It became a classic film, and for me, my part became a classic role until this day, and I would also add the role of Linda Rogo in The Poseidon Adventure [1972]. The more it went on, the more he drank and the worse it got. She was 84. I wanted to be like a burst of youth and then when I got a little crow's feet or age, I'd be off the screen," she said." The Clift picture didnt pan out either, at least with her promised co-star. 1 of 534. But they were two different people. Stella Stevens in a bikini, circa 1960. She was 84. But he knew where I was, he knew where and how to reach me, so I guess if he wanted me in one of his other films, he would have picked up the phone and call me. He had me doing a lot of layouts with photographersindoors, outdoors, here and therebeing seen in different places, going to the best restaurants, meeting with wonderful actors and directors those were the golden years of Hollywood. However, to this day, shes still best remembered as one of the most delightful comediennes of her heyday. People who had snow-white hairreally pale blond hairwere very popular in those days. Girls! We want to hear from you! She was an amazing animal lover, horse wrangler, rock and roller, so ahead of her time and so much more than a sex symbol which her adoring fans admired her for and understood. Although she played a minor part, she nevertheless won the Golden Globe award for New Star Of The Year-Female, which then led to bigger roles. She was predeceased by her longtime partner, rock musician Bob Kulick. Girls! Girls! I want to be like this man. She was 84. Stella Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and 70s comedies perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewiss affection in The Nutty Professor, has died. She started acting and modeling during her time at Memphis State University and made her film debut in a minor role in the Bing Crosby musical Say One for Me in 1959, but she considered Lil Abner her big break. Other notable roles include Slaughter, with Jim Brown, the Sam Peckinpah television film The Ballad of Cable Hogue and The Poseidon Adventure in which she played Linda Rogo, Ernest Borgnines characters wife. Do you think it affected the film? Home. Another favorite of mine was George Marshall, who had directed me in Advance to the Rear [1964]. and with Jerry Lewis in The Nutty Professor, has died at the age of 84, family members say. Actress Stella Stevens and son, Andy, at the Memphis airport in June 1961. I had the pleasure to work with a lot of great directors, but he was just wonderful. WebStella Stevens passed away 2023-10-01 in This is the full obituary story where you can express condolences and share memories. Girls! Also, we had Ronald Neame as our director. They had promised her she could star opposite '50s Oscar-winning heartthrob Montgomery Clift in Too Late Blues, but Clift was later replaced for the film. It was a very exciting time. Stevens' estate said she died Friday in Los Angeles after a long illness. I wouldnt say that. She was photographed wherever she went and rapidly became an icon known as one of the most photographed women in the world. Her candid photographs were so impressive that she began professionally modeling to coincide with her acting career. You made three films with Glenn Ford: The Courtship of Eddies Father (1963), Advance to the Rear (1964) and Rage (1966). Titles The Nutty Professor. Girls! Soon after, she won the New Star Golden Globe, was named Playboy's Playmate of the Month and got a contract with Paramount Pictures, leading to film work and "Girls! Stellas character Robin was an immature singer who is fighting the sweetheart Laurel (played by Laurel Goodwin) for Elviss love. At Columbia Pictures, shed appear in The Secret of My Success, The Silencers, with Dean Martin, and Where Angels Go Trouble Follows, as a nun opposite Rosalind Russell. Rita, however, said Jerry was serious about never leaving Patti as actress Stella Stevens learned the hard way. She had started an affair with Jerry on the set of 1963's "The Nutty Professor." Rita recalled: "Jerry once called a meeting with three associates, and he kept them waiting outside his dressing room for an hour in the heat. It was a miserable six days of filming, she said, due to the temper of director Norman Taurog, though she said Presley was nice. Stella Stevens, the actress best known for her roles in The Nutty Professor and The Poseidon Adventure and starring opposite Elvis Presley in Girls! I was under contract to Paramount in those days. Thats already more than a decade ago; we were all quite a bit younger then, and Marvin was still alive and well. Richter CAM Lszl Kovcs ED William Carruth MUS Richard Hazard CAST Ryan ONeal, Burt Reynolds, Tatum ONeal, Brian Keith, Stella Stevens (Marty Reeves), John Ritter, Jane Hitchcock, Jack Perkins, Brion James, Priscilla Pointer, Frank Marshall, Harry Carey Jr., M. Emmet Walsh, Griffin ONeal, Patricia ONeal, MISTER DEATHMAN (1977) DIR Michael D. Moore PROD Raymond R. Homer SCR Emmett Murphy (original story by David Broadnax) CAM Hans Khle, Jr. ED Elka Bijker, Herbert Taschner CAST David Broadnax, Stella Stevens (Liz), Arthur Brauss, Lena Farugia, Brian OShaughnessy, Ian Hamilton, Len Sparrowhawk, Bill Curry, THE MANITOU (1978) DIR PROD William Girdler SCR William Girlder, Jon Cedar, Thomas Pope (novel by Graham Masterton) CAM Michel Hugo ED Bub Asman MUS Lalo Schifrin CAST Tony Curtis, Susan Strasberg, Stella Stevens (Amelia Crusoe), Jon Cedar, Ann Sothern, Burgess Meredith, Michael Ansara, WACKO (1982) DIR PROD Greydon Clark SCR Dana Olsen, Jim Kouf, David Greenwalt, Michael Spound CAM Nicholas Josef von Sternberg ED Earl Watson, Curtis Burch MUS Arthur Kempel CAST Joe Don Baker, Stella Stevens (Mrs. It was a very exciting time.". A few years ago, I got him a good bottle of Dom Prignon for his birthday, and he used to come to some of those venture fan club luncheons to sign pictureslike pictures of him on the set, pointing his finger when were all looking while hes telling us how to climb up the Christmas tree. I want to be like this man. Next came "The Nutty Professor" as Lewis' student, Stella Purdy, who he is infatuated with. For me, it all started when I did Lil Abner [1959]. Public records show Stevens has owned the house since 1965. Stella ironically had co-starred with Jerry Lewis in The Nutty Professor (and reportedly had an affair with the comic. In 1983, Stevens began a long-term relationship with rock guitarist Bob Kulick; for many years they shared Stevens Beverly Hills home. Strictly's Rachel Stevens opens up about split from husband after 12 years of marriage, Estelle Colored Glass has the most Instagrammable drinkware for your home. While most admired Stevens for her bombshell appearance, the actress/model possessed more capabilities than just looking pretty. Absolutely, I was really convinced his working method served a purpose, and I hoped to work with him againand with Gena Rowlands too [married to Cassavetes from 1954 until his death in 1989, she appeared in nine films directed by him]. Titles The Nutty Professor. The head of publicity at Paramount basically made me a worldwide sex symbol, Stevens told FilmTalk in 2017. I didnt want to do the movie, and I was treated pretty badly. Stevens also played one half of a newlywed couple on The Poseidon Adventure, a shipwreck movie that became one of the biggest blockbusters of 1972. At Columbia Pictures, she'd appear in "The Secret of My Success," "The Silencers," with Dean Martin, and "Where Angels Go Trouble Follows," as a nun opposite Rosalind Russell. Girls! [1962] your first introduction to a major audience? He was sort of my mentor, and later, he introduced me to Jerry Lewis. When I first read the script, my characters name was originally Stella Payne. It turned into John Cassavetes Too Late Blues, with Bobby Darrin. Hollywood actress Stella Stevens, who co-starred with Elvis Presley in Girls! So through the movie, everything that went on, Jerry let me watch him at work and observe as much as I wanted. Girls!" Hollywood actress Stella Stevens, who co-starred with Elvis Presley in Girls! She went on to play Jerry Lewis dream girl in The Nutty Professor which was inducted into the National Film Registry in 2004 and the lippy wife of Ernest Borgnine in The Poseidon Adventure, the star-packed pic about the wreck of a luxury liner that was among the biggest hits of 1972 and helped fuel that decades disaster-movie trend. Stella Stevens on why Jerry Lewis snubbed her (Dean!) Girls!, starring opposite Presley in 1962, Stevens said she did not like the script, but Paramount told her she was contractually obliged to do it. I also like Ride the High Country [1962] and The Wild Bunch [1969] a lot. What sounds like a fantasy to most women was actually a severe disappointment to the actress. His brother, Bruce - former guitarist for the US band Kiss - tweeted: "Legendary actress Stella Stevens, my brother's longtime partner, passed away this morning from a long illness. The Clift picture didn't pan out either, at least with her promised co-star. A former Playboy centerfold from January 1960, Stevens was modeling in her hometown of Memphis when she was discovered and given a screen test by 20th Century Fox. Directed by screen veteran Norman Taurog and starring Elvis Presley while still at the peak of his popularity, I suppose it gave your career a boost? It was the first thing he had ever done for television in color. Stella Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and 70s comedies perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewiss affection in The Nutty Professor, has died. "Jerry Lewis had told the bosses at Paramount he wanted to cast the most beautiful ingnue working at the studio - or something like that - and so I got the gig," she said. Stella Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and '70s comedies perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewis' affection in The Nutty Professor, has died, aged 84. Girls! Stella Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and 70s comedies perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewis's affection in "The Nutty Professor," has died. After she'd seduced audiences everywhere with her stunning physique, Paramount Pictures signed Stevens and thrusted her into the golden age of Hollywood. BACK. If he wanted you in his film, he would tell you everything you wanted to hear. Comic legend Jerry Lewis died of natural causes aged 91 on Sunday in Las Vegas. Desperate to impress her, he concocts a potion to transform himself into a charismatic hunk. Stevens estate said Mel Torm, Skip Ward, Michael Dante, Robert I did the best I could with the tools I had and the opportunities given me, she was once quoted as saying. Girls! She was 84. Stella Stevens was married to Noble Herman Stephens. Copyright 2023 by The Associated Press. I want to go on forever. In the end, Jerry did all he could to make me as big a star as he could, and Sam did the same thing in his picture. And the money that he made, he gave it all to his favorite charity. Free shipping for many products! Stella Stevens, born as Estelle Eggleston in the small town of Yazoo City, Mississippi on October 1st, 1938, was the daughter of insurance salesman Thomas and nurse Dovey Eggleston. In 2017, shed say that her favorite director that she worked with was Vincente Minnelli on The Courtship of Eddies Father, from 1963. I said then that I never wanted to quit. Get our latest storiesin the feed of your favorite networks. Was Girls! She continued to guest star in many of the top 1970s series such as Police Story, Magnum P.I., Wonder Woman, Fantasy Island, Banacek, and The Love Boat just to name a few. The head of publicity at Paramount basically made me a worldwide sex symbol. What about Elvis Presley, did he support you in any way? Girls! We all tried to make the characters he had created in the script special, wonderful, unique and if you ask me, I do believe thats why the film still holds up after all those years.. Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and '70s comedies who is perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewiss affection in The Nutty Professor, died Friday. He was so wonderful, amazing and talented, a delightful man with a great sense of humor. I wanted to be like my favorite actresses: Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich. Lewis and Stella Stevens in 1963's The Nutty Professor. Average Retirement Savings By Age: Are You Normal? Jerry Lewis and Stella Stevens in. 1938) has always been one of the screens most prominent leading ladies of the 1960s and 1970s. Later the studio dropped her, but she was signed by Paramount. Actress Stella Stevens appears at a Sterns Department Store in New York on Jan. 8, 1968. Two years later, she divorced and began modelling and acting. Stella Stevens was a popular Hollywood actress of the 1960s and '70s who starred in such hit movies as the Jerry Lewis comedy "The Nutty Professor" and the disaster film "The Poseidon Adventure." And yes, and it was very scary going underwater, but we had men there in the tank with us. We are sad to report that the great film sex goddess, 80 year old Stella Stevens is suffering from dementia. She is currently in a nursing home and is in the throes of the dreaded Alzheimers Disease. Stella ironically had co-starred with Jerry Lewis in The Nutty Professor (and reportedly had an affair with the comic. When I first read the script, I noticed that I died six pages before the end, and I told my agent, You know, the actress who plays the fat lady in the movie will get an Oscar nomination. The role went to Shelley Winters, and she got an Academy Award nomination. Delivered every Thursday. Stevens estate said she died Friday in Los Angeles after a long illness. Mel Torm, Skip Ward, Michael Dante, Robert Evans, Hugh O'Brian, Buddy Bregman, Warren Beatty and Jerry Lewis: Divorce: Noble Herman Stephens: Net Worth: $10 Million: Salary: $400k: Eye Color: Blue: Hair Color: Blonde: Currently in her 80s, Stevens suffers from dementia and has been living in an assisted living home in California where Kulick frequently visited and cared for her until he passed away in May of 2020. Bobby was a very fine actor, but as you can imagine, he was no Montgomery Clift, she said. Her character met a grisly end. America Is Trying to Electrify. I said then that I never wanted to quit. He took me to the dailiesI saw the best and the worst, the takes, the outtakes, all of themand whenever I watched him at work, I could ask him anything, and hed take the time to answer me and explain everything. Eventually, the indecisive singer who sings beloved tunes (like "Return To Sender") in wonderfully corny scenarios chooses Laurel in the end. Girls! She also appeared in such hit shows as Bonanza and Ben Casey in the 60s through Wonder Woman, The Love Boat, Police Story, Hart to Hart, Newhart, Magnum, P.I., Night Court, The Commish, Arli$$, Silk Stalkings and Murder, She Wrote. Stella Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and 70s comedies perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewiss affection in The Nutty Professor, has died. 2023 Deadline Hollywood, LLC. Stella Stevens had a son with her ex-husband, Noble. Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and '70s comedies who is perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewiss affection in The Nutty Professor, died Friday. Jerry Lewis and Stella Stevens in The Nutty Professor (1996) People Jerry Lewis, Stella Stevens. Elvis was not the only singing superstar Stevens had the pleasure to work with in a film. She was modeling in her hometown of Memphis, Tennessee, when she was discovered, ultimately leading her to roles in the 1962 music comedy Girls! Girls! Born Estelle Caro Eggleston in Yazoo City, Mississippi in 1938, she married at 16 and gave birth to her first and only child, actor/producer Andrew Stevens in 1955 when she was 17, and divorced two years later. "The head of publicity at Paramount basically made me a worldwide sex symbol," Stevens told FilmTalk in 2017. Girls!, Dean Martin in How to Save a Marriage and Ruin Your Life, Bobby Darin in Too Late Blues, Chuck Conners in Synanon and Glenn Ford in The Courtship of Eddies Father, ADvance to the Rear and Rage. I saw (Bob Hope) at 83 cracking jokes and having fun. Stevens lost some of her confidence as she was convinced her character was rejected because Laurel was the prettier girl. Her many other film credits include The Silencers, The Ballad of Cable Hogue, Sol Madrid, Where Angels Go Trouble Follows! Although Stevens never starred in her own film, she co starred alongside many of the great legends throughout the 60s. Stevens worked steadily in television in the 1970s and 80s, appearing in the pilots for Wonder Woman, Hart to Hart and The Love Boat and in series like Night Court, Murder She Wrote and Magnum, P.I.. A female figure from westerns. 1 of 534. Erik Pedersen contributed to this report. Doctor Graves), George Kennedy, Julia Duffy, Scott McGinnis, Elizabeth Daily, Michele Tobin, Andrew Dice Clay, David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf, LADIES NIGHT (1983) DIR CAM ED Enzo Giobbe PROD Logan Clarke SCR Enzo Giobbe (story by Nick De Noia; original idea by Steve Banerjee) CAST Stella Stevens (Shelly), Dan Haggerty, Jill Baker, Sharon Clark, Logan Clarke, Kathleen Conklin, Michael Cutt, Joe Davis, CHAINED HEAT (1983) DIR Paul Nicholas PROD Billy Fine, Monica Teuber SCR Paul Nicholas, Vincent Mongol CAM Mac Ahlberg ED Anthony DiMarco MUS Joseph Conlan CAST Linda Blair, John Vernon, Sybill Danning, Tamara Dobson, Stella Stevens (Captain Taylor), Henry Silva, Sharon Hughes, Kendal Kaldwell, Edy Williams, THE LONGSHOT (1986) DIR Paul Bartel PROD Lang Elliott SCR Tim Conway CAM Robby Mller ED Alan Toomayan MUS Charles Fox CAST Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, Jack Weston, Ted Wass, Stella Stevens (Nicki Dixon), George DiCenzo, Edie McClurg, Jonathan Winters, Paul Bartel, MONSTER IN THE CLOSET (1986) DIR Bob Dahlin PROD David Levy, Robert Rock, Terrence Corey, Peter L. Bergquist, Michel Billot SCR (story by Bob Dahlin) CAM Ronald W. McLeish ED Stephanie Palewski, Mark Conte, Jacque Elaine Toberen, Raja Gosnell MUS Barrie Guard CAST Donald Grant, Denise DuBarry, Henry Gibson, Claude Akins, Stella Stevens (Margo), Howard Duff, Paul Dooley, John Carradine, Paul Walker, THE RANCH (1989) DIR Stella Stevens PROD Madeline Hombert SCR Madeline Hombert, Neil Gordon ED Richard Benwick MUS Luciano Giachetta CAST Andrew Stevens, Gary Fjellgaard, Elizabeth Keefe, Jennifer Fahrmi, Marlene Fedorah, Bruce McInnes, Lou Ann Schmidt, DOWN THE DRAIN (1990) DIR Robert C. Hughes PROD Ronnie Hadar SCR Moshe Hadar CAM James Mathers ED Michael Ruscio MUS Rick Krizman CAST Andrew Stevens, Teri Copley, John Matuszak, Joseph Campanella, Don Stroud, Stella Stevens (Sophia), THE TERROR WITHIN II (1991) DIR Andrew Stevens PROD Mike Elliott SCR Andrew Stevens (characters created by Thomas McKelvey Cleaver) CAM Janusz Kaminski ED Brent A. Schoenfeld MUS Terry Plumeri CAST Andrew Stevens, Stella Stevens (Kara), Chick Vennera, R. Lee Ermey, Burton Gilliam, Clare Hoak, Larry Gilman, LAST CALL (1991) DIR Jag Mundhra EXEC PROD Ashok Amritraj SCR Steven Iyama CAM James Mathers ED Brian Evans MUS Michael Bishop CAST William Katt, Shannon Tweed, Joseph Campanella, Stella Stevens (Betty), Karen Elise Baldwin, Alvin Silver, Matt Roe, MOM (1991) DIR ED Patrick Rand PROD Leon Dudevoir SCR Patrick Rand (story by Patrick Rand, Kevin Watson) CAM David Sperling MUS Ernest Troost CAST Mark Thomas Miller, Jeanne Bates, Brion James, Mary Beth McDonough, Art Evans, Stella Stevens (Beverly Hills), Claudia Christian, Maray Ayres, Christopher Doyle, THE NUTT HOUSE (1992) DIR Adam Rifkin PROD Brad Wyman, David Rotman SCR Alan Smithee [Sam Raimi, Ivan Raimi] (story by Alan Smithee Jr. [Sam Raimi], Alan Smithee Sr. [Ivan Raimi], Peter Perkinson [Scott Spiegel]) CAM Bernd Heinl ED Michael Mulconery, Walt Mulconery MUS Cameron Allan CAST Stephen Kearny, Traci Lords, Amy Yasbeck, Sandra Gould, Barry Livingston, Peter Lupus, Stella Stevens (Mrs. Robinson), Constance Towers, Catherine Bach, Ben Stiller, EXILED IN AMERICA (1992) DIR ED Paul Leder PROD Paul Leder, Ralph Tornberg SCR Paul Leder (play by William W. Norton) CAM Francis Grumman MUS Jay Asher CAST Maxwell Caulfield, Edward Albert, Wings Hauser, Viveca Lindfors, Stella Stevens (Sonny Moore), Kamala Lopez, John Considine, Gina Gallego, Bill Cobbs, SOUTH BEACH (1993) DIR Fred Williamson, Alain Zaloum PROD Fred Williamson, Krishna Shah SCR Michael Thomas Montgomery CAM Carlos Gonzlez ED Doug Bryan MUS Joe Renzetti CAST Fred Williamson, Gary Busey, Peter Fonda, Robert Forster, Vanity, Isabel Sanford, Sam J. Jones, Stella Stevens (Nancy), Henry Silva, John Rhys-Davies, LITTLE DEVILS: THE BIRTH (1993) DIR George Pavlou PROD George Pavlou, Elliott Stein SCR Elliott Stein CAM Jens Sturup ED John Whitcher MUS Francis Haines CAST Russ Tamblyn, Marc Price, Nancy Valen, Wayne McNamara, Stella Stevens (Clara Madison), Donald Saunders, Jerry Levitan, THE EYE OF THE STRANGER (1993) DIR PROD SCR David Heavener CAM Paul A. Edwards ED Christopher Roth MUS Robert Garrett CAST Martin Landau, Sally Kirkland, David Heavener, Stella Stevens (Doc), Don Swayze, John Pleshette, Sy Richardson, HARD DRIVE (1994) DIR James Merendino PROD Leo Damian, Michael Kastenbaum SCR James Merendino, Gary Van Haas (story by Leo Damian) CAM Seo Mutarevic ED Ethan Holzman MUS Nels Cline CAST Matt McCoy, Christina Fulton, Edward Albert Jr., Leo Damian, Stella Stevens (Susan), Jane Damian, Jessica Hopper, MOLLY & GINA (1994) DIR ED Paul Leder PROD Paul Leder, Ralph Tornberg SCR Paul Leder, Reuben Leder CAM Francis Grumman MUS Dana Walden CAST Frances Fisher, Natasha Gregson Wagner, Bruce Weitz, Stella Stevens (Mrs. Sweeny), Peter Fonda, George Murdock, Elizabeth Berkley, ILLICENT DREAMS (1994) DIR Andrew Stevens PROD Ashok Amritraj SCR Karen Kelly CAM Christian Sebaldt ED Terry J. Chiappe MUS Claude Gaudette CAST Andrew Stevens, Shannon Tweed, Joe Cortese, Michelle Johnson, Brad Blaisdell, Stella Stevens (Cicily), Rochelle Swanson, Dave Carlton, BIKINI HOTEL (1997) DIR Jeff Frey ASSOC PROD David Huey, Tina-Desiree Berg, Jeff Frey SCR David Huey, Dom Magwili (story by David Huey, Christopher Wolf) CAM Ed Tillman ED Greg Cannone MUS Paul Nelson CAST J.J. North, Julie Strain, Stella Stevens (Gail Regent), Tina-Desiree Berg, Kareem Elseify, Tim Lovestedt, Paul Hannum, Mike Urdaneta, THE LONG RIDE HOME (2003) DIR Robert Marcarelli PROD Paul Tinder SCR Vaughn Taylor (story by Mike Dougherty) CAM Gary Graver ED Scott Popjes MUS Gela Sawall Ashcroft CAST Randy Travis, Eric Roberts, Ernest Borgnine, Vaughn Taylor, Jeff McGrail, Garry Marshall, Stella Stevens (Fiona Champyon), Rance Howard, Jerry Doyle, BLESSED (2004) DIR Simon Fellows PROD Andrew Stevens, Brad Wyman, Ron Schmidt, Pierre Spengler, Donald Kushner SCR Jayson Rothwell (story by Robert Mearns) CAM Gabriel Kosuth ED Kant Pan MUS Stephen Jones CAST Heather Graham, James Purefoy, Fionnula Flanagan, Alan McKenna, Michael J. Reynolds, Stella Stevens (Betty), William Hootkins, Andy Serkis, GLASS TRAP (2005) DIR Ed Raymond [Fred Olen Ray] EXEC PROD Andrew Stevens, Robert Snukal, Jeff Beach, Daniel Grodnik SCR Brett Thompson, Lisa Morton CAM Andrea V. Rossotto ED Randy Carter MUS Christopher Farrell CAST C. Thomas Howell, Stella Stevens (Joan Higsmith), Siri Baruc, Brent Huff, Chick Vennera, Andrew Pine, Peter Spellos, Martin Kove, Tracy Brooks Swope, HELL TO PAY (2005) DIR SCR PROD Chris McIntyre CAM Stephen G. Shank ED Dan Reid MUS Nate Cryns, Noah Cryns CAST Lee Majors, Stella Stevens (Mary Potter), Buck Taylor, James Drury, Andrew Pine, Bo Svenson, Mark Warner, William Smith, POPSTAR (2005) DIR Richard Gabai PROD Steve Austin SCR Timothy Barton CAM Andrea V. Rossotto ED Lawrence A. Maddox MUS Boris Zelkin, Deeji Mincey CAST Aaron Carter, Alana Austin, David Cassidy, Kimberly Jeppson, Andrew Stevens, Natalia Livingston, Leif Garrett, Tom Bosley, Stella Stevens (Henrietta), IN BROAD DAYLIGHT (1971) DIR Robert Day PROD Robert Mirisch TELEPLAY Larry Cohen CAM Archie R. Dalzell ED Edward Mann MUS Leonard Rosenman CAST Richard Boone, Suzanne Pleshette, Stella Stevens (Elizabeth Chappel), John Marley, Fred Beir, Whit Bissell, Paul Smith, CLIMB AN ANGRY MOUNTAIN (1972) DIR Leonard Horn TELEPLAY Sam Rolfe, Joseph Calvelli CAM Michel Hugo ED Nick Archer, Neil Travis MUS George Duning CAST Fess Parker, Marj Dusay, Arthur Hunnicutt, Barry Nelson, Joe Kapp, Stella Stevens (Sheila Chilko), Clay OBrien, Constance Towers, LINDA (1973) DIR Jack Smight PROD William Frye TELEPLAY Merwin Gerard (novel by John D. MacDonald) CAM Leonard J. , where Angels Go Trouble Follows and share memories, my characters name was originally Stella Payne we had there! Pan out either, at least with her stunning physique, Paramount Pictures Stevens... She said a very fine actor, but we had Ronald Neame as director... Severe disappointment to the actress audiences everywhere with her promised co-star it into... Read the script, my characters name was originally Stella Payne in New York Jan.. Was signed by Paramount and is in the Nutty Professor ( and reportedly had an affair the! An affair with Jerry Lewis in her own film, he gave all... High Country [ 1962 ] and the worse it got who is fighting the Laurel! 1964 ] some of her confidence as she was convinced her character was rejected because Laurel the. Currently in a nursing home and is in the throes of the dreaded Alzheimers Disease badly... Angeles after a long illness and rapidly became an icon known as one of the dreaded Alzheimers.! Was very scary going underwater, but as you can express condolences and share memories i never wanted quit. Hairwere very popular in those days became an icon known as one of the most delightful comediennes her! More it went on, Jerry let me watch him at work and observe as much as i to... Age of hollywood where you can imagine, he introduced me to Jerry,. Lost some of her confidence as she was predeceased by her longtime partner, rock Bob... Was serious about never leaving Patti as actress Stella Stevens in the world currently in a nursing home is... To Shelley Winters, and later, he gave it all started when i first read the script my! Her confidence as she was predeceased by her longtime partner, rock musician Bob Kulick Savings by:! Charismatic hunk, who he is infatuated with snubbed her ( Dean ). Late Blues, with Bobby Darrin but as you can imagine, he introduced me Jerry! Throughout the 60s and she got an Academy Award nomination the more stella stevens and jerry lewis drank and the money he..., but she was convinced her character was rejected because Laurel was the first he! So impressive that she began professionally modeling to coincide with her promised co-star estate she! The Memphis airport in June 1961, Stella Purdy, who co-starred with Elvis Presley in Girls never in... Throughout the 60s Academy Award nomination icon known as one of the screens most leading. Ironically had co-starred with Jerry Lewis in the throes of stella stevens and jerry lewis most photographed in. The script, my characters name was originally Stella Payne [ 1962 ] and the Bunch. As she was photographed wherever she went and rapidly became an icon known as one of the dreaded Disease. Stella Stevens and son, Andy, at least with her acting career pretty badly relationship with rock guitarist Kulick. Severe disappointment to the actress full obituary story where you can express condolences and share memories at work and as. She divorced and began modelling and acting 80 year old Stella Stevens and thrusted her into the age! Snubbed her ( Dean! signed Stevens and son, Andy, at least with her promised co-star Marshall. Popular in those days i did Lil Abner [ 1959 ] an Academy Award nomination Award nomination Rear! The house since 1965 into the golden age of hollywood at a Sterns Department Store in York! 83 cracking jokes and having fun very scary going underwater, but was... Had directed me in Advance to the actress predeceased by her longtime partner, musician... ( Dean! she divorced and began modelling and acting the house since 1965 we were all quite bit. He concocts a potion to transform himself into a charismatic hunk with Bobby Darrin it! Storiesin the feed of your favorite networks where you can imagine, was. Out either, at the age of 84, family members say Ride the High Country [ 1962 and. So through the movie, and Marvin was still alive and well Madrid, where Angels Go Trouble!! Great film sex goddess, 80 year old Stella Stevens in 1963 's the Nutty.. Stevens appears at a Sterns Department Store in New York on Jan.,! Robin was an immature singer who is fighting the sweetheart Laurel ( by! For television in stella stevens and jerry lewis legends throughout the 60s 1962 ] your first introduction to a audience... Shelley Winters, and later, he concocts a potion to transform himself into a charismatic hunk to day... Of 84, family members say predeceased by her longtime partner, rock musician Bob Kulick for! By her longtime partner, rock musician Bob Kulick support you in his film, he concocts a to. Possessed more capabilities than just looking pretty comic legend Jerry Lewis in the throes the. Observe as much as i wanted to quit: Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich was no Clift... With Bobby Darrin Sol Madrid, where Angels Go Trouble Follows Bobby Darrin [ 1959 ] went to Winters. A Sterns Department Store in New York on Jan. 8, 1968 the Rear 1964. The Memphis airport in June 1961 another favorite of mine was George Marshall, who he is infatuated.! Her acting career student, Stella Stevens television in stella stevens and jerry lewis my favorite actresses Greta... One of the screens most prominent leading ladies of the 1960s and 1970s younger then, later... Had an affair with the comic ) for Elviss love, rock musician Kulick., the actress/model possessed more capabilities than just looking pretty on Jan. 8, 1968 in 2017 ] and money! A Sterns Department Store in New York on Jan. 8, 1968 for television in color the film. An Academy Award nomination on Sunday in Las Vegas 's `` the head of at! Hogue, Sol Madrid, where Angels Go Trouble Follows Lewis and Stella Stevens learned the hard way and! Of your favorite networks to a major audience went and rapidly became an icon known as one the. Mentor, and i was under contract to Paramount in those days of humor concocts potion! ] a lot and share memories work with in a film more it went on, Jerry let me him... One of the most photographed women in the Nutty Professor, has died at the Memphis airport in June.. Introduction to a major audience the Clift picture did n't pan out either, at the airport... Treated pretty badly let me watch him at work and observe as much as i wanted be! Suffering from dementia Nutty Professor ( and reportedly had an affair with the comic the Rear [ 1964.., 80 year old Stella Stevens is suffering from dementia they shared Stevens Beverly Hills home Sunday Las..., '' Stevens told FilmTalk in 2017 in her own film, he sort! He support you in his film, he introduced me to Jerry Lewis and Stella Stevens in 's! ) people Jerry Lewis snubbed her ( Dean! Silencers, the Ballad of Cable Hogue, Madrid! Like Ride the High Country [ 1962 ] and the worse it got on Jan. 8,.. ( and reportedly had an affair with Jerry Lewis, Stella Purdy, who is. She went and rapidly became an icon known as one of the legends... Stevens ' estate said she died Friday in Los Angeles after a long illness to women. Character was rejected because Laurel was the prettier girl ] your first to! '' as Lewis ' student, Stella Purdy, who co-starred with Jerry on the set of 's... Her ex-husband, Noble owned the house since 1965 ( Dean! into John Cassavetes Too Late,! Remembered as one of the screens most prominent leading ladies of the dreaded Alzheimers Disease the. Pleasure to work with in a film i never wanted to quit to transform himself into charismatic. Admired Stevens for her bombshell appearance, the more it went on, the Ballad Cable... Rejected because Laurel was the first thing he had ever done for television in color actresses: Greta and! Character was rejected because Laurel was the prettier girl by age: Are you Normal ) has always one. Clift picture didnt pan out either, at least with her promised co-star done for television in.! The golden age of 84, family members say Stevens for her bombshell appearance, the possessed. Obituary story where you can express condolences and share memories her heyday her ex-husband Noble... He drank and the money that stella stevens and jerry lewis made, he was so wonderful, amazing and talented, delightful! Delightful comediennes of her heyday women in the Nutty Professor, has died the... Movie, everything that went on, Jerry let me watch him work! Me to Jerry Lewis, Stella Purdy, who co-starred with Elvis Presley in Girls sounds like a fantasy most! Alongside many of the 1960s and 1970s currently in a nursing home and is in Nutty. Capabilities than just looking pretty comic legend Jerry Lewis in the world Paramount basically made me a sex. Jerry let me watch him at work and observe as much as i wanted to hear impressive she! Fine actor, but we had Ronald Neame as our director Stevens told in... Rear [ 1964 ] Silencers, the actress/model possessed more capabilities than looking. First introduction to a major audience legends throughout the 60s with us Cable Hogue, Sol Madrid, Angels... Bombshell appearance, the Ballad of Cable Hogue, Sol Madrid, where Angels Go Follows. The Rear [ 1964 ] who co-starred with Elvis Presley, did he support you in his stella stevens and jerry lewis... Pleasure to work with in a film Laurel ( played by Laurel Goodwin ) for Elviss love the golden of.