What's he doing? The safety inspector yelled. I think Sideshow Bobs after me again Bart shivered. Show everyone your boobs! Oscar exclaimed. When The Simpsons is finally canceled, as far as Im personally concerned, the gravitas of the epochal nature of the announcement will be nullified by the relief that the rotting carcass of what was once the best show on TV will finally be put out of its misery. Its a Frankensteins Monster of plot elements that were forced together in the most insane way possible, many of which were done far better in earlier episodes. He took a slug of his bottle of gin. to Spring Break in Florida to Getting in trouble with the local authorities. The couch gag is the Simpsons walking over hot coals and yelping in pain as they walk over the hot coals to get to the couch. Besides Kid Rock and Joe C, the episode has two other guest stars as themselves journalist Charlie Rose (since disgraced) and film producer Robert Evans as themselves, in what appears to be a pastiche of Roses PBS talk show. Theyre nothing but eviiiiiil! [3], Actor Diedrich Bader guest starred in the episode as the sheriff. By Justin Kirkland Published: Jul 15, 2021. Meh Bart looked at his last homework he got back. Id be really interested to read John Swartzwelders original script for the episode, as it seems like a lot of the problems stem from the writers room tweaking it too much. Ill only live till Im 42?! Still wanting to party, Homer rents an airboat and makes his family join him on a joyride through the local swamp. Turns out the Alligators real name was Robert Ewing all along! Party! He hitchhiked until a white truck of Frat boys and Sorority girls picked him up and took him to the nearest party or gig. Sorry to inform you, but Reddit has denied the notion of this being the worst episode ever as of 5 years ago, when a post with zero upvotes declared the same accusation. Even if you compare his persona from The Twin Dilemma? EPISODE: 19 - Kill The Alligator And Run . The Simpsons are going on spring break in Florida to hopefully cure Homer of his insomnia-induced insanity and fear of dying caused by answering a magazine quizbut find themselves on the run from the law for running down the town's mascot, Captain Jack. It is so insane, so incoherent, so mad, and so incompetent that, for the first time in my years of reviewing this show, I have to sincerely question the sanity of Mr. Michael Scully. In fact, Dead Homer Society has not once used the episode for a "Quote of the Day" - they've gone back to the aforementioned wells on some occasions, even though they consider Season 11 the show's last gasp of dignity being stripped away. Security! Bart and Oscar shivered, they hugged frightened. Or has a growth hormone syndrome that stopped him growing said Hugo. Oompa Loompa doopity dooooo! Oscar sang mocking little people. Also, if the mood is right, Alligator might just qualify as so bad, its good. Pete Joyce, a firefighter and paramedic, said he was. The point is that, no matter how atrocious or vapid a franchise gets, there will be people who defend it (see the MCU). Audio commentary for "Kill the Alligator and Run", in, Meyer, George. ARRESTED. And secondly when we get round to that! And since it's my birthday, we'll party extra hard! (Beeping) She has a red Logans Run hand crystal. The fact that this got past a room of writers, a team of animators, network censors, and even advertisers in the absolute state that it did makes me wonder what the quality control standards are at the FOX Network. Lisa Goes To Washington wasnt, you know, my personal favorite episode of theentire frigging show. There were imaginary cowboys pointing guns at him and snarling. TVTropes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Oz thats in Sans Monique, a fictional Island in the Caribbean Hugo sighed. But I think the aforementioned train track scene stands out for indicating just how awful this show really has become. Yeah, definitely. Living in the sunshine, dancing in the moonlight, having a wonderful time! Tiny Tim was singing I dunno but best avoid those celebrities from now on said Oscar. Peewee Herman was at the pool party with his bicycle. Kill the Alligator and Run Homer once again has a midlife crisis after reading a life expectancy quiz in a magazine. (Kid Rock was also on KOTH but I dont think until a later season.). Season 11 > Kill the Alligator and Run. Me at money grabbing Michael Jackson false accusers and gas lighters? Oscar asked. Right thats it! Consider it this way George Meyer, being a show veteran behind many of the shows best gags for the previous decade and a leading writer of S9-12 (assuming that he held significant influence over script rewrites, or the content that ultimately ended up broadcast during this period of the shows lifetime) and notable for his darker sense of humor (which is visible in Brothers Little Helper, itself unusually macabre comedy-wise by S10 standards), served as one of the writers on Behind the Laughter, an intended finale which satirized Homers flanderization from none-too-bright but well-meaning family breadwinner to irredeemable and physically indestructible omnipotent cartoon egotist by assigning his successively plummeting intellect to physical injury and resultant addiction to painkillers.It may be a stretch to interpret it this way (although the popularity of the Pixar Theory confirms that outlandish and barely-supported theories can gain significant following and external credence regardless), but one has to wonder if Meyer actually utilized this theory as a kind of guideline for Jerkass Homers character, particularly as BTL presents the show itself as a semi-documentary on the casts everyday life, with the external/executive crews desire to push the Simpson family into increasingly outlandish situations for comedy/viewership/ratings resulting in Homer sustaining head injuries and the effects of heavy painkiller usage/over-dosage (due to the demands of filming the series) inflicting further psychological damage by spacing out Homer into a more childlike and delusional figure to the extent where the damage becomes a permanent malady. What else can I say about this turd here (other than the fact that Jerkass Homer at this stage could basically be carted off to a mental asylum with actual justification as opposed to the misplaced diagnosis in Stark Raving Dad (otherwise the episode that now no longer exists according to FOX/Disney because the shows crew grasped at straws for public attention)) without repeating the well-trodden criticisms of countless other Simpsons fans? Dont worry I wont leave this room. said Homer. MAGGIE WAS PUT IN HANDCUFFS. This time the family takes him to Florida. See?. Homer read another of those dumb magazine quizzes in womens afternoon weekly magazines. For their crimes (and Homer's foolish attempt at defending himself in court - calling the jury "drunken hicks"), the family is put into forced labor. What does it say about The Simpsons at this point that they blatantly ripped off entire plots from one of their sister shows? Marge came in wearing oven gloves and glowered at him. This is a perfect vacation for Homer. 1 reference. Homer annoyed Joe C and Kid Rock by climbing on stage and being out of style because he likes older bands these kids hate. Movies. In contrast to the believable midlife crisis seen in that episode, here, Homer is instead confronted with the possibility of dying at age 42 thanks to a quiz that he took in a magazine. Animation Apr 30, 2000 21 min Information Genre Animation Released 2000 Run Time 21 min Rated TV-PG End act 1, and any chance of me giving a damn about this character. One of the Frat boys partying outside was smoking pot. Youve got to stop blindly supporting celebrities just because you like them! Homer Simpson: It worked! Homer frowned slightly but wasnt too disappointed. Unless this was meant to be a riff on the strictness of the Southern legal system, this is taking the Sins of the Father cliche a bit too seriously, right? knock you out. Theres so much wrong with this episode, its hard to know where to begin (and you cover the more egregious bullshit, anyway). Now shut up! Homer: D'oh! not every episode can be the best. Join to talk about the wiki, Simpsons and Tapped Out news, or just to talk to other users. (Of course, Ill be sad for the storyboard artists that will have to look for new work. It originally aired on Fox in the United States on April 30, 2000. Oz! Wiiteen's Horrible Animations (Season 3): Episode 7: Kill the Alligator and Run (The Simpsons) Wiiteen Chilly Follow After making his fans rage with his previous reviews and videos, Wiiteen has to please them by reviewing one of the most hated Simpsons episodes ever. Kill the Alligator and Run Homer once again has a midlife crisis after reading a life expectancy quiz in a magazine. Audio commentary for "Kill the Alligator and Run", in, Maxtone-Graham, Ian. " Kill the Alligator and Run " is the nineteenth episode of the eleventh season of the American animated television series The Simpsons. Students partied and a song played, I dunno probably Duran Duran. Learn how your comment data is processed. I think those are the only gig or concert arenas in Florida Oscar snapped his finger or Thanos Snapped. "Kill the Alligator and Run" is the nineteenth episode of season 11 of The Simpsons and the two-hundred and forty-fifth episode overall. To calm himself down, he and the rest of the Simpson family go to Florida for vacation. Make an account! "Kill the Alligator and Run" was heavily derided in its day as one of the worst episodes in the history of the show. Well thats not a good grade. Oscar kept being stupid saying it was Kraid from Metroid said Lisa. Mom, Bart's sitting next to me! Lisa whined pushing him. Logans Run reference Oscar cooed. We kept that in the show. She gasped because a girl with huge breasts smooshed he boobs onto the windows of the car. Spoiler alert the word divorce is not mentionedonce in this episode. A car chase ensues because we havent had enough chases this season already, and the sheriff begins to fire his gun at the mirror instead of, you know, at the tires. Bart, Lisa and Oscar yelped and shivered. This wouldnt irritate me as much if Mr. It makes only slightly more sense, in fact. It originally aired on Fox in the United States on April 30, 2000. Seth wrote Peter cracking a joke about God ruining Ellen Barkins face when he was ironing it. Anyway, everything looks great, Mr. Burns. Animation Comedy Fearing he only has three years to live, Homer takes the family on a vacation to Florida, where they become fugitives after seemingly killing a famous alligator. I wish it was funny, but guess what the duo dont have much to work with here. ), "Kill the Alligator and Run" was written by John Swartzwelder and directed by Jen Kamerman as part of the eleventh season of The Simpsons (19992000). He took the bed with him. Why did I call my crossover fanfiction that. For those who dont know, John Swartzwelder stopped coming into the office when they wouldnt let him smoke there anymore and started writing his scripts at home and then sending them in. IMDb ID. Look! The Simpsons Kill the Alligator and Run Available on iTunes, Disney+ S11 E19: After a terrible bout with insomnia, Homer takes the family to Florida during spring break. His current girlfriend Vanessa says hes very loving! Now, this next scene Im about to describe is something that I did not make up for the review. Sort of. Um I dont know anything about him. Interesting take, and I have to say that I sort of agree there. Mmmmmm Florida oranges Ahhhh, I think Im recovering from my scurvy. said Hugo. Kill the Alligator and Run F Simpson Safari D- Boht are terrible for some varying reasons, but KTAAR was the worse effort. My grand momma loves to read these on the potty. Lost in the wilderness and on the run, the family come across a diner, where they are given employment. I hope so! Ooooooh Hubba Hubba! Oscar moaned pervertedly. This is a terrible activity! 25.000. You were talking about gophers the whole time! Marge ranted. Despite the fact that Homer is the sole guilty culprit, the whole family is charged for killing the alligator. Their conversation mentions Evans's films Love Story and The Two Jakes, as well as Vincent Canby. "[9] Kid Rock recorded some of his dialog over the phone, but also paid a 45-minute visit to the Simpsons studio in Los Angeles to record lines. While there, they accidentally kill Captain Jack, the crocodilian mascot of the town, and so are chased by the sheriff. Thats the only part I think you got wrong. Uh no. Marge suggests a few lifestyle changes to make that number go up, naturally Homer is against that and has a mental breakdown, developing insomnia and going insane. Watchlist Share Spring break! Students cheered. Uh no we got a gator stuck in our toilet once when Mom got arrested for shoplifting at the Kwik E Mart. No contest even the few amusing lines cant drown out the sheer awfulness surrounding them. Im not paying you just for getting me the mail that I could have got myself. It also says something that Homer was more antagonistic in this episode than Charles Montgomery Burns. Episode tersebut awalnya disiarkan dalam saluran Fox di Amerika Serikat pada 30 April 2000. It has gone from timeless to anachronism. Oscar whipped out a black handgun and pointed it at Homer menacingly. Summary: Homer is suffering from insomnia due to stress. Hmmmmm! Suddenly there was a Tyrannosaurus Rex outside the car staring in at them and growling. 0 references. (Though Homer rejects the former state because he dislikes its odor. (To which I argue that they merely mocked his candidacy back in 1999.). So, this is where I should declare it the new candidate for the Worst Episode Ever. I dont even know what the hell I put down in this review. He's got your license. [1][2] When the animation department finished its work on the episode, it had ended up being about four minutes too long and the staff of the show was forced to make some difficult cuts. Around 7.46 million American homes tuned in to watch the episode during its original airing. Little do they know, it is Spring Break. Upon arriving they are greeted by wild college students in the middle of a raucous spring break. maybe the writers were in spring break., 6) And Redditor 6 just has a Simpsons meme picture of Velma (from the episode) saying, Youre usin hyperbolic statements to try and justify your unpopular opinion I like that.. What I ultimately am looking at in terms of analyzing the collapse ofThe Simpsonsis what the symptoms reflect. Its Dr Demento again! Bart whined mentioning his other arch enemy. Its nonsensical! It originally aired on the Fox network in the United States on April 30, 2000. Captain Jack, the alligator. said the tour guide. Destroy us all!, He had chicken. She gasped. No you dont! Wiki edit history. publication date. Other times, they thought they could juggle an ability to tell an emotionally moving story with revenge against an errant voice actor and the quest for ratings. Which Marge even buys into. Unlike this episode, those four are downright offensive in their sheer awfulness. Hmmmmmmm! Homer laughed. Party! We went to Maudes funeral! He sighed. Oh God, fuck this episode. Having to choose between KTAAR and Twin Dilemma is a rather sobering choice. For the past five and a half years, I have been taking a look at the Mike Scully era ofThe Simpsons. Boom, you have the Villain of the Week. Back to the swamp Homer groaned. Oh, dont forget Diedrich Baker. Seen here in Kill the Alligator and Run is an absolute trainwreck of an episode, one that dispatches the shows prior standards of comedy, characterization, plotting, animation (which really feels stiff and lifeless in this episode), and even sanity in one of the most deranged episodes of non-Adult Swim-related television ever. This better not be like that time you aspired to be like Thomas Edison!. And Andy Warhol and Salvador Dali said Lisa. Is the monkey from Narnia? Oscar asked. What are you up to Demento! Of his familys station wagon. Homer Simpson: Well, I'm gonna try anyway.