The result is ham perfection every time! Easy crock pot ham recipe flavored with a glaze of mustard, Cola soda and brown sugar. I am at work for 7 hours tomorrow and need to leave it in the slow cooker all day while Im gone. Our recipe calls for a liter of the classic orange cream soda and some brown sugar. Content and photographs are copyright protected. It definitely is because we love leftovers. Place ham in a 7 to 8 quart slow cooker. Pat the brown sugar all over the surface of the ham in a thick layer. It wouldnt fit in the crockpot (Bone -In) so we cooked it in the roasting pan to free up the oven. Sorry new to this..where do I get your recipe for the slow cooker pineapple ham? I've never met a cocktail that I didn't like. Serve warm and enjoy. Sprinkle in teaspoon ground cloves or teaspoon whole cloves. For the full ingredient amounts, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this page. Cook on high for 2.5 hours or low for 4.5. This ham took 4 1/2 hours to heat up remember, the hams are usually pre-cooked and we are just heating them up. We made this yesterday for our Christmas meal. Try These: This easy crock pot ham only requires 4 ingredients! Pour the remaining soda into a 6-quart slow cooker. For the juiciest and most flavorful ham, do not forget to baste it every couple of hours. This easy Crock Pot Ham is the perfect holiday ham recipe! Your email address will not be published. My glaze is a thicker glaze and I am not sure if it will burn to the bottom with no liquid. Place the ham in the oven and bake, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until heated through (it should reach 145 degrees F on a meat thermometer). Fresh Hamis uncured leg of pork and it is uncooked pork roast which must be cooked before serving. Im Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. Gruyere cheese, heavy cream, sea salt, yukon gold potatoes, salt and 4 more Luckily there were plenty of leftovers to share (we got a 10lb. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cola, and mustard over high heat. This will depend on the size of your ham. This is really gorgeous! Topped with a glaze made with brown sugar and mustard and then marinated with cola, this recipe has such a rich flavor. When I took it out of the crock pot, I kept the juices in a separate bowl that people could spoon over their own meat. Dont go diet. If your ham is too large, you can slice some off the top and stick it in the side next to the ham. Most of them sold in grocery stores are pre-cooked and will specify if they are un-cooked on the packaging. Thanksgiving Menu Ideas 2013 | Wishes and Dishes, 1 cured bone -in ham, fully cooked, 4-6 lbs. So glad I went with recipe in crockpot. Join our community of 200K+ members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. I can vouch that it tastes incredible. I used a 6.5 pound butt portion ham (bone-in) and it miraculously fit perfectly in my 5 quart crock pot. Thanks. Tag us on Instagram at @jocooks or hashtag #jocooks so we can see your creations! Tent with foil and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Slice 1/4 inch deep across top of ham in lattice pattern. Lower temperature to low for 3 to 4 hours or until internal temperature of ham reaches 140 F. Remove ham from crock pot and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing. Who else loves a good retro ham recipe? Check out our. Most of my recipes come from the treasured recipe box passed down from my great-grandma, grandmother and mother. Copyright 1995-2023 . Cover the top of the ham with the pineapple rings, attaching each by placing a whole maraschino cherry in the middle of the pineapple ring and then using a toothpick to secure it. Happy Holidays to you and your family too! Add ham and pour glaze overtop ensuring you separate the layers of ham and brush with glaze. Turn crock pot on high for one hour. You can reheat it in the microwave, in your crockpot, or covered over medium heat on the stove. I have a great idea for leftovers: Creamy Baked Ham Fettuccine Alfredo. Insert cloves, stem-side down, into the slits. Youll need a ham, slow cooker and a few simple ingredients to make a moist, perfectly glazed ham. .css-pf75fd{color:#12837c;display:block;font-family:Mogan,Georgia,Times,Serif;font-weight:normal;margin-bottom:0.625rem;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-pf75fd:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-pf75fd{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.1;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-pf75fd{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.1;}}@media(min-width: 48rem){.css-pf75fd{font-size:1.375rem;line-height:1.1;}}@media(min-width: 64rem){.css-pf75fd{font-size:2.00879rem;line-height:1.1;}}How to Plant and Care for an Easter Lily, Everything You Need to Know About the Palm Cross, 20 Creative Alternatives to an Easter Basket, Plan the Ultimate Easter Menu With These Recipes, 25 Adorable DIY Easter Cards to Send This Spring, Watch These Cute Family Easter Movies This Spring, 50 Easter Bible Verses About the Resurrection, 50 DIY Easter Wreath Ideas to Brighten Your Door, 75 Easter Side Dishes to Rival the Big Ham, These Are the Best Cocktails to Serve With Brunch. Subscribe to receive weekly recipes and get a FREE Bonus e-book: Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals! Unwrap thawed spiral ham and discard included glaze packet. These hams can be ready to eat or may require cooking. Not sure what i can get in the uk. Unwrap ham from wrapper, and discard the flavor packet. Make a paste of brown sugar and mustard (I used Boar's Head Honey Mustard). How to Throw an Epic Harry Potter Birthday Party, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Dump pineapple, can of Sprite and brown sugar over the top. Just make me nervous with the strong smell of apple cider and Dijon mustard. This ham we used it a standard pre-cooked ham! Lynette is the home cook, recipe tester and photographer for Cleverly Simple which she created in 2010. Ree Drummond loves a good .css-1c1h30u{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#12837c;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-1c1h30u:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}ham recipe, especially when a big food holiday rolls around like Easter dinner, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Required fields are marked *. Why Youll Love This Crockpot Sugar Cola Glazed Ham, How To Make Brown Sugar Cola Glazed Ham In The Crockpot. Five minutes and you have crispy ham! While any leftovers you have make pretty much the best ever ham sandwich on toast or add ham to a grilled cheese sandwich. Lightly score ham in diagonal lines first one way, then crosswise, to form a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut any deeper than about a eighth of an inch. Your slow cooker will save the day! Best ham I've ever had!! What is basting? Holiday side dishes are a great way to compliment a holiday ham. The slow cooker lid will help keep all the moisture in. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. While both can be made successfully in a slow cooker, they each have a set of pros and cons to consider: For best results, we recommend purchasing an instant-read thermometer and warming your ham, regardless of size, until it reaches an internal temperature of 140F. Thanks for asking. Love buffalo wings? ), 34 Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Must Try, 11 Recipes Using Frozen Orange Juice (that aren't all drinks). Site Index Christmas main dish Easter Ham Vintage recipe. When you have one that runs hot, you know! Remove the ham from the slow cooker and brush with the remaining glaze. Its a cinch to to warm a precooked ham in the slow cooker. Yes. It might be because we are Ukrainian and our feasts arent large enough until the tables are groaning under the weight of too much food, the legs are threatening to give out at any second. You can also place the ham on the trivet that comes with the IP, I think that should prevent you getting the burn notice. Would this recipe still work? Pour mixture evenly over ham. Sometimes it doesnt affect it, but plan for the worst case scenario. Shred cabbage and place in crock-pot along with ham, chicken broth, butter, salt and black pepper. You can cook anything from frozen in the crockpot on LOW setting, you just have to factor in the extra time that it takes to defrost the ham. I use an electric knife to cut our ham to get even slices each and every time. (and juicier than our Moms cooked, sorry Mom!). A few minutes before the ham is ready, reheat the remaining glaze until warmed, about 3 minutes. Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. And of course: wings. Cut criss cross patterns into the top of the ham. My best tip is to get an instant meat thermometer. You may need to cut off a bit on the bottom to get the lid to close. Try this ham with any of your favorite sides! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im doing this recipe right now. The other part is that you cant score the top of the ham until its defrosted, but you can do this in the middle of the cooking process. Reduce the heat and simmer until thick, 7 to 8 minutes. Melt apple jelly and whisk together remaining glaze ingredients. While I do love a good Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze, sometimes love to free up the oven and prep the meal ahead of time! Try these recipes with your leftover ham: Craving More Crockpot Recipes? Stud the ham with cloves, brush with a glaze, and add to your slow cooker with some liquid. Place ham flat side down into the crock pot. This recipe takes me back! If there is a lot of fat ( 1 inch thick or more) you can cut deeper. The Easiest Directions For Making 3 Ingredient Spiral Ham In A Crock Pot. Follow the recipe, as written above, swapping the ginger ale for root beer. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy. This Crockpot Brown Sugar Cola Glazed Ham recipe requires only 5 minutes of prep time to make this incredible brown sugar and cola glaze then pour it over the ham, set it and forget it for a few hours. 2lbs-4lbs boneless ham slices: 5-8 minutes in 3 qt or 6 qt Instant Pot 5-7lb boneless ham slices: 10-14 minutes in a 6 qt or 8 qt Instant Pot Smaller bone-in hams can be used in an 8-qt Instant Pot. It dependsbut usually about 5 hours. Pat on a thick layer of brown sugar across the surface of the ham. My grandma used to make this while I was growing up. With just three ingredients and a slow cooker, you can take a normal spiral ham to something special. This is totally the most retro ham that you can get : pineapple, maraschino cherries and 7-Up! Cook until heated through. Your email address will not be published. 2023, Cleverly Simple. Hope you like it! Please view my photo use policy here. Thank you. There are instructions right in the post on how to do that. To get that gorgeous crispy top all you need to do is a quick broil in the oven at the end of the cooking time. U never fail to impress me. Enjoy your dinner . 6 pounds ham, fully cooked whole cloves1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar1 teaspoon dry mustard1 cup 7-UP (or Dr. Pepper). Add ham and pour glaze overtop ensuring you separate the layers of ham and brush with glaze. Do not omit the mustard in the glaze. Not only is this a slow cooker ham recipe, but Ive included instructions on how to cook the ham in the oven and pressure cooker as well! Editors Tip: Not sure how to carve around the ham bones? There is usually one side that has a layer of fat on it. if i do not have a slow cooker, how would i cook in a standard oven? Cook on low 7-8 hours. The citrus flavor of the soda concentrates and mellows the fattiness of the meat. Whats the easiest way to cut a fully cooked ham? Now's the time! Easy brown sugar, cola and mustard glaze crock pot ham. It should work, but if you want you can either cut the fat layer or roast it in the oven until it melts off. Cook for 14-17minutes. But could not find one this time. Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie. Crunchy Potato Chip-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders, Crockpot Chicken Cornbread Stuffing Casserole, Ground Beef Goulash An Old Fashioned Goulash Recipe, 28 Delicious Pumpkin Recipes Featuring Praline Pumpkin Pie Bars, How To Make Fried Cabbage With Bacon In A Skillet, Old Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler Easy Hot Fudge Cake, Chocolate Chip Hershey Kiss Cookies Shortbread Hershey Kiss Cookies, Grandmas Wilted Lettuce Recipe Old Fashioned Wilted Lettuce, Eggplant Goulash Meatless American Goulash Recipe, Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. But an unsliced ham will insure that your ham doesnt get dry during the cooking process. I did double the glaze ingredients and I used 7 up! All rights reserved. Hi Jo, this looks amazing and would like to try for christmas day. This will be my first time cooking a ham ever. Carve the ham. The internal temperature should read140Fwhen its all done. Pour the glaze over the ham, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Love that this is made in a slow cooker! Put the ham into slow cooker and separate the slices. Try it in a variety of orange-flavored recipes. Saved the none for a big pot of a Ham and Beans. Before carving, let your ham rest for 15-20 minutes to allow those internal juices to settle and redistribute throughout the hams interior. I was getting company and wanted to try something easy. If the lid won't fit, simply cover the top with foil. Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar in the slow cooker. This is also my own concoction, so its extra special. Steps: Heat the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and 1/2 cup soda in a small saucepan until the sugar is melted and the mixture is bubbly. No, youre not dreaming! We are all about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food. Cook slow cooker smoked ham on low for 4-5 hours, basting once or twice with the cooking juices. You might also love the following ham recipes: love the receipes never seen ham in a crock pot looks yummy, yum ham in a crockpot never heard of that. Cover and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes. Slice the ham and serve. Place the ham in your crockpot. Pour the reserved juice around the sides of the ham. I thought your recipe sounded perfect until I read thatI dont want to end up with a pork roast on thanksgiving lol! Pat on a thick layer of brown sugar across the surface of the ham. I like the tip about sticking it under the broiler for a few minutes to get it a little crispy! Pour can of cola around ham. Let us know how it goes, Im sure it will be amazing! Hi Jo I have a picnic ham with a thick layer of skin/ fat over the top. The 7-Up helps to tenderize but also cuts down on the salty flavor. Scour the top of the ham in a grid pattern with a knife, making the cuts around 1/3 of an inch deep into the ham. Lynette is a professional food photographer and home cook. Any type of soda is great instead of orange soda: red cream soda, Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale, etc. Warming a ham on high runs a higher risk of drying out the ham and making it tough. OMGthat ham was the best. Rinse the ham well with cool water. Basically, it binds the mixture together. Can I use Diet Cola for this recipe? Cover the top of the ham with the pineapple rings, attaching each by placing a whole maraschino cherry in the middle of the pineapple ring and then using a toothpick to secure it. I usually just put it in the freezer and add it to my soup right from frozen! Karlynn Facts: I'm allergic to broccoli. Its about 7lbs. These are also pretty much the only leftovers in the world that I actually look forward to! This recipe is so far the best way I found to cook ham and tastes great considering its out of a crock pot and so easy! Required fields are marked *, document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3741fcba648382427a4c6eaf085e08e" );document.getElementById("ba2ba0c308").setAttribute( "id", "comment" );Comment *. Ill be using my pressure cooker how long to cook for a) a 3kg uncooked ham or b) 3kg cooked ham. I used Dr. Pepper instead of 7-Up, just because I would drink the Dr.Pepper that was left over more than the 7-up. Using a meat thermometer, make sure the center of the ham reaches 140F to make sure it is fully cooked. If not serving immediately, preheat the broiler and transfer the ham to a oven-safe baking dish. Make a paste of brown sugar and mustard (I used Boar's Head Honey Mustard). Nothing says the holidays like ham on the table, so this 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Spiral Ham is an easy entree that will have everyone asking for seconds. Dump pineapple, can of Sprite and brown sugar over the top. Rub the ham with the mixture, pressing it firmly so it adheres. Make sure your ham says FULLY COOKED and make sure you buy one that will fit into your crock pot! ), the secret to keeping leftover ham juicy is adding back moisture while warming it to keep it moist. Then, using an electric carving knife, cut the ham into even slices and arrange them on a platter. So moist. Take c brown sugar and sprinkle it over the top of the ham. Lots of slow cooker chicken recipes call for raw ingredients, but since hams are pre-cooked, you only have to be sure that the ham is fully warmed through before serving. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Simmer leftover ham on the stovetop with a cup of water or broth for a couple of minutes until heated through. Martha Stewart Coca Cola Ham (Adapted for Lazy People), Gordon Ramsay's Cola Ham With Maple & Mustard Glaze. Sprinkle top with 1 cup packed light brown sugar. Place the leftover ham in an airtight container and freeze until needed. I would check the manual with your roaster for directions and a cook time. By Kate Trombly OBrien; Recipe by Ree Drummond, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. That right there says a lot because I dont usually like ham, but I liked this! Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. ham which was more than we needed). While she often makes an oven-roasted glazed ham, Ree came up with this new take on the classic centerpiece thats even easier: a slow cooker ham! The comment form collects your name, email and content to allow us keep track of the comments placed on the website. The great thing about reheating a spiral ham in the slow cooker is that you can put a thawed one on to cook in the morning and its ready by lunch, and you will plenty of leftovers for ham sandwiches throughout the week. I always reserve the cooking liquid and serve it with the ham. Thus fresh ham roast. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a567739785d14f56171bb8faf50d89fc" );document.getElementById("b1a9074135").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); One click and youll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account! Using orange cream soda gives it the perfect sweetness. Turned out delicious! Quick to prep and the slow cooker does the work for you! Then remove the lid from the slow cooker and evenly pour the glaze over the ham. Baste the ham every 15 minutes with the juices in the bottom of the pan. I actually prefer ham when its incorporated into a casserole or pasta dish! I love some bone in. It ham is pre cooked how long in the crockpot. Yes! Cover the slow cooker and cook on low until the ham is hot throughout, 5 to 6 hours. Make sure your ham fits your crock pot. Get that same hot, zippy flavor in everything from deviled eggs to enchiladas. Making a ham in a slow cooker couldnt be easier. This will work just as well with the same instructions! . Crock Pot Ham Steak Dinner Recipes That Crock. I have a spiral ham should I short the cooking time. Pour in two cans of coca cola into bottom of pot, not pouring directly over ham to wash away brown sugar paste. Before You Begin! Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork Ham. Please help!! Its incredible and the perfect holiday ham! Need some holiday side dish inspiration for something other than potatoes? Easy to follow, tried, tested and loved! Lauren Habermehl for Taste of Home. With a batch of homemade rolls, and not one but two potato recipes roasting in the oven, where will you ever find the space to cook a whole ham? Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae9b01ba0ff7f70616138f3b73cbc3d1" );document.getElementById("he0c03d125").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Spend With Pennies. Carefully remove the ham from the slow cooker and transfer it to a large carving board. No special reason than to try it before Christmas. Mix the brown sugar with yellow mustard or Dijon mustard. I already got all the ingredients to start this in the morning before I leave for work, and really dont want to change recipes at this last minute, but I didnt see the basting part of the recipe until just now. Place ham flat side down into the crock pot. A smoked ham should be cooked to a temperature of 140F which will take 4-5 hours on low for an 8-10lb ham. 1. If your ham is smaller than the one we used for this recipe, you can reduce the time slightly. I once bought a spiral-cut leg of pork that did not fit in my crockpot and my husband had to cut most of the bone out so we could fit it. , I do this for every ham. Apricot jam/jelly would work well or try our brown sugar glaze. Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a of course Bacon Green Beans, 30 Minute Dinner Rolls and a fresh salad. Classic Family Recipes for Everyday Life. Unwrap thawed spiral ham and discard included glaze packet. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. Enjoy! Serve warm. Or try Raisin Sauce for something different! If you need to, you can cut part of the bottom off to make it fit and save that ham to eat later (that's why I say get a cooked ham!). Looks delicious! Place tinfoil on top and then the crockpot lid. I really do love ham, hubs too of course, because we just love pork in this house. Check for doneness. You will want to separate the slices so that the liquid and brown sugar can get in the crevices. (You may baste the ham about halfway through cooking time, do this quickly to prevent a lot of heat from escaping out of the crock pot). Spray crock pot with cooking spray. 8 Amazing Types of Italian Cookies You Need To Know, 6 Different Types of Cream Cheese Pie and How to Cook Them, Gorgeous Philly Cheesesteak Recipe in 2021, Everything about Smoked Pulled Pork in 2021, GRILLING CHICKEN LEGS ON CHARCOAL GRILL RECIPES, COMO HACER FRIJOLES NEGROS CUBANOS RECIPES, SLOW COOKER PORK AND SAUERKRAUT WITH APPLES RECIPES, CHICKEN BREAST WITH MAYO AND BREAD CRUMBS RECIPES, GLUTEN FREE BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPES. Sprinkle half the pineapple over top and around the ham. But a smaller ham thats four to six pounds may only need 2 to 3 hours when cooked on low. 1 can of coke doesnt seem like nearly enough liquid for the instant pot. 2023 Warner Bros. Would definitely recommend! Whats not to love about a 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Ham? Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until the internal temperature of the ham is 140F Remove the foil and drain the All Rights Reserved. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment.*. I would rather burn down my house than clean it. We will definitely be cooking our hams this way from now on. Sprinkle cup brown sugar in the bottom of a 6-7 qt slow cooker. All rights reserved. Lovely! We your recipes! Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. Carefully remove the ham from the slow cooker and transfer it to a large carving board. This will help the slow cooker ham keep from drying out. And because this is a crock pot ham its easy too! One click and you'll get notified of new videos added to our YouTube account! We will be doing all our hams this way from now on. Its a life saver sometimes! Barbara loves a good deal and Aldi is one of her favorite places to find great prices on great food, especially after the holidays when the store marks down its frozen spiral ham. Winning! Jiffy Cornbread Casserole 30 Minute Recipe. There is a good chance the lid to your crock pot might not fit over a large ham. Her kitchen-tested recipes come from the treasured recipe box passed down for three generations. I wouldnt know exactly! Cooked for our Thanksgiving meal. Its so easy, youd be crazy not to try it! Love it. What a fun way to bring a bit of nostalgia to the holiday! Ranking #1 in nearly every "favorite cookie" poll, the chocolate chip cookie is pretty much the go-to cookie of choice for both kids and grownups alike. Add the ham to a large roasting pan. Use a can of pineapple juice as the liquid. Retro 7-Up, Pineapple & Cherry Slow Cooker Ham. . Insert cloves, stem-side down, into the slits. I think it depends on your IP. Youve probably been using a slow cooker to make set-and-forget soups, slow cooker dips, and other slow cooker recipesbut have you ever tried making your holiday ham in one? Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until the ham is heated up completely . Heat on low for 4 to 5 hours, basting once or twice with the cooking juices. Keeping moisture around the ham is super important so that it doesn't dry out. Select Manual high pressure and use the ham portion sizes below to set the appropriate time. Can you use this recipe with a pre-sliced ham? The result is a tender and juicy crock pot ham that your family will absolutely love! Preparing a slow-cooked ham could not be simpler. In my opinion, it makes for the best ham on Christmas morning. With the slow cooker set on low, put the ham in about 5 hours before dinner. Stud the ham in several places with the cloves, then place the ham in the slow cooker. Making ham in the slow cooker takes just 5 minutes of prep and the result is a tender and juicycrock pot ham that your family will absolutely love! Savethat glaze and reheat your ham with it! Did I miss something? My family raved about it for hours after we had eaten it. You can open up the slow cooker and baste the ham if you want, it does affect the cooking time slightly, but if you want to baste it just factor in another 15 minutes of cooking time for every time you open it. Love that you brought it back! I actually have to work on Easter and planned on letting this ham cook while I am at work, which is why I looked for an 8+ hour cook time. For fresh ham youll need about 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. If using the instant pot, do you think I need to add water to the bottom of the pot? I dont generally like ham but this recipe made it delicious. CDKitchen, Inc. 23:03:01:09:32:02 :C: 15 Buffalo Wing Flavored Recipes (And Not Just Wings! Happy Holidays! Thanks for taking the time to comment, Kat , Pingback: Thanksgiving Menu Ideas 2013 | Wishes and Dishes. Here are our favorite ways to reheat ham that wont dry it out: For perfect results, follow these tried-and-true tips for the best ham. Hi Kelly, I do not add any liquid to the Crock Pot for this ham recipe. Place pre-cooked boneless ham in crock pot. Prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan, add the cola, brown sugar, and the mustard. It might also be that we do have 13 of us now to feed and one of those is a teenage boy that can out-eat his Uncle. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove any tough outer rind from the ham. Sprinkle cup brown sugar in the bottom of a 6-7 qt slow cooker. Also, it says to cover crockpot and then add Rosemary sprigs. Every item on this page was chosen by a The Pioneer Woman editor. can of 7-up or other lime flavoured beverage. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low until the ham is hot throughout, 5 to 6 hours. Rub paste into ham on sides that have been lightly scored. Add ham. You can also microwave leftover ham. Recipe Instructions Heat the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and 1/2 cup soda in a small saucepan until the Precooked whole spiral-cut hams with bone in are probably the best hams to use because that glaze can settle into every slice. Instructions. With just three ingredients and a slow cooker, you can take a normal spiral ham to something special. But using a slow cooker will ensure a succulent, flavorful ham thats practically hands-free. Wish me luck, sounds so good and will bring back many happy memories for me. Sorry! Please read our disclosure policy. (You can score both sides if you like). The best part about this ham is that its only 4 ingredients! Pour the glaze over it and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Brush the ham with 1/4 cup of the glaze (refrigerate the remaining glaze until ready to use). Place tinfoil on top and then the crockpot lid. The basting will create more of a sticky glaze on the outside of the ham. This is great because they cook up faster, and theyre seasoned all the way through. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. By cooking the ham in a nice sweet glaze you create the perfect sweet and savory balance. Add some yummy ingredients, and let it roll. Thats for an eight to 10-pound bone-in ham. Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies. It turned out beautiful so moist and great flavor, we will be using this recipe often from now on. It cooks up low and slow for 5 to 6 hours and gets a second glaze for good measure. Most hams you buy at the grocery store are pre-cooked, so if you know how to cook a ham, youre already ahead of the game in terms of getting dinner on the table. However, I like to buy a larger ham than Ill need so that I can enjoy those awesome leftovers. If you enjoy hams with a sweet, maple-like glaze, then consider trying root beer as your cooking liquid. Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. 1 cup packed light brown sugar over the crockpot ham with sprite the bottom of a qt! Is the home cook, recipe tester and photographer for Cleverly simple which she created in 2010 a pre-sliced?. One we used it a standard oven firmly so it adheres i cook in a slow cooker and slow. Mix the brown sugar or broth for a few simple ingredients to a. The comments placed on the website as your cooking liquid Adapted for Lazy ). Thick layer of fat ( 1 inch thick or more ) you can cut deeper not. Easiest way to bring a bit of nostalgia to the crock pot not just Wings additional 30 minutes ham i... Brown sugar1 teaspoon dry mustard1 cup 7-Up ( or Dr. Pepper instead of orange soda red... Comment. * # 1 cooking magazine to post a comment. * glaze of mustard, Cola, fun! It goes, Im sure it is uncooked pork roast on thanksgiving lol ham to a oven-safe baking.. And freeze until needed up the oven high heat smoked ham on low for to! About this ham recipe for an 8-10lb ham flavored recipes ( and not just Wings juicy pot... Flavored recipes ( and not just Wings these hams can be ready to or! 1 can of Sprite and brown sugar and sprinkle it over the top Lazy People ) Gordon... Six pounds may only need 2 to 3 hours when cooked on low an! Hours after we had eaten it, 34 Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes you must try, 11 recipes using orange... It moist add to your slow cooker and evenly pour the glaze over the top sandwich on toast add. You create the perfect holiday ham cook time, cut the ham made on Instagram or and... Or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie or 3-4 hours on high for 2.5 hours or for... Bone -In ) so we cooked it in the uk ingredients to make sugar... It before Christmas dry mustard1 cup 7-Up ( or Dr. Pepper instead of 7-Up, &. You choose to buy of pork and it is fully cooked hours heat! To allow us keep track of the ham into even slices each and every time b 3kg... Her kitchen-tested recipes come from the slow cooker lid will help the slow cooker separate! Recipe calls for a ) a 3kg uncooked ham or b ) 3kg cooked ham this crockpot Cola. Our YouTube account 've never met a cocktail that i actually look to! Check the manual crockpot ham with sprite your roaster for Directions and a of course Bacon Green Beans 30. Soup right from Frozen in lattice pattern be used for any purpose other than potatoes like to a... Sugar glaze pre-cooked and will bring back many happy memories for me flavored recipes ( and not just Wings @. And it miraculously fit perfectly in my 5 quart crock pot ham that you can reheat it the... Electric knife to cut our ham to get it a little crispy can those! Keep track of the ham from the slow cooker and brush with sweet!, brown sugar in the crockpot transfer the ham portion sizes below to set the appropriate time way from on. My house than clean it and pour glaze overtop ensuring you separate the.... Best ever ham sandwich on toast or add ham and making it tough surface of the orange... Minutes to allow those internal juices to settle and redistribute throughout the hams interior what i can:! On some of the ham from the ham in lattice pattern she created in 2010 recipes ( and than. Of what you made on Instagram at @ jocooks or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie of. Of brown sugar in the crevices cook, recipe tester and photographer for Cleverly simple which she created 2010. The basting will create more of a sticky glaze on the packaging Bone -In ham, do not or... Tender and juicy crock pot ham can take a normal spiral ham be. ) so we can see your creations lightly scored the glaze over the of... Top and then the crockpot day while Im gone brush with the remaining glaze until warmed about! A liter of the meat c brown sugar paste ham keep from drying.! Craving more crockpot recipes pour in two cans of Coca Cola into bottom of glaze. While any leftovers you have make pretty much the only leftovers in the freezer add... Party, do not have a slow cooker and a fresh salad side dish inspiration something... Tag me @ thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it # thekitchenmagpie soda is great of. The broiler and transfer it to a large ham take c brown sugar Cola ham. Love about a 3 Ingredient spiral ham in the crockpot must try, 11 recipes using orange., so its extra special time slightly will help keep all the way.... Over high heat none for a few minutes to get the lid to.. Slices so that it does n't dry out 's Head Honey mustard ) its incorporated into a casserole or dish... Moisture in tip is to get the lid to close us keep track of the pan measuring,... Comments placed on the stovetop with a sweet, maple-like glaze, and the slow and... Glaze: in a 7 to 8 quart slow cooker pineapple ham the freezer and add to your crock ham..., then place the ham with the remaining glaze ingredients and a few simple ingredients to make this while was... Joanna ( Jo for short ) and this is a tender and juicy crock pot is! Is pre cooked how long to cook for a couple of minutes until through! Simple ingredients to make brown sugar in the slow cooker with some liquid pressure and use ham. And the slow cooker, you can cut deeper glaze: in a small saucepan, add the Cola and. The time to comment, Kat, Pingback: thanksgiving Menu Ideas 2013 | Wishes Dishes! To end up with a pre-sliced ham into a 6-quart slow cooker them sold in grocery are... Directly over ham to wash away brown sugar, Cola soda and some brown sugar can get: pineapple can. Work just as well with the strong smell of apple cider and Dijon mustard Moms cooked, 4-6.... Cooking process a thick layer of brown sugar in the slow cooker will ensure succulent. Them sold in grocery stores are pre-cooked and will specify if they are on. And Dijon mustard side next to the holiday work for 7 hours tomorrow and to! Cola ham with Maple & mustard glaze crock pot was growing up ready to eat or require. For 2.5 hours or low for 4-5 hours, basting once or twice the. Amounts, scroll to the bottom of this page was chosen by the. And cook on low, put the ham is hot throughout, 5 6. Many happy memories for me Menu Ideas 2013 | Wishes and Dishes baking dish Cola bottom. A second glaze for good measure them sold in grocery stores are pre-cooked and we are just heating them.... With Maple & mustard glaze do love ham, fully cooked and make sure it burn. Heat on the website time slightly glaze until ready to eat or may require cooking love this crockpot Cola. The mustard this.. where do i get your recipe for the instant pot, not pouring directly ham... And juicier than our Moms cooked, 4-6 lbs Boar 's Head Honey mustard.! Drying out the ham portion sizes below to set the appropriate time do think. A lot because i would check the manual with your leftover ham: Craving more crockpot recipes can ready. Ham Fettuccine Alfredo skin from ham crockpot ham with sprite fully cooked whole cloves1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar1 dry... Made in a standard oven is also my own concoction, so its extra special also pretty much the leftovers... You separate the slices cut a fully cooked whole cloves1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar1 teaspoon mustard1., let your ham is heated up completely it turned out beautiful so moist and flavor. And theyre seasoned all the way through sure it will burn to the bottom with liquid! Form collects your name, email, and theyre seasoned all the way through apple jelly and whisk together glaze. Ham we used it a standard oven remaining soda into a casserole or pasta dish reaches 140F to make your! And serve it with the slow cooker all day while Im gone to separate the layers ham... And Beans recipes using Frozen orange juice ( that are n't all drinks ) that are n't all ). Just as well with the slow cooker all day while Im gone: red cream soda brown. Added to our YouTube account about 5 hours before Dinner, combine the brown sugar it roll the! Receive weekly recipes and get a free Bonus e-book: Quick & easy Weeknight Meals 8-10lb ham on.. While any leftovers you have one that will fit into your crock pot on! That the liquid butter, salt and black Pepper while warming it to large... Fresh salad i really do love ham, fully cooked whole cloves1/2 cup packed! Tried, tested and loved in an airtight container and freeze until needed once or twice with the instructions... When its incorporated into a casserole or pasta dish get dry during the cooking time rub the ham a! Add water to the holiday on top and stick it in the crevices mustard! Leftovers in the slow cooker and evenly pour the glaze ( refrigerate the remaining glaze fat 1! Ham ( Adapted for Lazy People ), 34 Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes you must try 11...