Pro Tip: For the best Dutch oven corned beef and cabbage, cook the meat and vegetables in steps. Why it smells: When oil drips on any part of the exhaust system, it burns. Vacuum-packaged corn beef can safely be stored in the freezer for up to 30 days. This is the super hipster store in Austin. There is a difference between being gluey and being slimy. No matter how you prepare it, you'll be met with a deluge of flavorless grease. See a GP if you're worried about your farting. PRO TIP: Using your knife, slice against the grain, not parallel to it. Generally, and under ideal conditions, beef will last approximately four weeks from the date it was packed. If you make the mistake of using a heap of this spread to make a sandwich, you'll likely be grossed out and wonder why this brand isn't at the bottom of this ranking. If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. The resulting combination will be so spectacular that you will reminisce about it for the rest of the day. While there are other options on the market, this brand does it best. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Also, aside from that eggy smell, bad ground beef can smell like someone just farted after a full day of gobbling on beans and lentils. Cheese. Bad corned beef will often smell like sulfur and feel slimy. Corned beef is a very tasty and nutritious food that can be used in many different recipes. You can use red skinned potatoes, Yukon Golds, or Russet potatoes. In interviews with Yahoo Life, more than 20 COVID-19 patients from a support group called Survivor Corps described distorted smells such as peanut butter smelling like mold as well as . (Basically . A package of corned beef that has not been opened and is still covered in its pickling juices can safely be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. A little skeptical, but we decided to cook it. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Its 100% bad if the package contained gas. It's zero. This is not an uncommon smell for corned beef due to the sodium nitrate used during the curing process. You'll taste a little bit of salt, but that's about the extent of it. It is fermented (put in a salty brine for two months) before the tins are sealed up and sold. In addition to corned beef, itscanned meats selection includes Vienna sausages, cooked ham, and a Spam-like offering. It's very common for cryovac meats to smell when first opening them. Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. The alarm would go off if the temp raised out of range (10* I believe). One explanation is that the beef itself contains sulfur compounds which combine with hydrogen sulfide gas to produce a rotten egg-like scent during boiling. Step 4: Time to Cook. Read More. If you're looking for canned corned beef that tastes like it's homemade, look for Exeter. Drinking game: Every time Patrick McCaffery dribbles to the elbow with no idea what he wants to do next - DRINK! I. f the corned beef has not already been cooked, you can cook it from frozen without thawing it first. Air biscuit. I went ahead and cooked it and it smelled fine when cooking and tasted fine. Rinse it off well, let it dry, and see if it still stinks. Mostly from HEB but some from Kroger, Food Town and ribs once or twice from Wal-Mart. Armour Corned Beef is unbelievably gross. Secondly, whether you prefer corned beef or corned beef hash, Libby's has you covered. How Long is Corned Beef Good for After Sell by Date? Here are six common causes of smelly farts:. Conditions that could cause smelly farts include: Inflammatory bowel disease (IBS), including disorders such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Corned beef has to be eaten no more than a week after the use-by date and sell-by date. How Long Is Corned Beef Good for in the Fridge? The exact answer to this question largely depends on storage and when the corned beef has been cooked, or if it is cooked at all. To make you further regret your purchase, Chef-mate Corned Beef Hash is also extremely greasy. Top 5 Corned Beef Hash Side Dishes You Should Try! While it can be a salty dish, it also has lots of protein, vitamin B12, and iron. The only flavor your taste buds will be able to perceive is a dash of saltiness and that's about the extent of it. What most people dont know is that corned beef can have a very strong, eggy smell to it after sitting out in the fridge overnight. Once you take the time to heat it up, the texture drastically improves and the realistic beef-like flavor emerges. This will help to clear out the smell and also add more flavor to the meat. Although it sounds finger-licking good in theory, Ox & Palm Corned Beef is a major disappointment in real life. Generally speaking, corned beef should smell like the spices it was brined in like peppercorn and bay leaf, but if it smells like rotten eggs or sulfur, or has a gluey surface, dont eat it. It was originally created to preserve meat before refrigeration, but now its used as a delicious meal. That said, it's still a bottom-tier option when compared to other brands of corned beef hash. Its more about bringing people together when times are tough and celebrating the things we have in common, despite our differences, which is why you see so many variations on this dish and how to eat it. Next Page. Reduce heat, cover and add water if necessary to keep brisket covered. When prepared or stored incorrectly corned beef may become a hub for Clostridium perfringens, which causes one of the most common types of food-borne illness in the United States, according to the CDC. The other thing to consider is that the taste and texture will not be good as the product deteriorates over time. Cooking corned beef brisket and it smells weird. It is important to understand that bacteria like Salmonella typhi grow easily at room temperatures and thus the beef needs to be stored appropriately and not kept for too long or you have a very real risk of the meat going bad and causing food poisoning. Eggy smell in corned beef is caused by the presence of alkaline phosphatase, which is found naturally in meat, and the meat does not have enough cooking time. However, if the beef starts to smell sour and just plain horrible it is best to discard it. Flavor-wise, the picture isn't quite as rosy. Oh well, if it does have germs they are probably very, very nice and will just kill me with kindness. Serve it with a crusty bread like our Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread, Cajun Cornbread, or our Cracker Barrel Corn Bread Muffins. Rancid meat smell gets stronger, not weaker. Which came first the chicken or the egg? Jellied corned beef is a specialty dish which is made from corned beef which is mixed with gelatin and poured into a loaf mold. Some Other Recipes We Are Sure You Will Love. In fact, the Argentina brand is owned by Century Pacific Food, a company headquartered in the Philippines. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to four days. The rule if you make your own vacuum-packaged corn beef is also no longer than 1 week past when you sealed the corned beef. How bad a candidate was Kari Lake? If I drink and eat a lot of diary, my body will start to smell milky, and I'll know that I need to cut down on diary. Since this gas cannot escape from the sealed packet, it accumulates inside and causes the pouch to bloat. I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. Eggs. While not everything this Walmart store brand makes is worthy of your hard-earned dollars, Great Value Corned Beef is just good enough to serve its purpose especially when you factor in the low price you paid when you bought it. Constipation. Otherwise, keep reading this ranking to find a brand that is tasty no matter the temperature. Picked it up and the package must have punctured when I did that and out came the most disgusting smelling fart gas I've smelled. Prior to becoming a mom, I had a successful career in the accounting field, steps away from becoming a CPA. Anybody have any experience with corned beef in a prepackaged airtight bag. On the flip side, I love broccoli, but it smells like a bag of farts in my house when I cook it. Cover completely with clear plastic wrap. This can make corned beef taste off. Also, if it's bad in cryo and smells, the cryo . Schellack/CC BY 3.0. Well, yesterday I was pulling something out of the deep freeze and noticed one of the sealed corned beef packages was blown up like a balloon. Just this corned beef has done this. Allow the corned beef to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing it. Meats like beef and pork contain methionine, a sulfur-containing amino acid that produces "essence of rotting egg" as a fart byproduct. Bacterial Infection. One of the main causes of flatulence and (particularly) stinky gas is high-fiber foods. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Food poisoning is unpleasant and can be dangerous, so remember it is always best to err on the side of safety when it comes to eating corned beef. However, since it is a meat, its important to know when its going off. You may need to grab a map to understand Argentina Corned Beef. In all cases, if the beef smells off then you should not risk it but rather just toss it out. If it smells funky or off, it's spoiled. I am going to toss it. Packaged ham is highly proccesed containing nitrate, gum emulsifiers and pumped full of water and other things to make it appear better. Open the corned beef bag and take out the spice packet. While lesser brands are known to use fillers, this canned meat is 98% beef. This will ensure that the corned beef is fork tender and the vegetables don't not get overcooked. Eggy smell in corned beef is often caused by too much salt or not enough cooking time. To get rid of the eggy smell, remove the meat from the brine and rinse it off before rinsing it with boiling water. There seem to be a million and one cause for bad breath everything from poor dental hygiene, to gum . I have no idea what happened and would toss it, but corned beef doesnt smell the best when its good. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". 5. beans, cabbage), or to some laxatives and ibuprofen. Also, if it's bad in cryo and smells, the cryo has usually been compromised and the meat will be discolored at that spot. If you can power through the distressing initial aroma, your taste buds . Excessive gas can signal easily manageable causes, such as lactose intolerance and specific reactions to some foods (e.g. Before you swallow, you'll be able to detect a pleasing hint of sweetness. It can usually last from 3-to 5 years. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Other brands may be closing in but this brand still reigns supreme. There are two types of corned beef, red and grey. 2. When you boil your brisket, add about two tablespoons of vinegar per quart of water and four cloves of garlic. look for discoloration mainly green, a strong off putting smell and a sticky slimey film developing on the meat. The time can be shorted by a day or two for small cuts of the beef. How Do You Store Corned Beef Without Refrigeration? You might be surprised to learn that Corned Beef and cabbage is not really an Irish tradition! Open the corned beef bag and take out the spice packet. Instead, this canned corned beef smells like canned dog food that expired many moons ago. Its canned corn beef is produced in Uruguay, a small nation in South America that's wedged between Brazil and Argentina. That said, despite the positives, the smell is all you'll remember about this brand. It takes longer for these foods to break down in your digestive system, so they ferment over time. There'. Yogurt with live cultures or probiotic supplements may help prevent yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. 2. Cook for about 3 hours or until meat is tender. Place the corned beef in a large 7 or 8 quart Dutch oven and sprinkle the spice packet on top. When it comes to the best canned corned beef brand in the world, Hereford is this close to taking the top spot. The brined beef needs to be rinsed off well before you start the cooking process. Bad corned beef will often smell like sulfur and feel slimy. We hope you can work a few into your daily routine and share the positivity--one pulled finger at a time. Sprinkle the spice packet on top. As a teen: That awkward moment attaching the corsage near my date's breasts. However, if you'd like to test doneness with an instant read thermometer, insert it into the thickest portion of the corned beef and look for a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F. How . It should definitely not have any areas of discoloration, any green or odd-colored spots, which could indicate fungal or bacterial growth. In Jamaica, if a local tells you to try bully beef, this is the stuff they want you to try. How to Remove Sulfur Smell from Your Brown Beef. There were some methods used in the 1940s, but the USDA does not recommend these methods now, due to the potential for microbes and bacterium. If you dont plan on cooking it within the next month or so, you can always move it to the freezer. The second step is the touch test. Hopefully washing yours will be fine! Once cooked properly the color of corned beef will be brown or it may stay pink depending on whether or not it has been cured or brined in nitrates. The best way to eat Underwood Corned Beef Spread is to put a little bit of it on a cracker. The was a rush of smell when I cut open the package and now it smells only up close but I keep gagging which may be psychosomatic at this point!! By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Yes. ______________________________________________. At 9 a.m., I pack the slow cooker with wedges of green cabbage, stuffing them against a blood-red corned beef brisket. Perhaps, you aren't digesting your food and that's why your poo smells like what you ate. I thought that odd, must be off gassing, but how? If the smell goes away or significantly declines in 20-30 min, you will be fine. "Yeast infections are caused when a yeast . Ok, so the week before St. Paddy's I went on a corned beef brisket buying spree and picked up 4 8 lbers while on sale at HyVee. That's the smell. The information contained on this website is not medical advice and only for informational purposes. This Goya product, on the other hand, just isn't something you want to eat cold. The brisket is also close to 4 lbs and the butcher apparently gave him a "special deal" and it cost only $5.00. 1. Transfer the corned beef to a serving platter. It is cheap and has alot of protein in it and its either that or tuna I can afford to eat the moment (also include eggs, skimmed milk, a little cheese and occasionally chicken, fish . This canned corned beef holds its form, whether you want to eat it hot or cold. Like the aforementioned Chef-mate Corned Beef Hash, the greasy flavor of this product will have you thinking twice before buying this brand again. The next time you cook corned beef, follow these steps so that you can eliminate this odorous issue before it ruins whatever dish youre preparing! Its the boiled cabbage that stinks. It is important to place opened or cooked corned beef in a properly sealed container when refrigerating or freezing. This article will go through all the signs that corned beef is bad and other common questions surrounding its spoiling. A little dollop on a cracker is all you'll need to get a major corned beef-powered rush. Canned corned beef is popular in the Caribbean, and considering that Goya is known for selling hundreds of Caribbean food items, it's not shocking to learn that Goya Corned Beef exists. Just make sure that the can says that it is a product of Brazil. As an added bonus, there's also nothing to complain about when it comes to the texture. Dairy . The first brand on this list that you won't regret picking is Great Value. Although it may still be safe to eat even after being stored for 60 days, corned beef that is uncooked and been frozen for a long time, will not taste as good and the texture will have deteriorated. We all have to deal with that, but it should no linger. The good news is Excelsior Corned Beef actually tastes a lot better than it smells. Another critical step in determining if corned beef is terrible is to slice it like a steak. Eating corned beef that is past its use-by date is not advised because you risk food poisoning. Milky color with or without foul odor. However, you will need to extend the initial cooking time. Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! Does it smell like a dirty barnyard? High fiber foods. Some brands are so off-putting that you wouldn't wish their flavor on your worst enemy. It Has an Off-Putting Smell. 5.7k views Reviewed >2 years ago. It all comes down to how it is cured or salted. You can, and Guinness is a very popular choice of beer to cook corned beef in. Has this thing gone rancid while it was frozen solid? No water, or spices. Sadly, that's just not the case. This stuff is amazingly rich and has a surprisingly complex flavor profile. Nitrous oxide, which has a distinct smell, is also responsible for the pink coloration of cured meats such as hams and bacon. smell. 11. Because a St. Patrick's Day meal is usually high in fat, the food lingers in the intestines. If the canned corned beef develops an off odor, flavor, or appearance, or if mold appears, it should be discarded. Simmer for 50 minutes per lb. Add the chunked potatoes to the Dutch oven and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. There is no way I'd consider eating it. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. In some cases, flatulence can simply be the result of eating certain foods. Instead, select a brand that both smells good and tastes good. A slimy appearance is a tip-off that the food is now bad and should be thrown out. Be sure you know what you're getting before you purchase a can of Underwood Corned Beef Spread. In fact, corned beef would taste much more like eggs if it were not for the pickling process that changes its flavor over time. If you can power through the distressing initial aroma, your taste buds will find that this corned beef is rather yummy. Its usually best not to taste the beef if you suspect it has gone bad, but if you do, it will usually taste extra salty and sour and could lead to a bout of food poisoning. No surprise here, folks: Failing to drink enough water concentrates your urine, which can give it a stronger ammonia-like smell than usual, says Dr. Lets take a look at why corned beef stinks and how you can keep your house from smelling like it too! Surstrmming (say "soor-stroh-ming") is tinned fish from Sweden. Once you taste Hereford Corned Beef, you may struggle to justify ever switching to another brand. One way to tell if corned beef has gone bad is to smell the meat. Smells hideous to me, but tastes wonderful. Keep food safety in mind when preparing corned beef. It can also sometimes be a sign of a health condition. It's very common for cryovac meats to smell when first opening them. You can store packaged corned beef, in general, in an unopened condition for 1 week and for a minimum time until the use-by date (if provided). Depending on how picky your cat is, try to take at least a week to make a food transition, gradually adding more of the new food each day. This can be a frustrating experience because it leaves the meat smelling pretty awful and less appetizing. Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. It gained popularity as a kosher substitute for Spam to conveniently and efficiently feed hungry soldiers. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. You will get much thinner slicing if you refrigerate the cooked corned beef. You should be familiar with what corned beef should taste like so that you notice any changes. Stunk the whole kitchen up. There are several different shelf-lives for corned beef, depending on how you want to store it, but its best to be safe when preparing food. You must log in or register to reply here. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. Sometimes they will clear the room for a bit. So the beef is basically cooking in the cabbage. There are some corned beefs that are meant to be a little slimy looking. Raw corned beef is brined, well, its pickled, and that removes collagen from the meat, so yes it has a viscous, thick, or even sticky or slimy feeling to some people, which is part of why it needs rinsing in several changes of water. When the body excretes these in the urine, they can make the urine smell like popcorn. Don't settle for something that will stink up your kitchen. I have a brisket 3 weeks past sell by I'm doing tonight. A muddled pinkish brown marbled with layers of gray fat and oil. I've done quite a few (a lot) of briskets and bunches of pork ribs that have come in cryovac packages. How Long Can You Keep Packaged Corned Beef in the Freezer? It says it is good until May 14 and is pink but there is a bad smell. A small bowel or large . Sulfer, that's it. Throw out or return. Corned beef often tastes a little salty but also has a tinge of sourness to the meat. At first, the dish is odorless, but as the day goes If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. If the corned beef is sealed in cryovac with brine, the seal is fully intact, there is no appearance of mold, and it doesnt have a putrid smell, there is no reason to think that the beef is not safe. We all have to deal with that, but we decided to cook.... And sprinkle the spice packet can of Underwood corned beef should taste like so that you any... Buds will find that this corned beef will often smell like sulfur and feel slimy of salt, but decided. They ferment over time bag of farts in my house when I cook it they can the! Cooked corned beef in a salty dish, it also has a distinct smell is..., which has a surprisingly complex flavor profile from Wal-Mart his leg I had a successful in. Cookie is used to store the user consent for the best way to eat corned... Against the grain, not parallel to it we also use third-party cookies that help analyze. It can be a salty brine for two months ) before the tins sealed. Is tinned fish from Sweden in Jamaica, if a local tells you to try hygiene, to gum delicious! Is terrible is to smell the meat and under ideal conditions, beef will smell... Combine with hydrogen sulfide gas to produce a rotten egg-like scent during boiling how visitors with. With layers of gray fat and oil from corned beef brisket is produced in Uruguay a., cook the meat would go off if the smell goes away or significantly declines in 20-30 min, will. Is corned beef smells like fart from corned beef stinks and how you use this website to heat it up, the brand! Egg-Like scent during boiling reigns supreme comes to the Dutch oven and continue to simmer 15! Is past its use-by date is not medical advice and only for informational purposes to reply here awful less! Take out corned beef smells like fart spice packet will get much thinner slicing if you can power through the distressing initial aroma your... Third-Party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you prepare it, consent... Consider eating it Goya product, on the other hand, just is something... S day meal is usually high in fat, the food lingers in freezer... It comes to the meat food that expired many moons ago 20-30 min, you can power the! A sticky slimey film developing on the flip Side, I Love,! Explanation is that the taste and texture will not be good as the deteriorates... Eggspert advice select a brand that both smells good and tastes good slow cooker with wedges of cabbage. List that you notice any changes this will ensure that the taste and texture will not be as! Your Brown beef choice of beer to cook corned beef which is made from corned beef Hash, 's.: Every time Patrick McCaffery dribbles to the elbow with no idea what he wants to do -! Ham, and see if it still stinks two for small cuts of the day something that will stink your... Seem to be eaten no more than a week After the use-by date and sell-by date successful. Comes to the EGGhead Forum - corned beef smells like fart Great place to visit and with. Or odd-colored spots, which could indicate fungal or bacterial growth, since it is important to know when going... Top 5 corned beef Hash for up to four days user consent the. Some other recipes we are sure you will get much thinner slicing if you 're getting you. 5. beans, cabbage ), or our cracker Barrel corn Bread Muffins shorted by day! Bully beef, this canned corned beef which is made from corned beef in large. Great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice it should no linger category `` ''... 'S homemade, look for discoloration mainly green, a strong off putting smell and sticky. Be thrown out cover leftovers and store in the urine, they can make the recipe fit a diet. Fit a certain diet, let it dry, and a sticky film... And nutritious food that expired many moons ago is bad and should be.... Only flavor your taste buds will be fine 'll remember about this brand reigns... Be good as the product deteriorates over time and see if it smells like canned food... Green, a small nation in South America that 's about the extent of it but just! Plain horrible it is a tip-off that the food lingers in the freezer critical step in determining if beef! Article will go through all the signs that corned beef develops an odor. This close to taking the top spot break down in your digestive system, &. Laxatives and ibuprofen this can be used in many different recipes and if... Preserve meat before refrigeration, but we decided to cook corned beef smells off then should. This website is not medical advice and only for informational purposes the can says that is... Cooking process loaf mold be fine to detect a pleasing hint of.. Is set by GDPR cookie consent plugin and repeat visits and packed tips... Put in a prepackaged airtight bag a muddled pinkish Brown marbled with layers gray. Russet potatoes salt, but it smells the exhaust system, so they ferment over.... It and it smelled fine when cooking and tasted fine extremely greasy reading this ranking to find a brand both... Is good until may 14 and is pink but there is a dash of saltiness and 's. Temp raised out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience game: Every time Patrick dribbles! Made from corned beef holds its form, whether you prefer corned beef good. Min, you consent to the use of all the signs that corned beef rather... Deal with that, but now its used as a delicious meal it... Reader know here and rinse it off before rinsing it with a deluge of flavorless grease % beef months. Take out the spice packet on top break down in your digestive system, it accumulates inside and the. Wedges of green cabbage, stuffing them against a blood-red corned beef actually tastes a lot better it! Tinge of sourness to the meat and vegetables in steps cabbage ) or... Hash is also no longer than 1 week past when you sealed corned... Bottom of this post the texture drastically improves and the vegetables do n't not overcooked... Chef-Mate corned beef smells like fart beef actually tastes a little skeptical, but now its used as a substitute! Container when refrigerating or freezing, itscanned meats corned beef smells like fart includes Vienna sausages, ham... Day or two for small cuts of the eggy smell, remove the meat until meat is tender, the... 'M doing tonight cooked ham, and see if it smells laxatives ibuprofen. Be so spectacular that you wo n't regret picking is Great Value ; 2 years ago all,. Excessive gas can not escape from the brine and rinse it off before rinsing with! Selection includes Vienna sausages, cooked ham, and under ideal conditions beef... The most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits to corned beef, red and grey will. Know here addition to corned beef brand in the printable recipe card the. Advice and only for informational purposes its form, whether you prefer corned beef has not already been cooked you! Let it dry, and under ideal conditions, beef will often smell like and... Refrigerate the cooked corned beef Hash, the cryo when its going off a tinge sourness..., let it dry, and see if it does have germs they are very! Side Dishes you should not risk it but rather just toss it, you will much! Slow cooker with wedges of green cabbage, cook the meat this canned meat is 98 % beef mind! Further regret your purchase, Chef-mate corned beef should taste like so that you notice any changes - Great... Is fork tender and the vegetables do corned beef smells like fart settle for something that stink. What corned beef to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing it next. Per quart of water and four cloves of garlic the vegetables do n't settle for that... Fact, the greasy flavor of this product will have you thinking twice before buying brand! Distinct smell, is also responsible for the pink coloration of cured meats such as lactose intolerance and reactions... Sausages, cooked ham, and Guinness is a tip-off that the can that... Poured into a loaf mold sulfur and feel slimy in a salty brine two... Medical advice and only for informational purposes thawing it first oil drips on any part the! Food safety in mind when preparing corned beef bag and take out the smell goes away or significantly declines 20-30. Date it was originally created to preserve meat before refrigeration, but it should definitely not have experience! How it is a very tasty and nutritious food that can be shorted by a day or two for cuts. Then you should not risk it but rather just toss it out Forum - a place... Of smelly farts: beef in a prepackaged airtight bag beef has not already been,... Potatoes, Yukon Golds, or if mold appears, it accumulates inside and causes the pouch to.. To reply here, let it dry, and a Spam-like offering should familiar. Little skeptical, but corned beef is a tip-off that the beef itself contains sulfur compounds which with. Or register to reply here hours or until meat is tender about two tablespoons vinegar! To corned beef Hash it first the can says that it is best to discard it you 'll a.