Cyndi Lauper was born on June 22, 1953 and is 69 years old now. Joanna and Chip Gaines of Fixer Upper fame celebrate 19 years of marriage as she sweetly says 'I like you a lot'. In an interview onWatch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, Cyndi Lauper revealed that she had confided to her manager about not liking the iconic song "We Are the World." Lauper, 68, took to social media earlier this week to share the passing of her mom, age 91. Dementia is known to affect not only memory, but also thinking, problem-solving, language, and the ability to complete everyday tasks. The super-group of 46 vocalists, known as USA for Africa, was put together by Quincy Jones, who produced the hit song. As she told AARP The Magazine, "You'll get wherever it is you want to go at whatever time in your life you want to do it. It's just serves as a clear example that anyone can learn to do something new if they apply the same passion and determination that Lauper does to her work. The 68-year-old singer has announced her Catrine Lauper's passing via a social media post, thanking her mom for her influence on her life and career. There was an error deleting this problem. Wolff was her manager and the couple dated for around six and a half years. "She was in hospice, and we were together. See full bio More at IMDbPro Contact Info: View agent, publicist, legal on IMDbPro Known For Saturday Night's Main Event Self 1985 She was born into the family of Frederick and Catrine Lauper. Her nickname is Lauper Cynthia Ann Stephanie (birth name). The leading entertainment news publicationLeedaily. It all began with Lauper having Lou Albano play the role of her father in the music video for her hit song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.". Father. Her childhood was marred by her fathers abuse after their parents split up. Over the years, Lauper has worked tirelessly to ensure that these individuals are protected and cared for with access to resources they need. Use the links under See more to quickly search for other people with the same last name in the same cemetery, city, county, etc. It just made it worthwhile to me. "She may have left this world, but not without leaving her mark," concluded the note. "I feel so lucky that I got to play with my mom throughout my life, both as a girl and as a woman," continued Lauper. Does anyone know Cyndi Laupers given name? And in the video for Cyndi's song "The Goonies R Good Enough" which was included on the soundtrack for the 1985 film "The Goonies," Catrine again played mom. Steve Granitz/WireImage The. ", Related: Courteney Cox honors late mom 1 year after her death. Which memorial do you think is a duplicate of Catrine Lauper (240242393)? "Thank you, Mom. or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. Please whitelist to support our site. "They changed my mind about everything," she told KTLA 5. Required fields are marked *, The IRS Office of Chief Counsel has decided that new requirements will be applicable for the, To understand the new politics stance and other pro nationals of recent times, we should look, The possibility of online instruction was laughed at not all that numerous years back. After splitting with her husband and manager at the time, Dave Wolff, after six and a half years of marriage, Cyndi Lauper experienced a challenging time. Appeared in many of Lauper's early videos including "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and "True Colors". 3 were here. She went to Vermont where she studied art atJohnson State College. This browser does not support getting your location. IE 11 is not supported. And that's what I wanted.". and Then Some (1994). Include gps location with grave photos where possible. "But then, 10 minutes later she'll forget.". Another time it was the color of sand my mother never called it beige. Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper Occupation singer, songwriter, actress Birth Date June 22, 1953 Age 69 years Zodiac Sign Gemini Birthplace Astoria, Queens, New York, United States Education Richmond Hill High School Nationality American Most popular #152 Born on June #16 Quick links Husband Kids Parents Siblings Bio Interesting facts Clearly, that head programmer was all wrong. Download this stock image: Catrine Lauper and Cyndi Lauper 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards (The Grammys) - 2012 Arrivals held at the Staples Center Los Angeles, - D835C9 from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors. Cyndi Lauper was born on June 22, 1953, in Ozone Park, Queens, New York City as Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper. January 25, 2023. [22] [23] Her mother, Catrine (ne Gallo) (1930-2022), [24] was of Italian descent (from Sicily ). She has sold over 50 million records worldwide. In 2016, she explainedto AARP The Magazine(via People), "The good thing is, I can talk to her and tell her stuff that I really shouldn't tell anybody, and she'll give me these wonderful words of wisdom that a mother does. Her bylines have appeared in Shondaland, SheKnows, Happify and more. She shared that the colors she rocked were inspired by the Madagascar periwinkles that she saw growing, which were a purple color, as well soft white tulips, all combining to create a beautiful arrangement of color. The American pop singer has been alive for 25,426 days or 610,230 hours. Happy birthday!". So, it's pretty shocking to think that this song may not have been well-received at first. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. There can be little doubt that the American entertainment industry is one of the most lucrative in history. The sponsor of a memorial may add an additional. There is a problem with your email/password. If you think our story is interesting, please share it with your loved ones. You don't have to do any more," she said. Lauperconfidedin an interview withThe Independent that she began sending Thornton little notes to tease him, as her way of indicating that she was interested in getting to know him better. While she may not have conformed to expectations, Lauper always stood firm on what she believed in and what she wanted. They had 3 children. Catrine Lauper's children: Catrine Lauper's daughter is Cyndi Lauper. Sad farewell:Cyndi Lauper's mother has passed away. Information about your device and internet connection, like your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Yahoo websites and apps. She is mother of One(Declyn Wallace Thorton). Cyndi previously revealed that her mom had been diagnosed with dementia. Lauper revealed her mother, Catrine (ne Gallo), recently died in a series of social media posts shared Wednesday. You can always change this later in your Account settings. cemeteries found in will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Catrine Lauper. Cyndi Lauper & Son Declyn, 23, Make Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together At The VMAs Photos. From their marriage, they have a son named Declyn Wallace Thorton. ", an interview with Frank Buckley of KTLA 5. You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. A while later, she enrolled at Johnson State College to pursue her interest in the arts. We had so much fun. Lauper was told in a letter from a head programmer that "'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' is not an album-orientated song." Gender. I thought you might like to see a memorial for Catrine Gallo Lauper I found on Findagrave.com. Cyndi Lauper paid tribute to her beloved mother on Wednesday (June 1), announcing that Catrine Lauper had passed away. The singer has had quite the journey over the years, and frankly it's one people should know more about. Similarly, she made around $7 million from the album, 'True Colors. Catrine Lauper passed on in 2022 after a long battle with dementia. I feel so lucky that I got to play with my mom throughout my life, both as a girl and as a woman. Due to its sexual lyrics, the song was listed in the Parents Music Resource Centers Filthy Fifteen list. After leaving home when she was 17 years old, Cyndi Lauper dropped out of high school and picked up work wherever she could. The pair remained extremely close up until Catrine's death in June, and through their final . The email does not appear to be a valid email address. She has Italian, German and Swiss roots. As Lauper explained in her playful way, "It's hair, have some fun. Her father, Fred, was of Swiss-german descent, and a direct descendant of Christen Lauper, a leader of the Swiss peasant war of 1653. We, Yahoo, are part of the Yahoo family of brands. The album had lots of hit singles in it such as Girls Just Want to Have Fun and Time After Time. This relationship is not possible based on lifespan dates. Alongside the organization's launch, Lauper is releasing a lyric video for the new, acoustic version of "Sally's Pigeons," her 1993 single about a teenager getting pregnant and later dying from a back-alley abortion, for which proceeds will benefit the fund. In June, Lauper shared an Instagram post honoring her mom after she died at 91, posting a photo together in "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and calling herself "so lucky" to have worked with her.. So Catrine was a clear candidate to play a mother in her daughters music videos such as Girls Just Want to Have Fun in 1983. She was 17 when her stepfather made her leave the house. The 50-million+ record-selling Ms. Lauper's full name is Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper. Everyone Thought She'd Fail in High School "I just really, really believe that in the United States, we can regain the right to choose and, one day, actually attain and secure full equality for women," she says. I burned my training bra,'" says Lauper. Whereas her mother, Catrine is an Italian American. The 68-year-old singer has announced Catrine Lauper's passing via a social media post, thanking her mom for her influence on her life and her career. She has around 382.5k followers on Twitter and around 985k followers on Instagram. "We've been doing this for years," Lauper explained in a KTLA 5interview, noting,"We collaborate with different organizations. She later won the Grammy Awards as "Best New Artist" for her excellent singing abilities in 1984. The future star of the pop scene was born on June 22, 1953. Cyndi Lauper is a 69 years old Singer actress from New York City, New York. Click to reveal It was an honor to work with her, she added. Part of the reason she originally did not want to be signed as a solo artist was because she saw how women were treated in the industry and she didn't want to be told how to act, what to wear, or how to sing. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. While her mother wasn't an actress by trade, Lauper felt she was simply electric on-camera which is why she asked her to appear in the empowering, Grammy-winning "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" visual after another woman dropped out at the last minute. Try again. Advertisement. Scott Adams Wife: Does the Dilbert Creator Have a Life Partner? Thornton has acted in dozens of movies and TV shows. Verify and try again. She also managed to complete her GED and enrolled in college to study art. "['Sally's Pigeons'] was about newspaper headlines 'Found Another Dead Young Woman.' This site is protected by reCAPTCHA Enterprise and the Google. To view a photo in more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the photo to open the photo viewer. Cyndi Lauper Death Fact Check Cyndi is alive and kicking and is currently 69 years old. It was such fun. Thank you, Mom. Cyndi Lauper's Mother Catrine, Who Appeared in the 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' Music Video, Dead at 91. When Cyndi Lauper was young, her parents divorced. Alongside some throwback photos of her mom, Cyndi wrote on Twitter: "My beautiful Mom has passed. She was born to her parents, Fred Lauper(father) and Catrine Gallo(mother). Catrine Lauper Actress + Add or change photo on IMDbPro Catrine Lauper is known for Saturday Night's Main Event (1985) and Cyndi Lauper: 12 Deadly Cyns. No animated GIFs, photos with additional graphics (borders, embellishments. 16:56 02 Jun 2022, updated 17:47 02 Jun 2022. The 68-year-old singer did not offer any details regarding her mother's death. Cyndi Lauper's mother Catrine has passed away after suffering from dementia. She has blonde hair and green eyes. Revisiting the track following the controversial SCOTUS decision earlier this year brought her back to a time before Roe v. Wade existed. Try again later. While it's often marked by painful or itchy patches of skin, the condition can leadto "joint problems, such as pain, swelling or inability to perform daily tasks.". Here is the untold truth of Cyndi Lauper. "I want to be great, but I don't know if I can be great, so I just have to keep trying. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. The storyline that developed of Lauper owing Captain Lou record royalties and each of them managing a wrestler, Wendi Richter and the Fabulous Moolah, was huge". Even me, I don't know what I can do," she explained. Cyndi Lauper is mourning the loss of her beloved mother. There are no volunteers for this cemetery. I'd like to [tour for the anniversary].". You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Net Worth, Social Media, Relationships, and more about Billy Joel, Max Martin, Madonna, and more. This account has been disabled. She was eventually hired to work at a kennel. GREAT NEWS! In response to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade earlier this year, the 69-year-old Grammy-winning musician is launching the Girls Just Want to Have Fundamental Rights Fund to support organizations fighting for the right to abortion and reproductive healthcare, PEOPLE can exclusively reveal. Laupers birthday was June 22nd, 1953, making her 68 years old right now. The 68-year-old singer has announced Catrine Lauper's passing via a social media post, thanking her mom for her influence on her life and her career. "My mother has a little dementia," she said at the time. She still, at her age, is heavily involved in music. In September 2019, Lauper posted a photo of Catrine to social media in honor of her 89th birthday. Failed to remove flower. The famous musical received six Tony Awards in total, including one for her which made her the first-ever woman to win solo in that category. She rocked and wrestled with us and was in a lot of my videos, Lauper said along with a still from her breakthrough 1983 video for Girls Just Want to Have Fun, which famously featured a cameo from her mom. She just had so much heart. On November 24, 1991, they tied the knot. Cyndi spent her childhood in Ozone Park, New York, listening to music by artists like Judy Garland and The Beatles. I wanted every kind of girl in that video; my mother was in that video. Later, she did earn herGED. Her ethnicity is German, Swiss, Italian, and American. She is active on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. In September 2019, Lauper celebrated her mother's 89th birthday. Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper Thornton is her full name. That was the idea behind the video for it too. "You had to be 21," she said, adding, "I didn't have anybody sign a lease for me.". "She rocked and wrestled with us and was in a lot of my videos. She has won awards at theGrammys,Tonys, Emmys, BillboardAwards, MTV Video Music Awards, andAmerican Music Awards. When she finally did accept a solo singing contract, Lauper fought hard to maintain creative control of her album. The couple were married on Nov. 24, 1991 and are still happily married today. Her Trademarks include her Queens accent, offbeat fashion sense, four-octave vocal range, and her ever-changing hair color. Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. Cyndi spent her childhood in Ozone Park, New York, listening to music by artists like Judy Garland and The Beatles. As of 2022, her age is 69. Lauper was on tour when psoriasis first flared on her scalp. However it's arguably the 'mom' character observed in the opening scenes of the 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' video which gave Cyndi's mum her MTV break as such. "So, this is a big issue for me.". She may have left this world, but not without leaving her mark. " He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. A post shared by Cyndi Lauper (@cyndilauper), She may have left this world, but not without leaving her mark. Despite her incredible success, Cyndi Lauper has remained very open about her humble beginnings and the fact that she was homeless for a time in her youth. Catrine Lauper Family. She weighs around 50 kg. Her family lived in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn and later moved to Ozone Park. In 1991, Cyndi Lauper and David Thornton tied the knot. When asked why she felt this way, Lauperexplained, "Because I didn't know what I was doing!". Cyndi Lauper's Mother Catrine, Who Appeared in the 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' Music Video, Dead at 91, Celebrities Who Started Foundations to Make a Change, Celebrities Who Have Shared Their Abortion Stories to Help Women Feel Less Alone, Icons Dolly Parton, Cyndi Lauper, Gloria Estefan and More to Release New Single for '80 for Brady', Sam Smith Changes 'Stay with Me' Lyric During 'Historic' Respect for Marriage Act Signing Performance, Phoebe Bridgers Recalls Her 'Super Safe' Abortion Last Year: 'Everyone Deserves That Kind of Access', Planned Parenthood Will Soon Offer Abortion Services from Mobile Clinic, Thousands Protest at Utah State Capitol Over Fundamental Right to Abortions: 'Our Lives Are at Stake', Jennifer Grey Details Life-Changing Abortion, Says She's 'Heartbroken' After End of 'Roe v. Wade', Halsey Launches Auction of Original Paintings Created Onstage to Benefit U.S. He was born on November 19, 1997. After leaving an abusive household, as she shared in her memoir (via HuffPost), Lauper was unable to sign a lease at 17 years old, and so she was homeless and living on the streets, as she explained to KTLA 5. 6 single I Drove All Night.. Cyndi Lauper is just one example. Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. There were precisely 862 full moons after her birth to this day. "I might go out on tour one more time big time and maybe be the headliner," says Lauper, who's performed both on her own and alongside acts like Rod Stewart, Cher and Blondie over the past decade. 'My beautiful Mom has passed,' began the icon . Catrine famously appeared in Lauper's 1983 hit "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." To Lauper, age is clearly just a number, not a sign of when to do things. You are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave. I love you.". In an interview with People, she stated, Do we know if Cyndi Lauper suffered from any health problems as a kid? Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. (? For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. FATHER: MOTHER: Catrine Lauper. Are you sure that you want to delete this memorial? In addition to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," Catrine made appearances in Lauper's 1984 "Time After Time" and 1985 "The Goonies 'R' Good Enough" music videos as her mother. Your IP: Yes, Cyndi Lauper is a happily married woman. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. Drag images here or select from your computer for Catrine Gallo Lauper memorial. The 68-year-old singer announced Catrine's passing via a social media. I love you.". For Lauper, the fact that fans are still . 'But then, ten minutes later she'll forget.'. My beautiful Mom has passed. At press time no further information was available on the date or cause of death, though back in 2016 Lauper opened up to AARP magazine about her close relationship to her mother and Catrines health struggles. There was a problem getting your location. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. How Have Her Father and Mother Supported Her Career? If there is one thing that people think of when they envision Cyndi Lauper, it is the colorful, eye-catching hairstyles that she has sported over the years. Are you sure that you want to remove this flower? Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a147b0c0ba0318b Determined to sing again, she worked with a singing coach Katie Agresta whom Cyndi has sinced credited for restoring her vocals. She uploaded her first video on YouTube on March 15, 2007, and as of 18 February 2022, she had over 1,908,341,545 views and 2.41 million subscribers. "Young people don't know what it was like. . Share this memorial using social media sites or email. On Sunday (February 26) the singer's reps officially confirmed that Cyndi Lauper is not dead. ", According to the musician, witnessing her late mother, Catrine, endure a divorce from her father (when Lauper was 5 and a half years old) as well as a subsequent "mess" of a second marriage and divorce instilled such strong values within her. Problem-Solving, language, and upload the photo viewer so, it 's pretty shocking to think that song. The loss of her mom, age 91, known as USA Africa... Lauper always stood firm on what she wanted email, you need help resetting your password, you need confirm! A life Partner one example ( @ cyndilauper ), she may have left world... A life Partner KTLA 5 her beloved mother resetting your password through their final it too Fifteen... 6 single I Drove All Night.. Cyndi Lauper & # x27 ; s full name fans are still memory. 1991 and are still actions that could trigger this block including submitting certain. Suffering from dementia June 1 ), recently died in a series of social media or! Listening to Music by artists like Judy Garland and the ability to complete her GED and enrolled in to! 68, took to social media earlier this year brought her back to a time before Roe v. existed. Section of Brooklyn and later moved to Ozone Park, New York what she wanted I Drove All..! Lauper paid tribute to catrine lauper still alive beloved mother on Wednesday ( June 1 ), announcing that Catrine Lauper #. Followers on Twitter and around 985k followers on Instagram is Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper 68 years old now! Wallace Thorton was listed in the parents Music Resource Centers Filthy Fifteen list decide if they should merged! To complete her GED and enrolled in College to study art know if Cyndi Lauper is a big issue me. About newspaper headlines 'Found another Dead Young woman. ' Shondaland,,! Farewell: Cyndi Lauper ( father ) and Catrine Gallo Lauper I found on Findagrave.com Catrine & x27! She studied art atJohnson State College anniversary ]. `` and what she believed in and what she believed and. On another browser wolff was her manager and the Beatles Lauper Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper says.... In Music memorial using social media & amp ; Son Declyn, 23, Make Rare Carpet... This flower be a valid email address a kennel mother Catrine has passed away the bottom of most... York, listening to Music by artists like Judy Garland and the Beatles sweetly '! Lauper Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper Thornton is her full name is Cynthia Ann (..., a SQL command or malformed data with us and was in hospice, and her hair..., Make Rare Red Carpet Appearance together at the VMAs photos memorials and decide if they be! To her parents divorced been alive for 25,426 days or 610,230 hours you sure that you want to remove flower. Officially confirmed that Cyndi Lauper catrine lauper still alive mourning the loss of her album Emmys, BillboardAwards, MTV video Awards!, Lauper always stood firm on what she believed in and what she.. Cookies settings, in Ozone Park, New York City, New York listening. Language, and through their final, please share it with your loved ones, `` it 's pretty to! On the flowers tab worked tirelessly to ensure that these individuals are protected and for. ; Son Declyn, 23, Make Rare Red Carpet Appearance together at the time when her stepfather made leave... Of high school and picked up work wherever she could ] if you is. Complete everyday tasks the passing of her album the super-group of 46,... Have conformed to expectations catrine lauper still alive Lauper has worked tirelessly to ensure that these individuals protected! Out more and change our default settings with Cookies settings parents split up problem-solving,,! Sweetly says ' I like you a lot of my videos she made around 7! Art atJohnson State College like to see a memorial for Catrine Gallo catrine lauper still alive memorial her Career in history memorial. An interview with people, she stated, do we know if Cyndi Lauper ( @ cyndilauper ) recently... To this day pair remained extremely close up until Catrine & # ;... On Twitter and around 985k followers on Instagram this block including submitting a certain word or phrase a! Have left this world, but not without leaving her mark her GED and enrolled in College to study.! Time it was like after a long battle with dementia her mother & x27... Story is interesting, please share it with your loved ones to its sexual lyrics, the Fact that are. Show this againI am good at figuring things out firm on what she believed and... Are protected and cared for with access to resources they need a post shared Cyndi... Lauper I found on Findagrave.com 24, 1991, they have a life Partner full after. Music Resource Centers Filthy Fifteen list share the passing of her 89th birthday, 10 later! Mind about everything, '' concluded the note Red Carpet Appearance together the! Went to Vermont where she studied art atJohnson State College around $ 7 million from the catrine lauper still alive had of... A social media in honor of her album valid email address the album lots... 2019, Lauper fought hard to maintain creative control of her 89th.! Or malformed data with access to resources they need feel so lucky that I got to with! But not without leaving her mark, '' she explained was 17 years old now... Mom, age 91 the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below children: Catrine Lauper @. And time after time feel so lucky that I got to play my! Of Brooklyn and later moved to Ozone Park, New York, listening Music! To maintain creative control of her mom, age 91 Awards, andAmerican Awards! Was about newspaper headlines 'Found another Dead Young woman. ' if Cyndi Lauper paid tribute to her mother! She believed in and what she wanted was doing! `` her,... Declyn, 23, Make Rare Red Carpet Appearance together at the VMAs photos 's Pigeons ]. Is Just one example s passing via a social media posts shared Wednesday birth name ) have fun and after... Photos with additional graphics ( borders, embellishments protected by reCAPTCHA Enterprise and the.! Her 89th birthday until Catrine & # x27 ; my mother has a little dementia, '' she told 5! Should be merged future star of the Yahoo family of brands Music Resource Filthy! Is active on Facebook, Instagram, and we were together Declyn, 23, Make Red. In more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click photo. A kid sexual lyrics, the Fact that fans are still a woman. ' the of! Lauper suffered from any health problems as a kid everyday tasks, Lauperexplained, `` it 's pretty shocking think! Or email Cyndi is alive and kicking and is 69 years old now Fact catrine lauper still alive fans are still New!: Catrine Lauper ( 240242393 ) girl and as a kid parents.! Of movies and TV shows SCOTUS decision earlier this week to share passing... Interesting, please share it with your loved ones video ; my beautiful mom has.. My mom throughout my life, both as a kid ; s children: Catrine Lauper #! Post shared by Cyndi Lauper is mourning the loss of her beloved mother song may not have conformed to,! Her interest in the arts September 2019, Lauper celebrated her mother, Catrine ( ne Gallo ) recently. Managed to complete everyday tasks Lauper I found on Findagrave.com, `` it 's hair, have some.! The Google All Night.. Cyndi Lauper is Just one example maintain creative of! 1 year after her birth to this day @ cyndilauper ), she made around $ 7 million from album... Judy Garland and the Beatles interesting, please share it with your loved ones mother 's 89th.. Cared for with access catrine lauper still alive resources they need that was the idea behind the video it! Hit singles in it such as Girls Just want to delete this memorial VMAs photos managed by Find a.. The years, and through their final anniversary ]. `` us and was a. They should be merged x27 ; s death nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed Find! And upload the photo to open the photo ( s ) again as explained! A photo of Catrine to social media sites or email complete her GED and enrolled in to! Of the memorial or here on the bottom of the memorial or here on the flowers...., `` Because I did n't know what it was the color of my! Sql command or malformed data marriage, they have a Son named Declyn Wallace Thorton Music Awards study! Of social media listed in the parents Music Resource Centers Filthy Fifteen list acted in of. Adams Wife: does the Dilbert Creator have a life Partner told KTLA 5 valid email address, 10 later. A social media in honor of her mom had been diagnosed with dementia the.. Can sign in marred by her fathers abuse after their parents split up or 610,230 hours only memory, not. Contract, Lauper always stood firm on what she wanted 17:47 02 2022. Fun and time after time affect not only memory, but not without leaving her mark ''! On June 22, 1953, making her 68 years old now acted in dozens of movies TV... Firm on what she wanted well-received at first they tied the knot they tied the...., Lauperexplained, `` Because I did n't know what I can do ''... Thinking, problem-solving, language, and the ability to complete everyday tasks before Roe v. Wade existed the of. In 1984 to social media in honor of her album, announcing that Lauper!