessa once shared. He made $310,000 profit on Queensland home. }, @Kobebryant set the bar high. Her mother should be ashamed of herself! Has Aaron Rodgers made a decision about his future with Packers? All I wanted is what I worked for. } The shot showed that the handles on the lower cupboards are rectangle-shaped, as opposed to the button knobs on the top cupboards. No shame. Vanessa's mom, Sofia Laine, has filed a lawsuit against Kobe 's estate, claiming Kobe. Despite her mothers attempt to charge $200,000 ($96 an hour), as Vanessa mentioned in a statement, she settled as the case came to a close. Vanessa Bryant, the widow of the late, great Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant is currently in the midst of an ugly spat with her own mother. That was fast. "button": "Checkout" Appliances include a stainless steel range oven with a matching hood. TMZ reports Vanessa has settled with. Sofia with her daughter Vanessa. ", This comes as a surprise, especially considering a source close to the matter told Us Weekly that Laine was emotionally supportive of Vanessa and her daughters after Kobe's passing. "@media (min-width: 601px)": { After news circulated that the lawsuit between Vanessa and her mother had been settled, many took to social media to comment on the situation. options: { NBA Trade Rumors: Insider Believes Rift Between Anthony Davis and LeBron James Could Leave to DallasMavericksMove. I hope that everything that is coming out about our personal relationship ends here. For more details, review our, Vanessa kicked her mother out of the home, responded to her mother in a scathing statement, suing the helicopter company over the deaths, Patrick Cantlay shares why no-cut golf is a good thing. WATCH: Vanessa Bryant reveals Christmas tree inside family home - and it's a tribute to Kobe. Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce from her husband of 10 years in December 2011. According to the paper, the Irvine, Calif., house is listed at nearly $2 million and was purchased in 2013. 's newsletter, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted hellomagazine.com's privacy policy, the cookies policy, and the website terms of use, and that you consent to hellomagazine.com using your data according to the established laws. a fourth wrote. Vanessa Bryant and her estranged mother, Sofia Urbieta Laine have settled their differences if not personally, then at least financially. Giannis Antetokounmpo Injury Update: Will Giannis Play in the All-Star Game? Vanessa seems torn about it all, saying that "Now I see what is most important to my mother and it's more than painful. Los Angeles County agreed to pay Vanessa Bryant and three of her daughters $28.85 million to settle the invasion of privacy lawsuit Bryant filed in 2020 and any potential claims over the. Laine also claimed that Kobe vowed to financially support her for the rest of her life. Hanging overhead is a glass bubble light with a candle-style fitting. Vanessa Bryant is accused of kicking her mother out of the house following the death of Kobe Bryant.. Sofia Laine made the claim in an interview airing on Univision on Monday, alleging that the . Despite going through such a hard time, she shot right back at her mother. But two databases show the home as Laines current address. }); "margin-bottom": "50px" It is located a few miles from the Bryants main residence in Newport Coast. Vanessa had to deal with this controversy just a few months after her family members' funerals. Vanessa and Kobe previously owned a second home in Irvine, California, but according to the LA Times, Vanessa sold it in October 2020 for $2million, $5,000 over the asking price. "She has removed all her diamond jewelry, emptied the apartment I provided, and put away the furniture to make it look like she doesn't have my support. All registered. Recently, she used Instagram to share more photos and videos with her children. We believe that every person's story is important as it provides our community with an opportunity to feel a sense of belonging, share their hopes and dreams. The single-story residence is said to be located on a cul-de-sac inside the Summit at Turtle Ridge gated community, just a few miles from Vanessas primary residence in Newport Coast. Musks master plan for Tesla is built around sustainable energy economy, What to expect from Elon Musks third master Tesla plan, Drugmaker Eli Lilly to slash insulin prices, Stocks slip as stubborn inflation raises rate expectations. } The bond between Vanessa and Natalia Bryant is something extremely special. Before joining The Times as an intern in 2017, he wrote for the Columbia Missourian and Politico Europe. She has never once asked for money and if I ever give her anything she gives it back to my kids," a third commented. "@media (min-width: 601px)": { Vanessa was hopeful that the public airing of their issues would end after her public statement last month. "styles": { The best #GirlDad. ", "As of ten years ago, our kids were full time students and athletes and I didn't have another child until 2016. Vanessa and her three daughters continue to grieve the deaths of Kobe and Gigi, who died in a helicopter crash on January 26 in Calabasas, Calif. Vanessa is also suing the helicopter company over the deaths. The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors in September 2022 agreed to pay an additional $4.95 million to Chester, who lost his wife Sarah and 13-year-old daughter Payton in the helicopter crash. "Just like Daddy always ordered for them. Vanessa Bryant has settled the remaining claims against Los Angeles County for a total of $28.9 million which includes a previous jury verdict awarding her $15 million and it ends all . A pair of ivy-topped garages complete the cul-de-sac property. function loadScript() { Each testified to living in fear the photos may surface, despite the countys assertion the pictures had been destroyed. That's when Laine revealed how the events unfolded. News on Aug. 6, Sofia Urbieta, also known as Sofia Laine, has settled her. Vanessa Bryant alleged that her mother, Sofia Laine, was physically absent from her life after Kobe's death That started a frenzy in the media at the time, and the timing of it all could not be worse. Together with that, Sofia, 68, at the time, mentioned that the LA Lakers legend promised her financial compensation for her services for the rest of her life. "products": { MANORCO PVT LTD 2022 | All Rights Reserved. According to the Los Angeles Times, Laine filed a notice of unconditional settlement on Wednesday in Orange County Superior Court, with the expectation that the lawsuit would be dismissed in 45 days. Vanessa Bryant house: see where the late Kobe Bryant's wife lives in Newport with her three children Natalia, Bianka and Capri. Vanessa's mom, Sofia Laine, gave a tearful interview where she made the allegations against Kobe Bryant's widow. Vanessa had to deal with this controversy just a few months after her family members funerals. But what some might not be familiar with is that there was a huge controversy at the time, involving Vanessa and her mother. ", "She now wants to back charge me $96 per hour for supposedly working 12 hours a day for 18 years for watching her grandchildren," Vanessa said. The fact that expects retro pay tells me everything I need to know about her," a second added. Jordan Cohen of RE/MAX One held the listing. At the time, the source claimed Vanessa "is incredibly close to her mom and her mom has been her rock throughout the past few weeks." He also threw a little bit of shade at the Celtics, You can unsubscribe anytime. The flowers were displayed on a central island in the kitchen, with a white marble worktop and a silver tap. Bea is a freelance entertainment and human interest journalist. Per the Times, the Tuscan-style house covers at least 2,300 square feet and fits three bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. "This woman is a greedy, nasty, worthless excuse of a mother and grandmother. Through her recent updates, fans had a chance to see just how beautiful her house is. Apparently, it was the house her daughter Vanessa was selling. If you read between the lines in what he is saying, it seems like he has. Records showed that the pair first bought the property in 2013, and it is located just a few miles from Vanessa's main home in Newport. Vanessa, despite everything that I have been promised and done for her and the family, has attempted to sever all ties and renege on all obligations and agreements, she said in the filing. Laine is Vanessas mother. In fact, Vanessa Bryant recently took . This mansion has a more than 213 square meter ground floor area, covered with wooden staves and beams on its gabled roof. ", However, Vanessa said that's not the case. The databases could have outdated information, and Larry Brown Sports does not have intimate knowledge about who has been living in the home. Los Angeles County has agreed to pay Vanessa Bryant and her three daughters nearly $29 million to settle the lawsuit over the dissemination of graphic photos . A little over a year after the helicopter crash that killed her husband, Kobe Bryant, and 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, Vanessa Bryant has made the lawsuit she filed against the Los Angeles County . Vanessa Bryant is looking to sell one of her familys homes, though there is an interesting twist. "button": "Add to cart" So thats what I do.. Unfortunately, there is no information about Sofias childhood or education. She added, Contrary to previous reports, she has not been physically present or emotionally supportive for my daughters and me after my husband and daughter passed away.. "She told me, 'I need you to get out of this house,'" Laine cried. And, although recovery was undoubtedly an uphill battle, the source said, "Vanessa takes solace in the support of her mom and her sister [Sophie Laine], who are committed to seeing her through this." } ROOSEVELT A borough woman facing eviction who refused to leave her home drew a response from a State Police SWAT team before the home became engulfed in flames, a local official said. Simply the Worlds Most Interesting Travel Site, Vanessa Bryant Fans Furious As She Settles Lawsuit With Mother Sofia Laine, Twitter Is In Awe After Natalia Bryant Pays Tribute To Kobe Bryant For Her High School Graduation, Fans Cringe As Nike Exploits Gianna And Kobe Bryant, Everything Vanessa Bryant Has Been Up To Since The Tragic Passing Of Her Husband And Daughter. } script.src = scriptURL; Next:Everything Vanessa Bryant Has Been Up To Since The Tragic Passing Of Her Husband And Daughter. Inside Jimmy Carters house: Where does Jimmy Carter live now? "margin-bottom": "0px" "margin-left": "-20px" "My husband and I have supported her financially for the past 20 years, and continue to do so, in addition to her monthly alimony," she continued, adding that Laine's reported emotional support following the crash was a hoax. The Los Angeles Times' Jack Flemming reported on Wednesday that Bryant listed a home she and. When NBA legend Kobe Bryant passed away in a helicopter crash along with his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, and seven other passengers, fans stepped up in support of the basketball player's wife Vanessa Bryant. Bryant shared another video in January of her singing in a very nice bedroom with a large television. Though Vanessa has yet to comment publicly on the settlement and according to recent Instagram posts, is vacationing with her daughters in Capri, Italy, she did say to People magazine in an exclusive interview that her daughters give her the strength to go on. Kobe and Vanessa Bryant 's former investment home is up for sale once again, this time for $2.6 million. Who Is Keith Appling, Former NBA Player Accused of Second Degree Murder? Bryn Forbes Wife and Kids: Is Forbes Married? } 2. In an . Vanessa Bryant and her mother are not on as good terms as the public thought due to reports released claiming that Vanessa was leaning on her after losing her husband and daughter in a tragic plane crash. He and his wife, Vanessa, had four daughters: Natalia, Gianna, Bianka and Capri, who was born in June. This prompted Laine to file a lawsuit against her daughter! Vanessa shared a second image inside after receiving several boxes of donuts. Vanessa Bryant, the widow of Kobe Bryant, leaves a federal courthouse in Los Angeles, Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2022. Beyond, there are white glass-front kitchen cupboards with black handles, and the far worktops are black, in contrast to the island. This is sad and unfortunate - on many levels. "button": false, "styles": { Laine was also reportedly an overprotective mother, raising Vanessa and her sister on her own for some time, which makes their falling out all the more curious. "Four flower bouquets for Nani, Gigi, B.B and Koko," she captioned it. ShopifyBuyInit(); Bryant shared a short clip of herself putting on sneakers on Instagram while her youngest daughter, Capri, looked on in amazement. Less than a week after listing an Irvine investment home, Vanessa Bryant has sold it for $2 million or $5,000 over the asking price. TheGrio is now on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku. Vanessa Bryant has been dealing with more than just the emotional side of losing husband Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna in the January 2020 fatal helicopter crash she's been battling. Mira Hashmall, lead trial counsel for Los Angeles County, called the recent settlement with Bryant fair and reasonable.. Vanessa Bryant has reached a settlement in the case regarding her late husband Kobe Bryant's crash photos. The house is located a few miles from the Bryants main residence in Newport Coast. But she claimed at the time that her daughter and son-in-law were not obligated to support her, and that anything she had received from them was merely a gift. But getting out of bed and pushing forward is going to make the day better for my girls and for me. The Los Angeles Times Jack Flemming reported on Wednesday that Bryant listed a home she and her late husband Kobe purchased in 2013. "text": { Madonna before and after plastic surgery pictures, Inside Madonna house: Where does Madonna live? Sofia lives in a gated community of Summit at Turtle Ridge in Irvine, Calif. Laine, who Vanessa said still collects alimony from her ex-husband Stephen Laine, said that she was simply trying to have Vanessa honor the promises Kobe made. Who Is Bryn Forbes Girlfriend and What Does She Do? "I would never permit Vanessa to do such a thing. She also told me that she wanted her car and she wants it now.. "text": { The photos included not just wreckage of the helicopter but close-up images of the mangled bodies of those killed. (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(script); Bryant responded to her mother in a scathing statement. News, My mother is continuing to try and find ways to extort a financial windfall from our family. News on Aug. 6, Sofia Urbieta, also known as Sofia Laine, has settled her. Inside Gordon Ramsay's Luxurious Family Home That His Neighbors Called a 'Monstrosity', Inside Gwyneth Paltrow's Luxurious Modern Mansion Where She Proudly Raises Her 2 Look-alike Kids, Inside Bishop T D Jakes's $5,5M Home Where He Lives with His Wife of 39 Years, Mila Kunis & Ashton Kutcher Designed Farmhouse with 'Future of Their Family' in Mind Inside Their Home, Inside Sharon Stone's Sea Cliff Homes Where She Spent Time with Adopted Son despite Losing Custody of Him, Jenna Bush Hager's Long Island Dream Cottage That Reminded Her of Texas, Inside Mariska Hargitay's $8.7 Million NYC Home Where She Lives with Husband & Kids: 'It's Happy Chaos', Jaclyn Smith Still Lives in Luxury Home She Bought in 1991 & Raised Her 2 Kids In Inside Her Mansion, 77-Year-Old Woman Sells off Half Her Belongings, Now Lives in a Tiny House, Inside Valerie Bertinelli's Lavish Home Where She Mothered 4 Step Kids during Her 10 Year Marriage, George Stephanopoulos & Wife Ali's $6.5 Million Abode Where They Are Raising Their 2 Kids, Inside GMA's Robin Roberts' Pristine $410K Mansion Where She Lives with Her Partner of 16 Years, Erin Napier Dreamed about Owning Her House in Laurel as a Teen Inside Her 97-Year-Old Family Home, Inside Steven Seagal's $3,4M Bulletproof Mansion That He Bought after Marrying His 4th Wife. Vanessa Bryant has reached a settlement over graphic photos that were shared from the January 2020 helicopter crash that killed her husband, Kobe Bryant, their daughter, Gianna, and seven others. function ShopifyBuyInit() { Built in 2003, the Tuscan-style spot is found in the Summit at Turtle Ridge, a gated community a few miles from Bryants main estate in Newport Coast. However, Vanessa's recent actions brings those claims into question, leaving us wondering about the truth behind why Vanessa kicked her mom to the curb. December 5, 2022 Vanessa Bryant Shares Sweet Birthday Tribute for Her and Kobe's 6-Year-Old Daughter Bianka December 5, 2022 Khloe Kardashian Sends Vanessa Bryant Gingerbread House With Sweet. #Traditions. As they vowed till death do us part, the pair lived a happy life with their children until the unfortunate thing happened. The most stunning celebrity kitchens of all time revealed, 12 outrageous celebrity homes you have to see, Celebrity homes during lockdown that will blow your mind. I have always been a stay-at-home mother and my husband and I were our daughters full-time care givers.. Girls high school basketball team forfeits a game because it refused to play against a team with a transgender player, Fox Leaders Wanted to Break From Trump but Struggled to Make It Happen, Not Going to Read That: White House Press Secretary Brushes Off DeSantis Op-Ed, New TV series True Lies premieres Wednesday, Bills to up Georgia's tax on cigarettes, vaping products may not pass, Another Trevor Bauer defamation suit is thrown out, Lansing woman wins $1 million in Powerball lottery, Photos: NC State vs Duke in college basketball action. Jack Flemming covers luxury real estate for the Los Angeles Times. Vanessa Bryant testifies that she suffers panic attacks, anxiety since learning of shared crash scene photos, Today marks the successful culmination of Mrs. Bryants courageous battle to hold accountable those who engaged in this grotesque conduct, Luis Li, an attorney representing Bryant, said in a statement to CNN. moneyFormat: '%24%7B%7Bamount%7D%7D', While explaining Laine's importance in Vanessa's life, the source added, "Her mom is always with her and the girls and she's been keeping Vanessa strong and she's the weight of her support system.". Press Esc to cancel. "text": { loadScript(); When she lost the love of her life and her beloved young daughter at the same time, the world as she knew it came crashing down at all once. }); [CDATA[*/ Based upon previews of Sofia Laine's sit-down interview on Univision's El Gorda y La Flaca, interviewer Dave Valadez questioned Laine over Vanessa Bryant's reported decision to tow Laine's car. ", READ: 12 outrageous celebrity homes you have to see, MORE: Celebrity homes during lockdown that will blow your mind. "What respectable grandparent would take (or accept) money from their child to watch their grandchildren? "styles": { Bryant, wife of late Lakers legend Kobe Bryant, listed. The 39-year-old widow of Kobe Bryant took to Instagram this week to share pics from her vacation to Jamaica, which she took with her kids and her. "product": { Her mother Sofia Laine alleged that Kobe Bryant had made promises to her that Vanessa reneged on. It offered a close-up of the tiles on the walls a washed white style with a cracked high-shine finish. Describing herself as a "stay-at-home mother," Vanessa insisted that she and her husband had always been the "full-time care givers" for their daughters. For context, Sofia mentioned in an interview with Univision that her daughter kicked her out of the house and took back her possessions, including her car. We hope her victory at trial and this settlement will put an end to this practice.. Tyson Scholz sells luxury mansion for $4.61mil. Terms of the settlement were not made public. LOS ANGELES Vanessa Bryant has denounced a lawsuit from her mother claiming she is owed years of pay for working as an unpaid assistant and support promised by Kobe Bryant, the basketball. I have supported her for nearly 20 years, and she was never my or Kobes personal assistant, nor was she a nanny. "margin-left": "20px", The blooms were set on a central island in the kitchen, with a white marble worktop and a silver tap, and a glass bubble light with a chandelier candle-style fitting hanging overhead. /*