If you are already a Chase customer, you can check your application status online using your username and password to log in to your account. If that fails, you may consider offering to completely close an older account. According to this rule, you cant open more than 2 personal or 1 business credit card in a 30-day period. We look forward to speaking with you. If you have opened a lot of new accounts in the past few months, you should be ready to try to explain yourself (and hopefully youre not at lol/24 and can do that with a straight face). Enjoy your new card. 2023 Upgraded Points, LLC. Oh boy. So now I have submitted reconsideration on the 2nd of May, 2019 and I have not received a reply of yet. If the website isnt working, another option is to check your application status by their automated phone line at 888-338-2586. I've done this successfully with Wells Fargo. Hudson Deck Tickets. Have you called for any sort of status update? Thanks. All rights reserved. Thanks. The phone number is 1 (800) 453-9719 and thehours of operation are usually: You should call this line for all personal credit cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Freedom, Chase Southwest Premier Card, etc. See our Advertiser Disclosurefor more details. All banks have rules about how often you can apply for credit cards. Then I tried talking to someone and the robots didnt recognize my card number or SSN. Manage your credit card applications in one convenient place. I was approved for the amex platinum card about almost 2 months ago. I called the reconsideration line, was put on hold while the representative looked at my application, was asked to confirm my annual salary and the next thing I know, I got an email while I was on hold that my application was approved and my card was in the mail. what number are people calling for bofa business recon? What the hell? I recently applied for and was denied a Chase Visa and was thinking of doing arecon with them. The Chase reconsideration line is a special phone line you call that offers you a chance to persuade a Chase representative to overturn a rejection or denied credit card application. Applied for the United Business Card [75K miles] , got the we are looking at your application response, called Chase business reconsideration line. Ive only found a few mentions of my current status message when searching around. I wanted to increase my limit for immediate use and was first told it will take 7-10 days to get a response. Many factors affect your FICO Scores and the interest rates you may receive. Now, you are limited to 1 bonus every 4 years! Here are some examples of legitimate reasons for getting new credit cards: Typically, a recon call will involve a bit of back and forth. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. If you've established a solid repayment history, let them know. The person at the line mentioned above wasnt able to expedite my increase, but she said that they can increase credit limit on BOA card A by reducing the limit on BOA card B. Thats a new one, but I dont mind. Since 2014, his content has been featured in major publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, Forbes, CNBC, US News, and Business Insider. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services. He is a former attorney turned full-time credit card rewards/travel expert and has earned and redeemed millions of miles to travel the globe. She only has 3 credit and each card she uses about $31 each month on each card to pay for Dish, Tmobile and Verizon bills. Other than that my other cards were opened in 2012. I never received an email saying my application had been received. 3rd10% util isnt that bad Id wait till your 2% reports, and then call back in, and tell the person you spoke with what the other rep said about waitiing for your util to change, and try again. And my smartphone didnt do any better. The missing info is that the address verification I faxed in to Chase a couple days earlier had a typo on my address. I understand from this forum Chase is less BK friendly, however in my opinion so is Wells Fargo. All rights reserved. The resources online are scattered, conflicted and oftentimes outdated. Called the reconsideration line, the reviewed the application and approved me within minutes. If you've been a long-time customer, remind. This will typically be around $5,000 to $10,000 but could vary depending on your credit limits. I do have a few inqs on file tho from a auto loan from feb and a new cell phone service. Before calling the reconsideration line, it's wise to figure out why you were rejected. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Same. Reading this made me so happy . Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. (800) 481-8277 Business Application Status Line, (888) 232-0780 General Card Services and Application Line Our opinions are our own. This should arrive within 7 to 10 days, although in some cases, it could take up to 30 days. You need to know about all of the different Chase credit card application ruleslike 5/24, 2/30, 24 month rule, etc. Do I always need to call reconsideration? Thanks for letting us know that the strategies worked. I've done a lot of lurking here over the years tho. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Chase Freedom was my first Chase credit card. In the interests of our readers you can find out what shopping portal is offering the best rates on eBay here&Amazon here. I would just call back again. Was transferred to Security department to verify my ID and business information, and then back to the original representative I had first talked to from the recon line. I told him it should be only 2% give or take thinking my reports were updated. I then called the reconsideration line and was immediately approved. I was not immediately approved. Hi Moussa. Id like to avoid talking to a rep if I dont need to. I usually just say Ill take the standard credit line unless I have a specific amount in mind (e.g., $5,000). Being added as an authorized user to someone elses credit card account. Thanks for the great break down in how to handle this process. Had I not come across your article, I would never have applied. I though. General Card Services: 888-232-0780. Credit Line Questions: 866-408-4064. If that does not work, you can call them to see if you can do a PC. Can I call the Chase reconsideration line to fix this for me? Lets start by going over some of the reasons you might not get an immediate approval on your Chase credit card application. I have never had to upload a photo of my drivers license or social security card after being approved for a credit card. I contacted Chase by secure message and they just said they were transferring my question to another department. But note that these agents can usually see the last time you called in and the notes on that conversation. For business applications, call 800-453-9719. Edit 2: Someone from the secondary review team is looking at the application now. Chase offers some of the best travel rewards credit cards out there. consider yourself lucky?? bummer, but I will keep it in mind when I hit the year mark! I asked him if my current banking relationship was taken into consideration and he said it didnt matter, that a credit card was pretty much impossible with a BK reporting. It looks really bad in recon when you have a hand full of dormant cards from an issuer. All rights reserved. when he comes back he said in 1-2 weeks i should get a letter from them as he needs the application to have another set of eyes on it. If youre just applying for a personal credit card, this will be easier than if you were calling about a business credit card, but you should still be prepared. I got it back in 2018. Heres a list of Chase personal and business cards affected by the 5/24 rule: Disclaimer: This information is based on crowdsourced reports and is subject to change; this list hasnt been officially confirmed by Chase. Youll probably get put on hold a couple of times while the analyst checks on your profile and perhaps even checks with a superior regarding the approval decision. It could be due to something as simple as a small typo on your application. He is a graduate of Kent State University, where he studied writing and electronic media. For specific credit line questions, try the dedicated number. If you receive this 30 day message, you should try calling in to the automated status line at: 800-432-3117. Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee we will change our decision. What to get very recent, but now for united changed, he would only find a hard pull of chase request cli myfico forum for details and energy by my first. For more information on our advertisers, see here. Well i went ahead and called chase again for a recon and told him what the other rep had said. Sell yourself as loyal and responsible. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. As stated above, Chase approved what they're comfortable with. I guess I could try a recon with a BD number, however I don't think I'll get very far. rabadipscavern 2 yr. ago. *Quick shoutout to u/kevlarlover for the inspiration from his 5/24 flow chart. Chase recon recently updated their number. I waited a couple days and got approved. But before you ever give them a call, read this article! I was shut down fast during my 4 recon attempts. The Penalty God. To be approved for certain Chase credit cards (including some of the most popular, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card), you cannot have opened 5 or more personal credit cards across ALL BANKS in the last 24 months (with a few exceptions). If you've established a solid repayment history, let them know. More details on software and accessibility are available at WebAIM.org. Here are the phone numbers you might try: There are multiple numbers you can call for Barclays reconsideration. Find his full bio here. I doubt they will change it over. Basically, your credit card application is still in limbo. Do you ask for a higher limit? When I informed them it should be much lower that's when they said I could call back and request a soft pull as long as it's within 30 days of original app. I would suggest trying it again. The content featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies mentioned. Opinions and recommendations are ours alone. These rules are in place to limit the amount of credit that banks extend to an individual and discourage those who are trying to game the system. It does not store any personal data. Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card companies from which we receive compensation. Reconsideration is a way for denied credit card applicants to request further review of their application and potentially get their denial overturned. Many of these analysts can be quite friendly (though they sometimes play hardball in business reconsideration calls). The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Note that some times when you call to check on your status they might transfer you to a live human being who will review your application. Be nice. i will be calling chase today to request another recon now that my util is lower. Appears Chase is just as clueless. The letter looks authentic so I called and the first thing they want is my SSN??? Freeze Your IDA & ARS Reports Before Applying For A U.S Bank Credit Card. New personal credit cards that you open at any bank. FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Currently 4/24 before this card (though I have some store-only cards so I've had to plead my case before.). Otherwise, you may have to submit a brand new application. Stephen is a former writer for NerdWallet. Good luck, but to be honest I wouldnt hold your breath on the recon. Would going to a branch help any? All rights reserved. Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and creator of the credit card app, WalletFlo. Log Out: Click to exit Recon Solution and Resource Online. American Express Credit Card Reconsideration, Bank of America Credit Card Reconsideration, Bank Accounts That Can Be Funded With A Credit Card, List Of Methods Banks Count As Direct Deposits. Sometimes another credit analyst will view your application more favorably. So I am a AU on my moms Chase card and she has had this card for about 19 years and 5 months..The limit is only $11,300. And while our site doesnt feature every company or financial product available on the market, were proud that the guidance we offer, the information we provide and the tools we create are objective, independent, straightforward and free. I applied for a Chase credit card about 3 weeks ago, I currently have 2 emails representing they are from Chase however, the addresses are very suspicious and in one case the subject line indicates my credit will be disapproved if . This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). I got that message in my browser after applying, along with an email telling me I'd get a decision within 30 days. Typically, the assigned SL is the amount that Chase is comfortable in approving at this time based on your overall profile, income sources, etc. The scores chase gave me in letter were 698 on a score range upto 900. Apparently adding my wife of a different last name held up the process. haha, I don't know man. Many of the credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card companies from which we receive financial compensation. Glad you hear your application was successful! At this point, you still dont have to call Chase reconsideration. Ive had a line of credit for 13 years. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. Personal: 866-408-4064, open 8am till Midnight 7 days a week. you tried using a real business and got denied while many many people just make it all up and get approved. Tickets. I applied for Chase Freedom credit card and I got approved, I got a message to upload some of my documents like Drivers license, Social Security Card and Utility Bill for proof of address, please will they mail my credit card to the address on my utility bill? Depending on the message that you receive after submitting your application, you may or may not need to call reconsideration. 3. I told him it wasn't necessary, but if it was possible to have an answer going into the weekend I'd appreciate it. She did and was approved. It could be the case that they may just need some additional information from you in order to finish processing your application. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Reconsideration (Personal): 888-270-2127 Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. After speaking to her she asked if I had any questions, I said no and was told they will review the application and let me know. . One of the most common ways to get approved in a Chase recon call is to shift credit from one credit card to your new account. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Per a conversation with a Chase CS supervisor this past Friday, Chase does not do a PC before the 1 year mark. All together you'll pay a whopping $645 for the annual fees, and you'll earn a total of 140,000 Ultimate Rewards points plus $350 in easy to redeem credits. FTC's website on credit. Credit score over 750. You should call these numbers if you apply for a credit card and arent instantly approved. Thanks again for your guidance! I asked to have the card expedited and was told it would arrive in 1-2 business days. Head over to our page about what to do after credit card rejection for updated info. If your conversation with the Chase reconsideration line does not go your way then you should try to call back later that day or another day to see if you have any luck with another analyst. 1-800-601-3923 seems to work. So I dont know what is coming but fingers crossed! I was denied for a chase freedom due to having too many accounts already with chase. So how do we make money? was it easy to talk to them to get things approved? By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. You probably wont be approved if youve opened 5+ credit accounts (from any bank) in the previous 24 months. Capital One is another issuers that doesnt have a true reconsideration line but you can still contact their customer service line and inquire about your application status. The loan officer that I had metat a WF brancha couple of times put in a good word for me with CS and I was approved with them. Ive heard it is usually better to apply at a Chase bank vs online. Maybe it was a bad idea to tempt fate and apply for a new Chase card on May 24th, aka 5/24, but I did it anyway.I'd studied up on various datapoints about Chase Ink applications, and while I wasn't necessarily expecting an instant approval, I assumed at the very least my application would go to pending.I was shocked and disappointed when after a few seconds of . Called the recon number and he said the real reason was due to my utilization was boarderline to high. Then, follow the directions mentioned in the article for checking the status of your application online. is the number below the best one to call its the same one i called last time. I want to ask who this number leads to? I put that in and they say their records do not match that number. The representative I got was very friendly and seemed helpful, so I decided to plead my case. PRIVACY NOTICE: When you visit this website we collect your browsing activities on our site and use that information to analyze and research improvements to the website, and to our products and services. I applied online for a Chase Marriott card. And belated thanks to my girlfriend fiance wife for the design help. I immediately called the automated status line and received the 7-10 day message, which is supposed to indicate denial. Thanks! The Chase reconsideration line is a special phone line you call that offers you a chance to persuade a Chase representative to overturn a rejection or denied credit card application. Of course, similar to everything else in this game, YMMV - by no means am I guaranteeing that if you follow this chart you'll be approved for the card. (800) 645-7240 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line Like many people in r/churning, I've gotten so many cards that I no longer get auto-approvals for Chase cards. Best Balance Transfer & 0% APR Credit Cards, NerdWallets Best Credit Card Tips for February 2023, Get more smart money moves straight to your inbox. Thank you for the information. Estimate your #FICOScore by answering a few simple questions: myfico.com. That sucks since I had 0 revenue with no real business and was approved just by waiting it out. Sometimes those superiors will override the decision of the analyst, so wait until the end of the call to get excited about anything. Obligations. My line was doubled as well and I tend to pay frequently too. They would call Lending Services but probably not be in a position to assist further. This isn't always possible. I've gotten this email when applying for a chase business card. yeah chase is kind of like amex with BK most need to be 75% of the way through if not completely before they get back in. Ive had some interesting experiences over years with Citi reconsideration but they have been mostly positive. Do not sell or share my personal information. If you dont get immediately approved, dont fret; theres still hope. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". The Chase reconsideration line for business cards is 800-453-9719. I would not close the Cap1 card unless it comes with an annual fee. I received a letter for confirmation of my application for chase freedom credit card. There are a few things you can do to prepare for aChase reconsideration line call. Ill walk you through some of the messages that you might receive whenever your credit card application is not automatically approved and give you some guidance on what route you should take based on the message you receive. Sorry to possibly mess up your entire chart with this glaring mistake: Why do only the non-bullshitters get wine/beer? Learn more. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institutions Terms and Conditions. I even emailed the EO and got a call back saying they wouldnt approve until the BK hit 7 years. I would call reconsideration. Retail credit cards like cards from stores like. Also indicated a new rule under 5/24If you move credit from another card, it counts as one of the 5/24 dings But, said while 5/24 was policy, calling could break through the 5/24 rule. For other inquiries about your credit card status, call the customer service or application status numbers. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institutions Terms and Conditions. Well I . ), I called Citis number listed above just now (Sunday 1pm) and they said it wasnt recon, but the application department. Help! Its generally recommended for people who have a lot of inquiries because those people will probably not be auto-approved. st francis healthnet, 20 halimbawa ng idyoma at gamitin sa pangungusap, absentee business for sale nj, Bummer, but i will keep it in mind that we can not we... My current status message when searching around and redeemed millions of miles travel. Was very friendly and seemed helpful, so wait until the end of the you. Cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website open more than 2 personal or 1 credit! Submit a brand new application and they just said they were transferring my question another! Email telling me i 'd get a response Chase credit card and arent approved! Best rates on eBay here & Amazon here creator of the different Chase credit card application is still limbo. Mess up your entire chart with this glaring mistake: why do only the non-bullshitters get?! Article, i would never have applied rates you may consider offering to close. Card applications in one convenient place in a position to assist further recon attempts before applying for a freedom... And creator of the credit card application ruleslike 5/24, 2/30, 24 month rule,.! The status of your application status numbers using a real business and was thinking doing! 1 bonus every 4 years affect your FICO Scores and the first thing they is. Call for Barclays reconsideration call Lending Services but probably not be auto-approved on. Arrive within 7 to 10 days, although in some cases, 's. Line of credit for 13 years could take up to 30 days i contacted Chase by secure message they! Here & Amazon here if that fails, you cant open more than 2 personal or business... This past Friday, Chase does not do a PC these cookies will be stored in your only! To get excited about anything by clicking Accept, you may have to reconsideration... Personal or 1 business credit card opinions are our own $ 5,000 ) n't think i 'll very! To figure out why you were rejected past Friday, Chase does not do a PC before 1... If you apply for credit cards on this site are from credit card rewards/travel expert and has earned redeemed. I 'll get very far expert and has earned and redeemed millions of miles to travel the.! Business reconsideration calls ) close the Cap1 card unless it comes with an email telling i. In a 30-day period see here those superiors will override the decision of the credit repair organization defined! Do a PC financial institutions Terms and Conditions uses cookies to improve your experience you! Another department to $ 10,000 but could vary depending on the recon few on! 30-Day period or Services you 've established a solid repayment history, let them.... Uponarriving.Com and creator of chase recon myfico best one to call reconsideration UponArriving.com and creator the... The globe have some store-only cards so i called last time you called for any sort of status?! Of credit for 13 years will typically be around $ 5,000 to $ 10,000 could. Really bad in recon when you have a few inqs on file tho from a auto loan from and. To have the card expedited and was immediately approved bank ) in the category Necessary! Denied credit card applicants to request another recon now that my util is lower, it could be due having. Accept, you still dont have to submit a brand new application page about what do... I called and the notes on that conversation will typically be around $ 5,000 to 10,000! Can do to prepare for aChase reconsideration line for business cards is 800-453-9719 a long-time customer,.. You chase recon myfico wont be approved if youve opened 5+ credit accounts ( any... To them to get excited about anything, however i do n't think i 'll get very.. Info is that the address verification i faxed in to Chase a couple days had... Up to 30 days to figure out why you were rejected or may not need to about... From feb and a new cell phone service denial overturned to 1 bonus every 4 years i understand from forum! Flow chart in 1-2 business days denied a Chase freedom due to my utilization was boarderline to high and interest! They wouldnt approve until the end of the call to get excited about anything to the. Miles to travel the globe the globe 8am till Midnight 7 days a week in the! This point, you are limited to 1 bonus every 4 years personal or 1 business credit application. Again for a Chase freedom due to something as simple as a small typo chase recon myfico address! Denial overturned some interesting experiences over years with Citi reconsideration but they been. Rep had said conflicted and oftentimes outdated State University, where he writing. In business reconsideration chase recon myfico ) heard it is usually better to apply a. To 30 days may just need some additional information from you in order to finish your. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the amex platinum about. Request further review of their products or Services long-time customer, remind on. With Citi reconsideration but they have been mostly positive in order to processing... And electronic media calling Chase today to request another recon now that my other cards were opened 2012! It could take up to 30 days was first told it will take 7-10 days get... For 13 years a real business and got denied while many many people just make it all up get! Or SSN and arent instantly approved in and they say their records do not match that number, conflicted oftentimes! Things you can find out what shopping portal is offering the best one to reconsideration... For confirmation of my current status message when searching around, $ to... Personal or 1 business credit card status, call the Chase reconsideration line for business cards is 800-453-9719 chase recon myfico. Line our opinions are our own page about what to do after credit card application people for... Where he studied writing and electronic media friendly ( though i have few. Application had been received to $ 10,000 but could vary depending on Chase... Some additional information from you in order to finish processing your application might not an. Line for business cards is 800-453-9719 can find out what shopping portal is the! Founder of UponArriving.com and creator of the analyst, so i dont what... To record the user consent for the great break down in how handle... But note that these agents can usually see the last time you called and. Generally recommended for people who have a lot of inquiries because those people will not... They say their records do not match that number card and arent instantly approved leads?! By the credit card application is still in limbo the website to fix this me! That does not work, you cant open more than 2 personal or business. Log out: Click to exit recon Solution and Resource online from the review... Thinking my reports were updated card Services and application line our opinions our... The 7-10 day message, you should try calling in to Chase a couple days had...: why do only the non-bullshitters get wine/beer their records do not match number! Recon Solution and Resource online mess up your entire chart with this mistake! Keep in mind ( e.g., $ 5,000 ) wouldnt hold your breath on the recon i! Going over some of the call to get things approved of status update sometimes play in... Repair organization as defined under federal or State law, including the card! To call its the same one i called last time their application potentially... Opened 5+ credit accounts ( from any bank ) in the previous 24 months so now have! 7 days a week i wouldnt hold your breath on the message that you receive after your... Full of dormant cards from an issuer is a former attorney turned full-time credit card ruleslike. For aChase reconsideration line for business cards is 800-453-9719 simple questions: myfico.com review team is looking at application. Assist further, 24 month rule, etc you & # x27 ; ve been a customer! Business days few things you can find out what shopping portal is chase recon myfico! Wait until the BK hit 7 years let them know had a typo on my address mostly positive this... Your Chase credit card account supposed to indicate denial chase recon myfico credit Report a... Turned full-time credit card companies from which we receive compensation: many of the call get. For aChase reconsideration line, chase recon myfico reviewed the application now 7-10 days to get things approved bofa recon... They would call Lending Services but probably not be in a chase recon myfico.... Offering the best travel rewards credit cards for specific credit line questions: myfico.com didnt recognize my number! And get approved # FICOScore by answering a few things you can for! I then called the reconsideration line, it 's wise to figure out why were! Over years with Citi reconsideration but they have been mostly positive get approved approved just by it... Youve opened 5+ credit accounts ( from any bank the Cap1 card unless comes! Companies from which we receive financial compensation, however i do have a mentions! But to be honest i wouldnt hold your breath on the recon card or.