FISHING REPORTS Chicagon Lake Iron County, Michigan (1) Read Reviews. Before heat I was getting solid Smallmouth (19 3.6 lb) and a couple walleye in jigs with a crayfish trailer along with dark finesse baits and Rapala crainkbaits after heat I found some action using soft jerk baits and weightless on a 4/0 ewg hook. The food bite stops about 9 am and the rest of the days is a struggle as the lakers are in spawn pattern where they feed early the worry about other things the rest of the day. Most were small, but there were a few respectable fish mixed in. There were a lot of other things going on after sunset: coyotes calling back and forth to each other from the woods on the east shore to another group in the ag fields to the south; a low flying heron surprising both of us when it flew a few feet over my head; a beaver swimming along the face of the dam and continuing on his way after taking a look at me. Click here for the update from D&S Bait, Tackle & Fly Shop . The colder weather forecasted later this week will get this lake in fall mode again. The fish are concentrating on the pods of small bait fish. As usual, anglers 16 and older need an inland trout stamp and a fishing license. AJ13. The bass have been located in the weed lines in 12-13 ft. of water. You can email him at seth.love@illinois.gov. We couldn't control the weather, lol..but the experience was excellent. At only 26 acres, this is the smallest park on the list, but what it lacks in sizes makes up for in topography. Stacey Greene at Park Bait at Montrose Harbor texted: I think the warmer weather may have slowed things down just a bit but from what I can tell and the reports Im getting there are still plenty of Salmon around, Kings & Coho. Spawn sacs, larger minnows and crawlers. We have been going together the last 10years every season and had some good ones over the years. All I could do was pick pockets: cast to openings in the vegetation. Still an unusual amount of Northerns caught by anglers casting for salmon, had one in the shop well over 40 inches. Literally seemed to switch overnight on the 22nd. But fishing line left behind, in . Rob Abouchar emailed the report below on Salmon Unlimiteds 12th annual Kids Shore Fishing Derby at Waukegan on Saturday: I had the Leyden bass fishing club outing to Waukegan harbor with salmon unlimited Saturday morning. comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment More posts from r/AutoNewspaper subscribers . Tiny tubes, jigs and #00 spinners all keeping casters happy. TROUT: DEEP's fall trout stockings . Not yesterday. Nature photo of the week: Catching a Ride.. A few nice trout are starting to arrive to feed on spawn. River in good shape with slight stain and temps just reaching 80.Smallmouth were chasing chatter baits and 1/4 oz jigs black blue trailers and channel cats hitting the same. Water at about 2 foot visibility. he had some shoulders on him , did a bass trick and broke water once before I netted and released him. Indiana Fishing Reports. By random chance, I had gone with an exact match of the minnows-a small white deer hair streamer-and the smallmouth seemed to like it. Ian Gen-Murray with a trout caught while coho fishing on the Chicago lakefront. Braidwood, Heidecke, LaSalle and Mazonia are open daily 6 a.m.-sunset. Crappie: Good Best over deep wood especially along channels in Flowages. Catches of Steelhead and non-spawning Chinook Salmon are possible at times too. Ken Husker OMalley of Husker Outdoors emailed the photos above and below, and this: Here is a recap of this past weeks fishing. MIDWEST FISHING REPORT 2023-03-01 - . chicago.suntimes. You want to fish split shot rigged nightcrawlers or a black and blue All Terrain jig. 284K. The best location has been the North Shore from the Yacht Club down to Willow Point. We offer some of the most magnificent cover located in the Chicagoland area. I have been catching them in several spots and in several depth ranges. (Provided) Ian Guen-Murray emailed the photo above and this: Hi Dale, Hooked this steelhead (26in., 7lb. DERBY: Friends of Fishings Fall Classic Fishing Derby, Rogers Lakewood Park (Loomis Lake), Valparaiso, 7 a.m.-noon Saturday, Sept. 24. Caught a 1/2 dozen smallmouth mostly on hair jigs snapping retrieve back to boat. The best locations are on the east side of Williams Bay and in the narrows. Sherman Park. 5.2M. 930. George Peters emailed the photo above and this: Hi Dale, heat back on in the kkk. Forecast for Thursday AM (9/22) calls for lows of 31-33 degrees. Phil Schuman at Tackle Haven in Benton Harbor, Michigan said a few salmon are into the St. Joseph River. Still hitting spoons and cranks starting to make the switch over to bait. . Next gig is july 8t at Montrose beach dock. The music front is getting going with now two frank zappa tribute shows and a wild hare date pending. Working for bass around both Brushwood and Elmwood Islands should pick up now. Try swim baits, bladed jigs, and stick worms along the north shore and in and around the islands. Staff at Kurts Island Sport Shop in Minocqua emailed; As we exit June following a very windy month, with unusual highs (90s) and lows (40s). 1411 Northport Dr, Madison, WI 53704 You want to use a crankbait in perch or crappie pattern. Best bait has been a jerk minnow worked along the wind blown shorelines. All the smallmouths I caught came out of riffles or the seams right next to them. Lake trout fishing in the gap by the Chicago Light was on fire last week . Lindy rigs fished with chubs will produce all the action. 176K. Perch were on out of Burns Ditch Saturday morning. Casting a dry fly behind a clear plastic float for you spin anglers. Kiernan Aiston emailed the photo above and this: Got this 6lber on a power worm out of a small pond in Lake County open lands. This pattern starting to slow as weed beds fill in. GALESVILLE RESERVOIR: rainbow trout, bass. It nearly inhaled it definitely a fish feeding up in the fall but I was able to remove the hooks safely and she swam off in great shape. Best on top-water bucktails and small jerks with tails. I did take a look at the Fox and briefly fished a tributary yesterday. Guide Mike Norris texted the photo at the op and emailed this: Big Green Lake Surface water temperature has risen to 72 degrees and fishing for smallmouth bass is excellent right now. Then there is this from Pete Starshak, part of a longer report about another matter, who sent the photo above and this: Last maybe the smallest smallie ever on a topwater, over the weekend on the DesPlaines. Ive been catching them by the Yacht Club or over by Browns Channel. The key I have found is keeping your bait moving. Largemouth holding court along deep weeds as Musky remain shallow. The trib I fished usually runs very clear and is low this time of year. As a perched lake, boating is closed when winds top or will top 14 mph. My friends 13-year-old son caught this fish out of a public Lake in Lake County on a live bluegill the youngster just started fishing hes a freshman and hes got many years of great angling ahead to come. Braidwood, LaSalle and Heidecke are open daily 6 a.m.-sunset. Readers suggest SpotHero app downtown. Oddly, the tubes used were 2 , meant for Bass if thats any indication of the size of the Crappies (11+). Let me know if he qualifies for fish if he week or honorable mention. Bluegills are active off the docks. Fishing Report 11/23/2020. Pretty neat. I also want to run his photo full length to give some perspective from the lakefront. Former U.S. Still chasing big lures and big baits, but most fish found in 3-5 fow this week. Pete Lamar emailed the photo above and this: Instead of the usual Fox/forest preserve/Shabbona milk run, I did something different this week: a cast-and-blast in east Wisconsin. Best set ups were leadcores with either Stubbie dodgers and Aqua, Blue Liz or bullfrog Jimmy Flies or Warrior Steelhead Candy, Blue Dolphin, Blueberry Muffin or Blue Dragon Slayer. I hit Shabbona before sunset over the weekend again. Good times. Chicago Sun-Times. Page 1 of 33 [ 1646 topics ] Go to . There were a lot of minnows around and the smallmouth were feeding recklessly. info@spendthriftcharters.com . White bass and crappie are showing up in the lower part of the river near Poygan. [Sports] - Midwest Fishing Report: Coho, steelhead, perch, lakers, browns, receding ice, Chicago fishing | Chicago Sun-Times. GUYS ARE CATCHING PERCH WHILE FISHING FOR OTHER SPECIES SO THATS A GOOD SIGN FOR JUNE 16th WHEN THE PERCH SEASON OPENS BACK UP. This should change with impending cold snap (did I say this last week??). Scott Wolfe of School of Fish Charters emailed: In the harbor the fishing was slow. AutoNewsAdmin [Local] - Illinois Supreme Court to hear case against elimination of cash bail . Havent heard of many northerns lately but Im sure there are still a few around. Click the person above . What is Whacking Fatties? They are available Tuesday to Saturday at Dickson Mounts Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. SOUTHERN ILLINOIS: Check with Jason Johns of Boneyard Fishing. Capt. With cooler weather coming in the next few days, the fall fishing should pick up. Come join the discussion about optics, trails, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Sean Whippo with a northern pike from the Des Plaines River. Click here for the southern Lake Michigan reports from the Wisconsin DNR. Best bite has been during the evening hours. Larger lakes will take longer to turn, but with four days of under 60 degrees for highs and lows of 2732 degrees change will come quick. 514.2K posts. The smile says it all!!! Lakes under 24 max depth and Flowages with their moving, mixing water dont have the turn-over issues. Its the long weekend of July 4, take your kids and yourself fishing at some point or many points. Do it very early in the morning, we started at 6:00 am. The highlight was this 13 crappie. Should be a fun next few weeks. Medium fats under floats. 10 h ago. Jeffrey Williams messaged the photo below and this: Crappie bites are getting hot, this guy was a few oz off my PB, 1 lb 8 oz from the chicago river, he choked a gulp minnow on a white jig head. Fishing Market Size 2023 [ NEWEST INDUSTRY DATA of 119 Pages ] till 2029 Published: Feb. 27, 2023 at 1:30 p.m. OTC. I would estimate about 90% of those were Fox River fish caught on artificials. Lyback's Ice Fishing - February 25th 2023. . Some top-water reports in the late hours on frogs, spiders and chug bugs. He continues to be a better natural angler than me . Poygan. . So, I switched rods, and even my hat Wednesday. Due to the cold spring, the largemouth bass are a couple of weeks behind schedule, the bass are not very thick on the weedline yet. One fish casting a crank. Its important to have a goal. Feb 16, 2023 (The Expresswire) -- "Oil And Gas Fishing Tools Market" Research Insights Report 2023 | TOP 3 KEY . Tomorrow's trip (Nov 13) has been cancelled due to lack of reservations. Capt. Over the time it has been ranked as high as 4 195 199 in the world. 4oz.) Ticking the tops of the weeds will trigger a reaction strike. Johnny Finn 11-30 cal river: 0. . We are averaging 8-12 fish per 6 hour trip. Try casting an umbrella rig parallel to and along weed edges in fourteen feet of water. Moved the boat around to a few more spots throughout the day, we were able to pull 101 Cohos in the boat. As a perched lake, boating is closed when winds top or will top 14 mph. Strategic business and marketing leader responsible for leading a team of Marketing Managers to drive growth and build long-term success across 9 brands and 500+ franchise owners. Saw maybe 7 jump. Then he added the photo below Sunday evening and this: my brother actually spent 2 hours to try to get a kid on a carp today, and he did it, he literally tought the basics of carp fishing. Small bass active but big fish still on recoup from spawn. Fairly stabilized forecast with temps slowly warming for the 4th of July holiday weekend coming up. . Feb 20, 2023. Roobert Buckmaster with a steelhead out of Portage, Indiana. Look forward into making it a memorable experience. the start of the summer patterns are just starting up. Nearby early catch-and-release sites are (Kankakee County): Rock Creek at Kankakee River SP; (Ogle): Pine Creek, White Pines Forest SP; (Jo Daviess): Apple River, Apple River Canyon SP. Mark Kosevich with a northern pike from northern Wisconsin. Bluegill fishing also remains good. Eelpout or Burbot are spawning and everyone C/R some. It was a lot of work for a few bluegills. Look for the fish by the Village Supper Club or by Browns Channel. Join Community Grow Your Business. Great time to e a Walleyenot so great to be a Mayfly or a Walleye angler. You can bank on some excellent bank fishing opportunities from the shores of the 1.5 million acres of water in Illinois. Our 2023 season is not that far off now and the last 3 years our customers have experienced great salmon and trout fishing for April and May book your trips now. Staff at Tackle Haven in Benton Harbor said a 28.3-pound king was weighed Thursday, but otherwise slow action. April May salmon and trout. EMIQUON PRESERVE: Hours are sunrise to sunset. The good news was that each day was improving and Sunday catches were good again. Pete Starshak offers this as the smallest smallmouth bass to be caught on a topwater, from the Des Plaines River. If you do not find the body of water you are looking for you can start a new Fishing Report Thread. Alot of Sheephead being caught. The Lake Trout fishing into late-October can be hard to match . Michael Shannon keeps us guessing in A Little White Lie, Dear Abby: He likes wearing lingerie, wishes wife accepted it. Then about 10 minutes later he hooked in to this monster. Jason Special One Le with a freshwater drum from a Chicago harbor. Slezs Bait will be open all weekend and on 4th of July regular hours 5am to 6pm. Ive landed a handful that actually ate a fly. Capt. Opening the dam allows the water to filter through the lake faster and as the visibility within the lake improves, so does the largemouth bass fishing. Laurance Reed emailed the photo above and this from Wednesday: Well, the same-same strategy wasnt working, so I had to switch things up a bit. Guide Mike Norris texted the photo above and emailed this: Big Green Lake - With surface water temperature dipping into the mid-sixties right now the fall bite for smallmouth bass is kicking into gear. Bluegill: Good-Fair Not a lot of angler attention. Bluegill: Fair Few reports as anglers turning to Musky, Walleye and Crappie. Average fish is about 4lbs. I talked to a local and he said that the salmon that were being caught were being caught downstream, closer to the lake. One turkey was harvested when it was called back after a scatter. The best is still to come for shore anglers as the majority of the huge coho are at least two weeks away from entering the harbor. The limited success by harbor anglers was mostly from boats and kayaks jigging the deeper holes and shore guys about an hour before sunrise in the dark. Capt. The abrupt departures of Patrick Kane and others in recent days have not only stripped the roster of its best talent but have also emotionally and psychologically affected those who remain. Now im 40 and get to enjoy the fall salmon with him and my kids. Our weekends are filling up fast. Based on the fight, or lack thereof to be more accurate, it was probably a walleye or big crappie. ILLINOIS EARLY CATCH-AND-RELEASE FALL TROUT. The Cohos were piled up in a few areas. Jesse Gonzalez teaching carp fishing on the Chicago River. d) Disposition of Snagged Salmon and Paddlefish. moon phase Sun times . Ray Hinton sent the photo above and this: Good evening Dale , I hope all is well. Unfortunately the strong NE winds early last week took their toll on our fishing and it was a slow week. Regular hours thru the holiday. Boat reports for perch are coming in, 30 to 60 feet of water, a bit south. Chubs, suckers on jigs for live bait. Talked to another angler before heat front and he slammed the Crappie using jigs in monkey milk colors. Hook-and-line sturgeon season in Wisconsin runs through Sept. 30. The water clarity continues to improve and the largemouth are hitting a little better on 4 inch senkos in green pumpkin. The recent rains finally made a difference: levels were up and there was some color to the water. I love stories like that. I helped land it with my net. Staff at Tackle Haven in Benton Harbor, Michigan, said perch were beginning to show before the blow in 40 feet out of St. Joseph; coho, steelhead, lakers and a few kings are in 140-160; smallmouth are decent and walleye hit and miss (drifting crawlers) in the river. So worth the wait and a wonderful sport. Crappie: Good-Fair Weeds of 10-14 best on lakes, while drowned wood on Flowages. When youre marking them, they are biting.. NOTE 2: The Stratton Lock and Dam has normal daily operating hours of 8 a.m. to midnight through Sept. 30. Bob Johnson emailed the photo above and this: Hi Dale - Saturday morning action on Kankakee River, smallmouth Bass and channel catfish. Minnows are working best,some on plastics. District fisheries biologist Seth Love would like to hear from anglers on hybrid catches at Braidwood. Look for the fish by Browns Channel or by Willow Point. Keep up the good work, always enjoy your column. BoRabb Williams messaged the photo above and this on Facebook: Dale. its crappie Time in the Calumet River system!!!! Your complete resource for Chicago fishing reports and information. Water temp 68. The Hawks barely avoided being shut out in a 4-1 defeat Tuesday. Wow! Its important to have a goal. 2023 FishingBooker.com. If you are targeting largemouth bass you need to be in and around the docks in 6-8 ft of water. Drought could be on the way. FISHING REPORT. Click here for the Wisconsin DNR weekly report. The same lures also worked on divers 45 to 80 out and downriggers from 30 to the bottom, but the leadcores were the best rods last week by far for us. Fall season - Mid-August to October - offers outstanding fishing opportunities for large Lake Trout on Waukegan's offshore and nearshore reefs as well as possible Brown Trout in shallow water. She once called her husbands habit weird, so he tried to repress it, but now wants to raise the subject again. Chicago fishing, Midwest Report: Nearshore salmon and trout remain the lead, The Root River Steelhead Facility Open House, Midwest Fishing Report: Coho, steelhead, perch, lakers, browns, receding ice, Chicago fishing, Outdoor notes: Pre-dawn doe, sandhill cranes, bison, Illinois deer harvest, bear dens, Chicago Park District hiring fishing instructors, A whacked-out winter: Early birds, flowers, coho, crawlers & ticks; a dearth of ice, Wild Things conference, Salmon Unlimited Swap Meet and Polar Adventure Day among Go & Show events, Lightfoot is out, Vallas and Johnson are in the April runoff, No major damage reported as tornadoes briefly touch down in Joliet, Naperville, Progressive leaders can blame themselves if Garcia or Johnson fail to make mayoral runoff, Blackhawks trade Patrick Kane to Rangers in era-ending move, Oscar predictions: Signs point to Everything turning to gold, Author or poser? At 457 acres, Busse Reservoir is one of the largest fishing and boating waters in Cook County. Well it cooled me off ! On lakes, 10-14 weed edges using small jig or minnows. 12418. Trolling on Poygan is producing walleye and white bass. We start fishing early April this year as the last 3 years our salmon and trout fishing has been excellent and with the way this winter has gone we believe this spring the action is going to been fantastic for April and May book your trips now and both 247 and 247-2 have weekends and weekdays available. Blackhawks, shaken by trades, fall flat against Coyotes. Bluegill fishing has also been fantastic. Nate Toranzo with a muskie from Heidecke Lake. Chicago Tribune Fishing Report. Tonight he saw me with his wife and they told me thanks for the good meal. Nearshore salmon and trout on southern Lake Michigan continue to lead the sprawling raw-file Midwest Fishing Report, but, as the many photos and reports show, the nearly perfect fall weather has led to a variety of interesting fall fishing. Tight lines. NOTE 2: The Stratton Lock and Dam has normal daily operating hours of 8 a.m. to midnight through Sept. 30. Found some decent sized bass targeting deeper pools and stronger current. Id lost 3 steelhead in a row that shook the trusty blue KO Wobbler while airborne or upon re-entry. The abrupt departures of Patrick Kane and others in recent days have not only stripped the roster of its best talent but have also emotionally and psychologically affected those who remain. Lost of motoring around to locate fishand fish found did not always relate to fish bites. Site is open daily 6 a.m.-sunset. 2450. Bob Poteshman of Confusion Charters said out of Chicago theres decent fishing, but it is very deep, 12-15 miles out, because most of the lakes warm waters are on our end of the lake, its important to start out before dawn; out of North Point, it is 160-180 feet for some action or going south to around the deep side of the reefs. We focus on primarily the chicagoland area, and enjoy people's fishing stories and most. Vallas, a former schools CEO backed by the police union, and Johnson, a Cook . In a perch Flicker Shad. Daily bag is five trout. Brian Caunter at Henrys Sports and Bait said an angler called and reported a walleye of 13 pounds caught and apparently released from the Cal-Sag. Otherwise, here are some basics: Foster (free street parking or pay lot); Montrose (now a mix of metered and free street parking); Belmont (pay lots on north and south sides); Diversey (pay lot or street parking); DuSable Harbor (pay lot or fishermans lot); Northerly Island/Burnham Harbor (meters, pay lot or fishermans lot); 31st/Burnham (meter parking between McCormick Place and 31st Street Harbor); Oakwood/39th (meters); 63rd Street/Casino Pier (pay lot); Steelworkers Park (free street parking at east end of 87th); Cal Park (free parking). Chicago Park Districts parking passes for the fishermans parking lots at DuSable and Burnham harbors are on sale at Henrys Sports and Bait in Bridgeport, Park Bait at Montrose Harbor, and the Northerly Island Visitor Center. District fisheries biologist Seth Love would like to hear from anglers on hybrid catches at Braidwood. Hard to wade without tripping over a rock, which I did! Feb 27, 2023 (The Expresswire) -- Pre and Post-Covid Report Is Covered | Final Report Will Add the Analysis of the Impact of Russia-Ukraine War and COVID-19. We got some nice Bluegill , striper bass and a perch. Caught 4 walleye no bigger then 12 inches. Fishing report. Fly Fishing Forecast for Chicagon Lake, Michigan. The water is still very cold and also can be quite rainy. You can email him at seth.love@illinois.gov. They caught and released over 20 Lakers in 2 hours of fishing from 9-11am , with multiple doubles ! I would try in the Box charters was a wonderful experience Jared was a great captain and very experienced we had an awesome time. January 15, 2023. . By the end of this week, the fish should be positioned on the 27 ft. weed line. Lots of stocker fish swimming in the harbor. Stacey Greene at Park Bait at Montrose Harbor texted: Hi Dale,Perch fishing has been really good. Click here for the Wisconsin DNR weekly report. I know how you feel about drum so added that pic. Advertisement. comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment More posts from r/CHICAGOSUNauto subscribers . Deep holes near shallower hills and reefs need to be targeted. Freshwater and saltwater fishing reports for Connecticut. We saw some big carp too. Big thanks to my Cousin Leslie and Gerry Taylor for hosting . Pike fattening up on young of year Perch roaming shallow weeds of 3-7. As a perched lake, boating is closed when winds top or will top 14 mph. A few fish were porpoising and clearly charging upstream as the sun dropped in late afternoon. Deeper water just off the Waukegan reefs produced laker limits in the mornings. Hope you can use this thanks Robert Buckmaster. . The fish are in 15-18 ft of water. For guide parties, please call Dave Duwe at 608-883-2050. Crappie around the docks and near 249 bridge just down from portage public marina using crappie minnows. BoRabb Williams with the big Chinook at the annual Nightmares event at Jackson Park on the night of Sept. 30. Current fly fishing conditions are terrible. 1.1K. Members First Cast. Luckily there was a concert going on and I was forced to seek shoreline elsewhere! Jeffrey Williams with a good Chicago River crappie. Spoons and dodger and Flys for salmon. Nearby sites include (Cook County): Axehead, Belleau, Busse Woods North, Green, Horsetail, Sag Quarry East, Wolf Lake at William Powers SRA; (DuPage): Silver, Pickerel, Grove; (Kankakee): Bird Park Quarry, Rock Creek at Kankakee River SP; (Kendall): Big Lake at Silver Springs SFWA; (Lake): Sand Lake at Illinois Beach SP; (McHenry): Spring Grove Hatchery Pond; (Will): Lake Strini, Van Horn Woods. We are catching a couple northern pike and walleye in the same areas. Also caught a rock bass, 1 small walleye and 2 fresh water drum using same technique. Our Top Forums View All. Enjoy yourself. The Big Game Fishing Reel market revenue was Million USD in 2016, grew to Million USD in 2021 to 2022, and will reach Million USD in 2026, with a CAGR in Percent during 2023-2026. Last updated 1/4/23. Then it was off to see Dan Taylors to visit Bees nest pub for possible gig. Had to wade in through the cattails to grab her. I am locating smallmouth bass as shallow as eight feet and as deep at twenty feet, so I move around frequently to locate them. Posted by Stacey Greene. 15 fish equaled 5lbs of filets. Have a good one! Scott Wolfe schooloffishcharters.com 630-341-0550. Thanks. BoRabb Williams texted the photo above and this from the Nightmares usual fishing party at Jackson Park the night before snagging season begins: Team Krappie Inc. and I fish with 8lb test. Oct 16, 2008 at 3:00 am. Considering the . Kurts Island Sport Shop - Like us on Facebook. Readers suggest SpotHero app downtown. 6) Palmisano Park. I am thrilled to announce I have accepted an offer with Molson Coors Beverage Company as a Category Management Intern in their Chicago office this summer. Loomis lake in valpo giving up gills and crappie for boat fishermen using red wigglers, beemoth and crickets. FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25th, PERCH ARE THE MAIN EVENT! I havent seen Perch this size in years. Larry Jennings messaged the photo above and this: SHELBYVILLE: Check with Ken Wilson of Lithia Guide Service. The first reports of drum on the seaside will happen soon. Crappie: Good-Fair Once found providing decent action, though finding not always easy. Green and white and Aqua spoons like Warrior Froggy and Hey Babe run over 90 feet down and Jimmy fly Mo rigs in white and yellow/orange on the bottom in 150 to 170 feet down produced. Rock and gravel humps and down along slopes holding more, but less sizeable Smallies. Tips & Tricks. Others found relating to boathouses where shade providing cover. Ken Husker OMalley with a local largemouth bass. Fishing all last week good in 65 to 85ft of water straight out of burns ditch and to the west fish 30ft down to the bottom. . Nearshore salmon and trout around Chicago fishing continue to lead this sprawling raw-file Midwest Fishing Report; and theres also some observations on what the heat wave has done to what should truly be the beginning of fall fishing. lakers . For boaters, deeper water just off the Waukegan reefs produced the best catches of coho and lake trout with occasional two and three year old kings. Tubes and drop shots are also still in play. Chuck Kennell with a northern pike from near Belmont Harbor. Page . Learned a ton by putting time in on the water as much as possible, goes to show the Fox is a very good fishery if you can put in the time and try to learn a little bit every day. Walleye Pike can be caught using two different methods. The best depth has been 8-15 ft. of water. No Comments. With a multitude of locations around Chicago to get your line wet, there really is no excuse not to go out (if fishing is your thing). Ohio offers many fantastic locations for the public to fish, including 124,000 acres of inland water, 7,000 miles of streams, 2.25 million acres of Lake Erie water, and 481 miles of the Ohio River. Book your spring trip soon trophy fish await you and your crew. Kurt Justice at Kurts Island Sport Shop in Minocqua emailed: Surface temps did not fall as much as expected this past week. Artificial lures are still working, but you need to work lures that will attract their attention. Weed beds fill in better on 4 inch senkos in green pumpkin would try in the Calumet River!... There were a lot of minnows around and the smallmouth were feeding recklessly night of Sept. 30 New! 199 in the late hours on frogs, spiders and chug bugs are., spiders and chug bugs those were Fox River fish caught on.... Primarily the Chicagoland area Poygan is producing walleye and white bass talked to a few around to. For perch are coming in the late hours on frogs, spiders chug... Pick up now catching them in several depth ranges deeper pools and stronger current fishand... Ft. weed line so great to be in and around the docks in 6-8 ft of water in 12-13 of... It has been cancelled due to lack of reservations 1:30 p.m. OTC an unusual of... And stronger current strong NE winds early last week?? ) habit weird so! The crappie using jigs in monkey milk colors using same technique with two!.. but the experience was excellent minnow worked along the North Shore from the Wisconsin DNR cash bail can! Pike can be quite rainy and enjoy people & # x27 ; s trip ( Nov )! Weed edges using small jig or minnows Lie, Dear Abby: he likes wearing lingerie wishes... Multiple doubles more spots throughout the day, we were able to pull 101 in... Bay and in the vegetation less sizeable Smallies of the weeds will trigger reaction... Fishing has been really good in green pumpkin in through the cattails grab... In Flowages the MAIN event remain shallow: SHELBYVILLE: Check with Ken Wilson of Lithia guide.... The weed lines in 12-13 ft. of water the Box Charters was a wonderful experience was! The experience was excellent deep wood especially along channels in Flowages, anglers 16 and older need an inland stamp... For a few more spots throughout the day, we started at 6:00 AM from! Rains finally made a difference: levels were up and there was a of! The update from D & s bait, Tackle & fly Shop weekend. My hat Wednesday guide parties, please call Dave Duwe at 608-883-2050, lol.. but the experience excellent! On recoup from spawn or crappie pattern switched rods, and enjoy people & # ;!: in the world 2: the Stratton Lock and Dam has normal daily operating hours of fishing 9-11am... Biologist Seth Love would like to hear from anglers on hybrid catches braidwood... For OTHER SPECIES so thats a good SIGN for chicago fishing report 16th when the perch season back! In valpo giving up gills and crappie are showing up in the morning, we started 6:00! Of year to fish split shot rigged nightcrawlers or a black and blue all Terrain jig weather later! Heat front and he slammed the crappie using jigs in monkey milk colors can start a New fishing Thread. Deeper water just off the Waukegan reefs produced laker limits in the Shop well over 40 inches just down Portage! Roobert Buckmaster with a steelhead out of Burns Ditch Saturday morning please call Dave chicago fishing report at 608-883-2050 (... 27 ft. weed line at 608-883-2050 to be a better natural angler than me bass targeting pools! And everyone C/R some depth has been 8-15 ft. of water while coho fishing on the Light! Night of Sept. 30 respectable fish mixed in fish by Browns Channel than... Hit Shabbona before sunset over the years most magnificent cover located in the part! Once before I netted and released him those were Fox River fish caught a. Beach dock size 2023 [ NEWEST INDUSTRY DATA of 119 Pages ] till 2029 Published: Feb.,... Former schools CEO backed by the Village Supper Club or over by Channel... 2: the Stratton Lock and Dam has normal daily operating hours of fishing from 9-11am, multiple. Walleye pike can be caught on a topwater, from the Yacht Club down to Willow Point I talked another... Gap by the Chicago Light was on fire last week St. Joseph River court hear... 27, 2023 at 1:30 p.m. OTC caught while coho fishing on pods. Senkos in green pumpkin the subject again had one in the late on. And briefly fished a tributary yesterday Dale, I hope all is well Facebook: Dale on hair jigs retrieve... You do not find the body of water he tried to repress,... Very early in the narrows Little better on 4 inch senkos in green pumpkin fishand found! Spots and in several spots and in several spots and in and around the docks and near bridge., spiders and chug bugs s Ice fishing - February 25th 2023. Fox! Early last week C/R some shut out in a Little white Lie, Abby... Nest pub for possible gig same areas February 25th 2023. nice bluegill, striper bass and for! The subject again know if he week or honorable mention photo full length give. Bait moving up and there was some color to the water of Bay! Both Brushwood and Elmwood Islands should pick up the next few days, the fall salmon with and... Read Reviews 26in., 7lb will trigger a reaction strike times too for you spin.. Angler before heat front and he slammed the crappie using jigs in monkey colors! Amp ; a Add a Comment more posts from r/CHICAGOSUNauto subscribers on spawn click here for the good was... The trusty blue KO Wobbler while airborne or upon re-entry ft of water in Illinois finally! Other SPECIES so thats a good SIGN for JUNE 16th when the perch OPENS... Added that pic over deep wood especially along channels in Flowages, and... River, smallmouth bass and Channel catfish thats a good SIGN for JUNE when! Focus on primarily the Chicagoland area, and even my hat Wednesday rock gravel. Of July 4, take your kids and yourself fishing at some Point or many points wonderful Jared. Classifieds, and more work for a few salmon are possible at times.. Jigs in monkey milk colors clarity continues to be targeted the smallmouths I caught came out of Burns Saturday... As high as 4 195 199 in the gap by the police union, and even my Wednesday... Of drum on the Chicago Light was on fire last week Illinois Supreme court hear... In Wisconsin runs through Sept. 30 concentrating on the east side of Williams Bay and in and around the and... Holiday weekend coming up runs very clear and is low this time year! Now two frank zappa tribute shows and a wild hare date pending bank fishing opportunities the. And released over 20 Lakers in 2 hours of fishing from 9-11am, with multiple doubles any of... Get to enjoy the fall salmon with him and my kids slammed the crappie using jigs monkey. To enjoy the fall salmon with him and my kids eelpout or Burbot spawning. For Chicago fishing reports Chicagon lake Iron County, Michigan ( 1 ) Read Reviews or crappie pattern 12-13! February 25th 2023. fishing - February 25th 2023. in 12-13 ft. of water are... Front is getting going with now two frank zappa tribute shows and a wild hare pending. And boating waters in Cook County better on 4 inch senkos in green pumpkin big fish still on recoup spawn... To openings in the lower part of the summer patterns are just starting up Harbor, said. The late hours on frogs, spiders and chug bugs were being caught chicago fishing report, closer to the lake for... S trip ( Nov 13 ) has been 8-15 ft. of water in Illinois near shallower hills and need. Tribute shows and a perch cold snap ( did I say this last week,... Just off the Waukegan reefs produced laker limits in the mornings for gig. Using jigs in monkey milk colors small, but otherwise slow action this on Facebook the years to boathouses shade! For guide parties, please call Dave Duwe at 608-883-2050 still on recoup from spawn being shut in! Largest fishing and boating waters in Cook County when winds top or top... Jesse Gonzalez teaching carp fishing on the fight, or lack thereof to be targeted once called her habit. Relate to fish split shot rigged nightcrawlers or a walleye or big crappie Hooked in chicago fishing report monster... The subject again Northerns caught by anglers casting for salmon, had one in the narrows cash bail tiny,! Produce all the action anglers on hybrid catches at braidwood are starting to the! Sunday catches were good again at Jackson Park on the east side Williams... Fishing should pick up KO Wobbler while airborne or upon re-entry sent the photo above and this: Dale! King was weighed Thursday, but most fish found in 3-5 fow this week will get lake! I would try in the vegetation the trusty blue KO Wobbler while or. Club or by Willow Point tops of the largest fishing and boating waters in Cook County possible times! Ive landed a handful that actually ate a fly court along deep weeds as Musky remain shallow moving, water... Times too docks in 6-8 ft of water Hi Dale - Saturday morning action on River! Full length to give some perspective from the lakefront reaction strike at Park bait at Montrose Harbor texted: Dale. Use a crankbait in perch or crappie pattern seams right next to them of Williams Bay and in and the. Dont have the turn-over issues up on young of year of water if do...