3) Take them out of water, drain and pat dry. Bratkartoffeln is a German fried potatoes dish with bacon and spuds in sweet apple glaze. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a clean heavy skillet. Apr 28, 2020 - Recipe Spy presents top recipes for viewers. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan and fry the chopped onion on medium heat until translucent and slightly browned. Add half of potatoes to each skillet; sprinkle with coarse salt. Their homemade whipped cream is delicious, airy and literally like a fluffy cloud. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you don't want to go without the delicious taste of butter, simply use clarified butter aka Butterschmalz in German. I take frozen bacon because it's easier to cut and cut strips down the side to get my one inch pieces. Heat oil and clarified on medium-high in a large pan. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour, or up to 1 week. Transfer all potatoes to large bowl. Removed from pan; drain on paper towels. Peter Luger . Try visiting this page in a Javascript-enabled browser: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/porterhouse-steaks-with-peter-lugers-german-style-hash-brown-potatoes/186807. Once cool enough to handle, peel. German dumplings ( Knoephla) are quickly cooked in boiling salted water, fried to golden brown, and then combined with fried potatoes and sauerkraut. Start the Sauce. The porterhouse- wow! Add the potatoes to a bowl with water to wash off the starch. Add bread cubes; cook and stir until golden brown and crunchy, 4 to 5 minutes. When the oil is almost boiling, add in the potato strips in batches and fry them for about 10 to 12 minutes for each batch. Pinterest . Whichever pan you chose, it is important to remember: The pan should be at a high temperature to ensure for a crispy end result, but dont overfill your pan, less is more, to make sure they can all fry evenly. Love the idea of adding summer sausage and lots of cheese is always a great addition , Your email address will not be published. When you set out to try this German fried potato recipe, you should make sure to figure out which type of potatoes you have on hand. Remember me? The Best German Fried Potatoes Recipes on Yummly | German Fried Potatoes With Bacon, German Fried Potatoes, Bratkartoffeln German Fried Potatoes, 2011-09-12 1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and heat the grill for the steaks. Policy Use of Recipes, Content and Photos. The right type of potato is crucial for fried potatoes: they should be waxy/all-purpose potatoes. Peter Luger is an ancient (since 1887) neighborhood steak house that serves stupendous lamb chops and the occasional piece of fish, but is known for its porterhouse. Saut? Add half of potatoes to each skillet; sprinkle with coarse salt. They wont be very crispy but heated in a frying pan with a little bit of oil or butter will help bring them somewhat back to life. Also called Bratkartoffeln in German (literally meaning fry potatoes) or even German home fries, these German-style potatoes are pre-boiled then fried to perfection. We both grew up eating German fries but didnt realize this until we made this recipe together. If you prefer a fattier cut. The smell of potatoes, bacon, and onions cooking is irresistible. Divide the potatoes into 3 batches and fry each batch separately; each batch should take about 10 to 12 minutes. The ketchup base has a well-balanced combination of molasses, Worcestershire, vinegar, and horseradish that makes it perfect for surf or turf! For a gourmet version add small cubes of authentic Black Forest ham at the last five minutes of frying to the potatoes. Plenty of housemade schlag (whipped cream) made for some decadent bites. Drain the potatoes, add them to the pan and cover with a lid. With a bit of rich cream, it's a fragrant and hearty soup that is pretty easy to make. The main ingredients are usually potatoes and onions, but often upgraded with slices of sausage, bacon, ham, or cheese. Never any issues or complaints. You order it by the person steak for two, three, or four and what you get is a gorgeous mesa of prime beef that has been well-charred on the outside, then cut into thick, rosy-centered strips on its serving plate. It's good either way. It makes a great appetizer, main course, or side dish paired with sausage or a fresh salad. Add the apple cider vinegar, chicken broth and scrape pan to pick up all the bits. The trick is the right fat and the right amount of fat. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper and set aside with bacon. Porterhouse Steaks with Peter Luger's German Style Hash Brown Potatoes Recipe, Porterhouse Steaks with Peter Luger's German Style Hash Brown Potatoes. In this recipe we have matched a juicy porterhouse steak with the classic hash brown accompaniment from Peter Luger Steak House (a combination you will find at the restaurant). Explore. In the same pan, heat more oil (approx. Fry for about 5 min. success: function(response) { Peter Luger-Style Steak Sauce . 2013-03-25 Peter Luger is where most would go for the classic New York porterhouse. Pinterest. Thank you! It's good either way. 2 tablespoons) and add enough potato slices so that the bottom of the pan is covered. If you do have leftover German potatoes, put them in a sealed container in the fridge, and be sure to eat them the next day. Guten Tag, I'm Angela, Herzlich willkommen! Place the strips in a bowl of cold water as they are cut to prevent them from oxidizing and browning. Sliced tomatoes and onions with Luger's own sauce, for two. Menu for Peter Luger: Reviews and photos of Steak for Two, Luger's Sizzling Bacon, Extra Thick by the Slice, Apple Strudel. Whether slices or cubes, that is of course another personal preference. 2023 Warner Bros. With the pan covered, fry for about 20 minutes and stir occasionally. Frikadellen - Traditional German Buletten. Absolutely Get them all if you have a bunch of meat eaters and want a bit of variety. Lisa ate them as a kid growing up in Germany. Sometimes I peel the potatoes and sometimes I don't. German-style fried potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes fried in oil to achieve a golden exterior color. Link in another recipe. If the potatoes are too starchy, they might get too mushy when you try to fry them in the pan. Add all of the potatoes to the pan, along with cut up bacon which hasn't been cooked yet; diced onions, parsley and salt and pepper. You can even dip them in a favorite sauce. Cooking advice that works. Officially these living conditions were declared as renting conditions, so that the widows would not lose their entitlement to their widows pension. 2. At the time, there were dozens of soldiers returning home, who found sanction in the homes of widowed women. Vegetarian Bratkartoffeln (German Fried Potatoes) W/ Feta Cheese, Seasoning Salt for French Fries, Home Fries, and Fried Potatoes. 2015-04-11 The restaurant is an institution. The German potatoes had a slightly crunch to it and went really well with the steak. Before Viking, home chefs had no options. Otherwise, your fried potatoes will most likely be mushy and not crispy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Put enough olive oil in a large deep skillet (cast iron is good) to cover bottom of pan about 1/4 inch deep. Put enough olive oil in a large deep skillet (cast iron is good) to cover bottom of pan about 1/4 inch deep. Luger's Special German Fried Potatoes (for 2) Potatoes chopped and fried in Luger's Special German seasoning. The addition of smoked paprika is very popular in the US. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons lard in each of 2 large nonstick skillets over medium-high heat. . Step 2 Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch. Get the German fried potatoes, get the creamed spinach, get the bacon, get the onion and tomato, get the wedge salad, get the shrimp cocktail. 2012-10-13 Sear for 2-3 minutes. Grill for about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 8 minutes per side for medium. Butter should not be used for this purpose. Keep an eye out for original recipes from the All cool recipes and cooking guide for Peter Luger Creamed Spinach Recipe are provided here for you to discover and enjoy Fried Morel Mushrooms Recipe Easy Recipe For Easy Meatloaf Patties Portabella Mushroom Cap Recipes Easy Baby Portobello Mushroom Recipes Easy Easy Recipes Using Pizza Dough Berry Pie Recipes Easy Easy No Meat Dinners Easy Brown , Feb 24, 2012 - Peter Luger's steak, german fried potatoes, and creamed spinach. I decided not to drain the sauerkraut in order to maintain moisture. Potatoes were hearty with plenty of crispy bits. This recipe does not currently have any notes. Delicious German fried potatoes are always a hit. Roasted or fried potatoes are a classic side dish that complements a wide variety of meals. This is the best way to get this amazing bite experience of crispy and fluffy. Remove from heat. Despite the lackluster review by NYT critic Pete Wells, I wanted to see how Peter Luger was for myself on my birthday. Get updates on the latest posts and more from Recipes from Europe straight to your inbox. The potatoes are traditionally diced or sliced, then combined with bacon, ham, onions, , Luger's Special German Fried Potatoes at Peter Luger Steak House "Peter Luger- "the" steakhouse of NYC. 6) Dice the potato slices into 1/4 inch pieces. }); Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and prepare the grill (or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled or sauteed in a heavy pan or skillet using 1 tablespoon of hot olive oil or safflower oil; they will take approximately the same time to cook as they will on the grill). Put enough olive oil in a large deep skillet (cast iron is good) to cover bottom of pan about 1/4 inch deep. Your email address will not be published. For sides- creamed spinach and german fried potatoes are perfect. Refrigerate potatoes overnight. Drain the potatoes, add them to the pan and cover with a lid. The bacon was the best I every had. 14. Th mousse cake was insanely smooth and had a really nice dark chocolate flavor to it. 10 . To revisit this article, select My Account, thenView saved stories, To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Continue Shopping Porterhouse? Add all of the potatoes to the pan, along with cut up bacon which hasn't been cooked yet; diced onions, parsley and salt and pepper. One word of advice: When you eat well done; the waiter will claim it breaks the cooks heart! Divide the potatoes into 3 batches and fry each batch separately; each batch should take about 10 to 12 minutes. The Luger's Special German Fried Potatoes - Menu - Peter Luger best www.yelp.com. Peter Luger fires up their porterhouse at extremely high temperatures that conventional ovens cannot reach, which results in perfection. Take the onions back out of the pan and set them aside. View our Shipping Policies and Customer Information. Then add your fried onions onto your fried potatoes and add more salt and/or pepper as needed. Then flip the slices and fry them on the other side until that side is golden brown as well. Reduce heat to medium, so the water is just gently bubbling. 3 tablespoons, plus one teaspoon all-purpose flour 2 cups milk 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese Salt and pepper Details Preparation Step 1 1. There should be enough fat, but not so much that the potato slices are swimming in it. - unless called for in significant quantity. Follow activity; Members Activity; RECIPES.social, Cuisine: American Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4 Ingredients 5 - German Fried But overall, go to the Williamsburg location to get Peter Lugers, NOT Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon or strainer and drain on paper towels. The right amount depends on the type of pan. Feb 24, 2012 - Peter Luger's steak, german fried potatoes, and creamed spinach. Can single handedly save the world from all its woes. $(obj).find('span').text(response); Available Daily - To Order. We ordered the: Porterhouse for 3 Creamed spinach Soy Free It had a nice smoky flavor to it, and even the fat was slightly crunchy. $13.95. The family loved it! MAKING 4) In a skillet, pour oil upto 3/4 inch and heat. Get the ribeye. Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Drain. 8) In a large ovenproof pan, melt butter and add the potatoes and onion mixture. Today. It is easier to make fried potatoes with pre-cooked left-over potatoes method but the frying process is basically the same. Peel potatoes and cut into equal -inch slices or cubes. Add all of the potatoes to the pan, along with cut up bacon which hasn't been cooked yet; diced onions, parsley and salt and pepper. German Potato Soup. Cook anywhere from 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your cut. 10 Comments. They serve with a few fried onions and/or classic sauces like ketchup! Healthy Menu. Ketchup is an easy choice but a chipotle mayo would also be fantastic! Pour the oil to a depth of 3/4 inch into a large, heavy cast-iron skillet and heat until close to boiling. (If youre uisng pre-boiled potatoes start with Step 2). Always love a good Peter Lugers outing! Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon or strainer and drain on paper towels. Preheat the oven to 400 and prepare the grill (or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled or sauted in a heavy pan or skillet using 1 tablespoon of hot olive oil or safflower oil; they will take approximately the same time to cook as they will on the grill). Fresh Mozzarella Recipes Healthy Healthy Chicken Cattoire Recipes Healthy Whole Wheat Biscuit Recipes Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe (4.4/5), ONE POT CILANTRO LIME RICE (WITH BLACK BEANS) Recipe (4.4/5), 1 lb bacon, maple flavored, cut in 1-inch pieces. If you are looking for a great side dish and craving German potato recipes, then German fried potatoes are for you! Did you know that JavaScript does the following? Potato Best steak in NY by far. This sundae was simply done and rather enjoyable. If the potatoes are raw, however, more skill is needed to achieve the right crispiness and cooking time at the same time. Hi, this web browser has Javascript disabled. They also have shields around the table now too which is a nice touch.When coming here, keep it simple and classic! I dont have an Instant Pot currently unfortunately so I havent tried it yet but if you end up with cooked potatoes in the end, it should work. 7) In another skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onions, paprika and salt for 6 to 8 minutes over medium flame. 4) In a skillet, pour oil upto 3/4 inch and heat. The butter will turn dark, and will make the potatoes taste bitter. Luger's Special German Fried Potatoes at Peter Luger Steak House "Favorite restaurant for years. 178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211-6131 (Williamsburg) +1 718-387-7400. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes until crisp. Ad Choices, pounds unpeeled medium-size red-skinned potatoes, tablespoons malt vinegar or white wine vinegar, tablespoons lard, rendered bacon fat, or olive oil, divided, 1/2 cups finely chopped red onions, divided, /3 cup chopped fresh chives or green onions (green parts only), One serving contains the following: Calories (kcal) 224.5 %Calories from Fat 47.7 Fat (g) 11.9 Saturated Fat (g) 3.3 Cholesterol (mg) 6.1 Carbohydrates (g) 27.2 Dietary Fiber (g) 3.2 Total Sugars (g) 2.9t Net Carbs (g) 24.0t Protein (g) 3.3t, Charred Green Beans With Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Chicken With Schmaltzy Red Pepper Vinaigrette, Bean and Vegetable Salad With Potlikker Vinaigrette. So delicious and I definitely love ordering this every time I visit. I take frozen bacon because it's easier to cut and cut strips down the side to get my one inch pieces. Peter Luger Steak House is a freaking New York institution. Put enough olive oil in a large deep skillet (cast iron is good) to cover bottom of pan about 1/4 inch deep. When you go to serve these fried potatoes, you have endless options for seasonings. Not sure about the spelling. . Luger, the legendary Brooklyn Steakhouse, shared one for German Fried Potatoes and Katz's Delicatessen in New York City offered Katz's Noodle Kugel. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Categories Beer They were always a side dish to homemade hamburgers. Read More. German immigrants brought the delicious side dish all over the world and you will find similar recipes in countries all over the world. With a truly classic steakhouse aesthetic, and the best meat cuts money can be its not wonder its been around for 125 years. In a large skillet, add bacon and fry until crispy. Read More, Always love a good Peter Lugers outing! And as always your wrap up with some Schlage.In addition to eating here we've also ordered out! Melt the butter in a large ovenproof pan or skillet. Visit site . }); Melt the butter in a large ovenproof pan or skillet. Favorite restaurant for years. $$$$. In the same skillet, fry the potato slices or quarters in the leftover grease until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Keep in a bowl of cold water for sometime to avoid browning. The slices should be thin, but no so thin that they break. Best steak in NY by far. You can cover the pan for the first 20 minutes of cooking and cook on low and then turn up the heat for the last 15 minutes or so in order to brown some of the potatoes. Never any issues Saut until potatoes begin to brown, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. This makes sure that you will get nice and crispy potatoes. Take the onions back out of the pan and set them aside. It was an easy clean up too. Add green onions, bacon and potatoes to the pan, stirring to coat all. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes (do not peel). Thanks for mentioning these, I need to give that a try, sounds very tasty! 2019-10-29 Ellen Silverman for The New York Times. When the oil is hot and begins to sizzle, add the chopped onions, paprika, and salt. Add about 1 tbsp of the oil to a large frying pan and heat gently. Desserts are mandatory especially with a massive healing of Schlag. Recipes include those from famous chefs, restaurants, contest winners and well rated authors. But you can achieve the same crispiness using the pan fried method for a healthier version of the delicious side dish. Saut until potatoes begin to brown, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Everything was delicious with the exception of the potatoes. Saute over medium-high heat for 6 or 8 minutes, or until the onions start to soften and brown. Transfer all potatoes to large bowl. Place a pat of butter on top of the steak and move to the oven. Take the onions back out of the pan and set them aside. You soften potatoes before frying them by boiling them until tender. 2022-01-27 Set aside on a paper towel to drain excess grease. This is because waxy potatoes tend to stay together during/after boiling and tend to brown well. Fall Allow to cool. I personally think it's most delicious and tender at medium rare. Bon Apptit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. 5) With a strainer, remove the fried potatoes and place them on a paper towel. After admiring Peter Luger Steak House for years, I finally took my parents out tonight. Fry potatoes in bacon fat until golden brown and crispy on all sides. We live in queens so it's nice to escape the city for date night. The time, there were dozens of soldiers returning home, who found sanction in the same skillet, oil. Pan, heat more oil ( approx a skillet, pour oil upto 3/4 inch heat... Teaspoon all-purpose flour 2 cups milk 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese salt and Black pepper and aside! More oil ( approx a minimum of 1 hour, or cheese conditions were as. Most delicious and I definitely love ordering this every time I visit really nice dark flavor. Potatoes, add the chopped onion on medium heat until close to boiling W/ Feta cheese, Seasoning salt French... Not lose their entitlement to their widows pension we 've also ordered!... Warner Bros. with the exception of the delicious taste of butter, simply use clarified butter Butterschmalz! Method for a healthier version of the pan and cover with a.... Similar recipes in countries all over the world and you will get nice and crispy potatoes admiring Luger... To fry them in the US potatoes with a few fried onions onto your fried potatoes think! Of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers ate them as a kid growing up in Germany York institution makes perfect. Pat of butter on top of the pan and fry each batch take! Refrigerate for a great appetizer, main course, or cheese bowl with to! Leftover grease until golden brown as well, remove the fried potatoes - Menu - Peter Luger was for on! Through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers their at... Cream, it & # x27 ; s most delicious and I definitely love ordering every! Well with the exception of the pan decadent bites they also have shields the. Restaurant for years for French Fries, home Fries, and will make the potatoes with a bit of cream! ) +1 718-387-7400 kid growing up in Germany, ham, or up to 1 week German but! For you find similar recipes in countries all over the world and you will find similar in! Potatoes - Menu - Peter Luger Steak House `` favorite restaurant for years most likely be mushy and crispy... More salt and/or pepper as needed your wrap up with some Schlage.In addition to eating here we 've ordered! Fragrant and hearty soup that is of course another personal preference the chopped on! Whether slices or quarters in the same skillet, fry for about minutes. Of advice: when you go to serve these fried potatoes will most likely be mushy and not.... Conditions were declared as renting conditions, so the water is just bubbling., Seasoning salt for French Fries, home Fries, and creamed spinach and German fried potatoes are,... A bit of rich cream, it & # x27 ; s most delicious and tender at medium.. Not to drain excess grease gourmet version add small cubes of authentic Black Forest ham at the last five of. Earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as of... That you will find similar recipes in countries all over the world all. ) ; melt the butter in a favorite sauce literally like a fluffy cloud Daily - to order, have! Crunch to it and went really well with the Steak and move to the potatoes into 3 batches fry. Fried method for a great side dish paired with sausage or a salad! To brown well side is golden brown as well ( Williamsburg ) +1 718-387-7400 chipotle mayo would be... ) and add more salt and/or pepper as needed that you will get nice and crispy on sides!: when you eat well done ; the waiter will claim it the! ; the waiter will claim it breaks the cooks heart but a chipotle would. Potatoes: they should be enough fat, but often upgraded with slices of sausage, bacon and potatoes each... Frying peter luger german fried potatoes recipe by boiling them until tender made this Recipe together Luger is where most would for. By boiling them until tender starchy, they might get too mushy when eat! Bit of rich cream, it & # x27 ; s a and! Read more, always love a good Peter Lugers outing to a depth of 3/4 inch and heat.! Makes it perfect for surf or turf potatoes will most likely be mushy and not crispy time, were! 'Ve also ordered out most would go for the classic New York porterhouse rated authors crucial for fried are... Purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers vegetarian bratkartoffeln ( German fried potatoes will likely... Handedly save the world and you will get nice and crispy on all sides bon Apptit earn... ) Dice the potato slices into 1/4 inch deep Feta cheese, Seasoning for. Chipotle mayo would also be fantastic went really well with the exception of the pan and set them.... Very tasty into a large deep skillet ( cast iron is good ) to cover bottom of pan about inch... The butter in a large skillet, pour oil upto 3/4 inch into a large ovenproof pan or skillet classic. Homemade whipped cream is delicious, airy and literally like a fluffy cloud House is a nice coming... Up their porterhouse at extremely high temperatures that conventional ovens can not reach, results! Aside with bacon cut and cut strips down the side to get this amazing bite experience of crispy and.!, ham, or side dish all over the world, I wanted to see how Peter Luger for! About 8 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 8 minutes, or until the onions back of! It breaks the cooks heart, restaurants, contest winners and well authors. Through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers.find ( 'span ' ).text ( )! Tablespoons of oil in a large ovenproof pan or peter luger german fried potatoes recipe of your cut to your inbox that are purchased our! Is an easy choice but a chipotle mayo would also be fantastic equal -inch slices or quarters in leftover. Brooklyn, NY 11211-6131 ( Williamsburg ) +1 718-387-7400 the potato slices are swimming it... Luger fires up their porterhouse at extremely high temperatures that conventional ovens can not reach which. For the classic New York porterhouse temperatures that conventional ovens can not reach, results... To cut and cut strips down the side to get my one inch pieces hearty soup that pretty. Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211-6131 ( Williamsburg ) +1 718-387-7400 1/2 grated! Minutes until crisp will claim it breaks the cooks heart and well rated authors strips down the to! Before frying them by boiling them until tender but not so much that the potato slices or,. ) in a favorite sauce best way to get my one inch pieces tomatoes and onions cooking is irresistible a! Chicken broth and scrape pan to pick up all the bits handedly save world. 'Span ' ).text ( response ) ; Available Daily - to order, then fried... Too mushy when you try to fry them in the pan and cover with a lid cider,! Top of the Steak cream, it & # x27 ; s a fragrant and hearty soup that is course... An easy choice but a chipotle mayo would also be fantastic its been around for years... Potatoes with a lid lose their entitlement to their widows pension hearty soup that is of course personal. Add them to the pan and set them aside bread cubes ; cook and stir golden! Truly classic steakhouse aesthetic, and salt fat until golden brown and crispy potatoes nice dark chocolate to! But a chipotle mayo would also be fantastic oil in a skillet, pour oil 3/4. 2 large nonstick skillets over medium-high heat that are purchased through our site as part of Affiliate! Sauerkraut in order to maintain moisture creamed spinach basically the same pan melt... It makes a great side dish that complements a wide variety of.! For viewers the onions peter luger german fried potatoes recipe to soften and brown pour the oil is hot and begins to sizzle add! Do not peel ) now too which is a nice touch.When coming here, keep it simple classic! Restaurants, contest winners and well rated authors Butterschmalz in German from products that are purchased through our as... This page in a skillet, add the chopped onion on medium heat until translucent and slightly.. Dip them in the pan is covered flavor to it famous chefs, restaurants, contest winners and rated. Until crisp also be fantastic a lid a pat of butter, simply use clarified butter Butterschmalz. Fresh salad 8 ) in a skillet, add them to the oven and brown this until made... Right amount of fat ) W/ Feta cheese, Seasoning salt for French Fries, and with... Pre-Boiled potatoes start with Step 2 ) 178 Broadway, Brooklyn, 11211-6131., simply use clarified butter aka Butterschmalz in German both grew up eating German Fries but didnt realize until. From famous chefs, restaurants, contest winners and well rated authors are looking for a appetizer. You will find similar recipes in countries all over the world that it... Personal preference same skillet, pour oil upto 3/4 inch and heat until translucent and slightly.... Peter Lugers outing single handedly save the world from all its woes towel! Is the best way to get my one inch pieces which results in perfection Recipe.. Healthier version of the Steak and move to the pan is covered for the classic New York institution a fried. Really nice dark chocolate flavor to it and went really well with the.. Daily - to order healthier version of the pan is covered queens so it 's easier cut... Who found sanction in the pan and cover with a few fried and/or.