Deckhands: On a commercial in-shore vessel, the deckhands can work anywhere from 5 hours to 16 hours per day and will normally get a day off during the week, especially if returning home each day. Just not read your article on the Panama Canal, going on that cruise Dec. 20 thru Jan 4 in a few days. Please check the website again by October 5, when I have the next assignment schedule in. DAY 7 A note from the captain saying the cruise will end early, in Chile. 10 positive effects of population growth on economic development I see that he will be our captain on Koningsdam next month. I was sorry to hear that some of our officers are being let go, together with H.D.s and so on, down the line . I had Captain Alex on Summit. Expectations of Cruise Ship Employees. Your personal data will be processed and information from your device (cookies, unique identifiers, and other device data) may be stored by, accessed by and shared with third party vendors, or used specifically by this site or app. CC Help Jenn The captain listed is Captain Wouter van Hoogdalem, but there is no biography about him. WE look forward to our, sailing with you! Dream/Fantasy; Magic/Wonder; Disney Wish; Cruise Planning. I find no mention of Captain Dag Dvergastein (I think Im spelling that correctly). Steve Macbeath left the company last November. There are thousands of people milling about on a cruise ship, and at times there is criminal activity or nuisance calls. And will eventually return into the rotation. He was the Captain on both of my Oosterdam cruises in 2008 and in 2011. I absolutely love cruising with my favorite ports of call being in the Caribbean. Currently at home with the fleet in lay up. There are many factors that affect this average salary: Experience: A cruise ship captain earns more as they gain more experience. Captain Resn van Eerten will be on there, but he is only sailing 3 months a year on the ships, as together with Captain Jeroen Baijens he also rotates for lecturing through our training facility in Almere. Cruise-ship work schedules can be exhausting, but for some employees, the prospect of a 9-to-5 office job is more intimidating than the demands of working on a cruise ship. Im cruising on the Eurodam, once again, to Alaska on 9/21/2019, still no Captain listed for that cruise Any ideas? I have just returned from Voyage of the Vikings and somehow I am not getting recent information on your daily blog. Captain Albert, The following monthly cruise ship calendar is updated frequently using the latest official itineraries released by P&O Cruises. Capt Bart Vaartjes is on secondment to Seabourn and Capt. Find a Cruise Vacation. Even if they go with very little or no sleep for several weeks at a time, they can look forward to the subsequent 10 weeks of relaxation. For me, Captain Albert Schoonderbeek: I am currently at home. I will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November, but I do not see Jeroen van Donselaars biography. Gerdina, I have just uploaded my finalized schedule for the remainder of the year under, https://www.captainalbert.com/my-sailing-schedule-2/. The Holland America Line recipient of the Presidents Leadership award, Veendam Employee of the Month of December 2008, A Gentlemens cruise to the opening of the Kieler Kanal, Notes for the Reader & My sailing Schedule. but I heard a few ports have stopped receiving cruise ships in French Caledonia, including Isles des Pins which is one of my favorite stops. Thanks, Mary Beth Burns. Happy New Year and thank you for keeping this blog. In an industry dominated by men, Captain Kate McCue is making waves as the first American female captain of a mega cruise ship. We got off the Koningsdam on the Nov. 24 2019 to Dec. 4 2019 cruise. I hope it will work out. Our captain (mr. Darrin Bowland) informed us on the last day of some funny details regarding this trip (o.a. Captain Scott is on leave, and I do not have his next sailing dates yet, hence the listing is incomplete. When you work in this industry, where you are largely responsible for the navigation and upkeep of a vessel, you have to consider that working conditions and working hours might not always be ideal and to your liking. (He doesnt appear to be on the Eurodam anymore, or anywhere on your list.). Frank van der Hoeven. The question we can not answer is when the shore side protocols will allow for this to make it a smooth operation to get to the ship. What is the situation with Captain Jeroen Schuchmann? arriving in FLL on Oct. 18th. My name is Ryan. Yes I will be, see the response to the email of your wife. As of today I have not found Sybe de Boers assignment. He has an interesting history, worked for Royal and took out some of their new ships before moving to HAL 12 (?) Year built: N/A: Passengers: 930: Tracker Itineraries Deck . . That can also be done. He should now be on the Koningsdam. Enjoy your blog and all the information you present. Captain Bayens is rotating out of the Fleet Captain schedule in due course. We are a 5 Star Mariner & a 4 Star Mariner. Mijn dank voor de interesse voor mijn blog. For the schedules, each captain sails 6 months a year. Thanks a lot and really enjoy your readings! can approve you bringing it on board, not using it. Oh, and my first sailing on the Summit about 4 years ago was with Captain Kate. Captain Willems is sailing on board the Zaandam at the moment. We have sailed with Holland America many times beginning in summer 2000 on the Statendam, which we learned was her last season before being sent elsewhere. Generate your own. thank you for your comment. This is a huge responsibility to undertake, and there are many moving parts involved. We miss reading your additions and updates. That is a Dutch license issue. I remember he had a little fender bender in Vancouver a couple of years ago. We hope that he may attend a Meet & Mingle with our group and would like to know a little bit about him. Ill even make my own bed if itll help. Although we only catch a glimpse of the captain occasionally, and may hear him speak to a group on just a couple of occasions, we like him as Captain and are looking forward to seeing (or at least hearing) him again. Captains Welcome Reception | Cruise Ship Activities | Royal Caribbean Cruises. Bob T. The company estimates that it will take at least a month, to get sufficient crew on board to provide the normal service. Shortcodes are frequently used to keep secret what is truly happening on the ship. CC Help Jenn A good day is not working over 10 hours. De situatie die u beschrijft heeft daar gelukkig niets mee vandoen. (all R-class vessels) - upgrades total cost USD 50 million, Insignia 2018 (November 18 - December 6), Freeport Bahamas. As captain, she's in charge of navigation, operations, safety, passenger service and 1,220 crew members. Captain Frank van der Hoeven 20 Nov. 2019 15 Feb. 2020. Captain Roberts did us the honor of inviting us to the captains table one evening, where we had the double honor of dining with both captains, and had interesting and enjoyable conversations with them both. What Is the Future Outlook for this Position? We'll send you a weekly newsletter to your inbox. Together with my husband Henk Rosenquist I had a wonderful cruise on MS Koningsdam (stateroom 5028) leaving Rome October 3r. Thank you for your prompt reply (which I just now read)! UnMe4ever2gether, October 6, 2021 in Celebrity Cruises. 31 days, one-way from Melbourne to Singapore, 7 days, round-trip Western Caribbean with Mexico, 7 days, round-trip Dubai Abu Dhabi Qatar, 10 days, one-way from Colon to Puntarenas, 7 days, round-trip Eastern Caribbean Perfect Day, 7 days, round-trip Olivia 50th Anniversay Caribbean Cruise II, 14 days, round-trip Panama Canal Central America. Designated Duty Engineer: This position sometimes requires you to work in 2 shifts of 4 hours each per day to perform various engine checks, but you will also work 8 to 16 hours or more 7 days per week depending on what vessel you are employed on and how long you are at sea for. There is a complete musical chair happening going with several captains moving and at least one retiring. You are allowed to bring HAM radios on board. I am sure HAL and its corporate staff were involved in the outcome and glad that that saga ended without anyone contracting the disease. Q1: Did the Westerdam get her dry dock update last month? I can already hear him saying Wash those hands! I know they all say it, but no one can say it quite as he does. There are many variables when it comes to what the typical salary of a cruise ship captain is. Captain Baijens is currently at our simulator in Holland in Almere as an instructor. MIAMI, Oct. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Exciting news today, as Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announced Captain Kate McCue, the first American female cruise ship. Time to fill us in. I hope this helps, sorry to dissapoint you but I hope that you will have a wonderful cruise and congratulations with you anniversary. I didn't mind her. Viking Saturn. Also some HAL captains are currently having assignments with Seabourn. My boys are looking forward to meeting Captain Albert and exploring this beautiful ship! Thanks (you do a great job my friend). I will be returning to Alaska on a cruise onboard the Koningsdam with my husband! He was very funny with his announcements which were memorable! Traditionally a captain must always 'go down with the ship' meaning that the captain shouldn't leave the ship until the last person on board has left. We did a transatlantic crossing on the Prinsendam in 2015 under the command of Captain Tim Roberts, and Captain Dvergastein was also onboard for a handover that was to take place on our arrival in Ft. Lauderdale. 866-562-7625. you spoke of. Anxious about the July 30 trip Voyage of the Vikings, and also back on the Nieuw Statendam middle of October. Very much enjoyed sailing on Nieuw Statendam with Captain Noel Driscoll. Unless it's Capt Kate. We are sailing on the Apex October 2022. We have sailed with him several times and he is the most passenger friendly captain we have ever sailed with. I certainly hope that there will be one and I keep pushing to get one. Ultimate World Cruise THE MOST EPIC ADVENTURE EVER The Ultimate World Cruise takes you on a cultural exploration unlike any other. When at sea for long periods of time the shift extends to weekends and holidays as well. However, there are many opportunities for advancement if you are good. Dont like the one with the initials S D. I think a there is a shoulder replacement or operation that will be required from theconstant selfback patting. Started June 21, 2021, By Yes unfortunately that long time thread was removed and the member running it was banned from Celebrity ships. PROTOCOLS UPDATE Vaccination & testing no longer required for most guests. Thank you very much. "My tip to make the most of your time aboard make sure you have at least one day at sea. At that very moment we were on deck and I had no pen/paper to register all this info. Plus, captains need to ensure maritime safety regulations and protocols are met.