I feel like Im able to step on the floor right now and contribute to a team, Reaves said in a NBA Combine zoom. Both of his parents played college basketball for Arkansas State. Doing much of his scoring with his pull-up jump shot creating separation in a variety of ways out of ball screens and isolations, Reaves also proved opportunistic attacking the rim, consistent in catch and shoot situations, and capable of finding the open man off the bounce. Austin Reaves has made at least $925,258 playing professional basketball. Birthday. ", Jovan Buha (@jovanbuha) February 26, 2023. Scoring in bunches on his best nights, Reaves also showed some talent as a passer as a senior. 40 prospect in the ESPN 100 NBA draft rankings, was named first-team All-Conference in the Big 12 after a productive season in which he averaged 18.4 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.6 . The latest in the sports world, emailed daily. I can score on all three levels I think. I'll f--- you up." Jovan Buha (@jovanbuha) February 26, 2023. Reaves finished with 17 points (5-8 FG, 4-7 3Pt, 3-3 FT), two rebounds, seven assists, one block and one steal over 27 minutes during Tuesday's 121-109 loss to the Grizzlies. Austin Reaves DraftExpress Profile: scouting reports, videos, stats and logs. Drains four triples in loss. [22] Reaves' brother, Spencer, played college basketball for North Greenville and Central Missouri before embarking on a professional career. Just with my basketball knowledge and willing to buy in to any type of role that any team wants to give me is something that I believe with the maturity part comes into play. High school career [ edit] Reaves attended Cedar Ridge High School in Newark, Arkansas. Austin Reaves is a 24-year old American professional basketball player who plays at the Shooting Guard position for the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA. The 23-year-old sharpshooter redshirted. 12 - Austin Reaves. Josh Green wants all Austin Reaves #Mavs pic.twitter.com/QZ0dVBusBJ. With the NBA Draft coming up, rookie Austin Reaves shares his experience. While he takes some wild shots at times, he made the simple play out of the pick and roll and displayed some craftiness getting the ball out of traffic. But he has shown that he will not back down from anyone and it is why he has carved himself out a significant role on this Lakers team. Reaves contributed 18 points (7-11 FG, 3-4 3Pt, 1-2 FT), four rebounds, two assists and one steal across 25 minutes during Thursday's 115-106 loss to the Bucks. NFL Draft Kit, Blue Los Angeles Lakers NBA Jerseys, Red Los Angeles Lakers NBA Jerseys, White Los Angeles Lakers NBA Jackets, White . Join us for a March Madness Webinar on Tuesday, March 7 at 8pm ET. (29-33, 12th place in NBA Western Conference). The Lakers will be back in action on Tuesday in another road matchup against the Memphis Grizzlies (36-23). He played college basketball for the Wichita State Shockers and the Oklahoma Sooners . Reaves finished with 17 points (5-8 FG, 4-7 3Pt, 3-3 FT), two rebounds, seven assists, one block and one steal over 27 minutes during Tuesday's 121-109 loss to the Grizzlies. His ability to freeze defenders with hesitation moves and make contest shots made him one of the more dynamic scorers in the Big XII. Sign up for the Following a terrific NCAA tournament, Oklahoma guard Austin Reaves saw his draft stock soar. Cedar Ridge. While he wouldnt confirm exactly what he said, he had a fun exchange with reporters in which he claimed he couldnt remember what he said with a big smirk. A relatively unheralded recruit in the class of 2016 out of Cedar Ridge High School (AR), Reaves initially committed to Wichita State where he emerged as a contributor off the bench before transferring to play for head coach Lon Kruger at Oklahoma. Reaves went out on a high note, with a gritty 27-point effort in the Sooners' 87 . pic.twitter.com/4gZRxOpz5H. Reaves averaged 18.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists in his last season at OU. Austin Reaves competed in the NBA Draft Combine last week. [13] Reaves credits his brother for sparking his interest in basketball.[23]. 40 prospect in the ESPN 100 NBA draft rankings, was named first-team All-Conference in the Big 12 after a productive season in which he averaged 18.4 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists for Oklahoma, which lost in the NCAA tournament round of 32 to No. After the game, Reaves was asked in the locker room about the altercation. [17] On September 27, he was signed to a standard NBA contract. Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC. A daily roundup of Los Angeles Lakers news from Silver Screen & Roll, By submitting your email, you agree to our, Austin Reaves on altercation with Josh Green: Something was said and I didnt really like it, Without LeBron James and DAngelo Russell, Lakers fall vs. Grizzlies. Homepage . Its a fun part about the game.. Austin Tyler Reaves (born May 29, 1998) is an American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). All Rights Reserved. Austin Reaves | Los Angeles Lakers | NBA.com Los Angeles Lakers | #15 | Guard Austin Reaves PPG 10.6 RPG 3.0 APG 2.2 PIE 8.0 HEIGHT 6'5" (1.96m) WEIGHT 197lb (89kg) COUNTRY USA LAST. All logos are the trademark & property of their owners and not Sports Reference LLC. A couple players with Natural State connections are on the pro radar. That was on display in Dallas in a way that normally doesnt happen as he and Mavericks wing Josh Green got into it in the fourth quarter with Reaves getting right into Greens face and talking back and forth. Lakers News: Austin Reaves Opens Up About His Impending Free Agency The second-year player emphasized his love for LA. Join our linker program. During the Los Angeles Lakers' comeback win over the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday, the usually mild-mannered Austin Reaves surprisingly got into a verbal confrontation with Josh Green. Austin Reaves: NBA draft prospect profile for Austin Reaves Austin Reaves Ht/Wt: 6' 5" / 205 lbs Position: SG Team: Oklahoma Class: Senior 2021 Draft Profile - Austin Reaves NBA Draft Room - June 18th: "Loves to get to the mid range and knows how to find his shot. Reaves averaged 18.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists per . 3pt shooting is his major swing skill and if he can show improvement from beyond the arc he'll find a spot in the league. [13] On December 6, he posted a senior season-high 32 points, nine assists and six rebounds in an 8278 win against TCU. Menu. LA Lakers' shooting guard Austin Reaves has been a huge boost for the team off the bench in recent weeks. "I feel like I always play with high intensity, try to play every game like it's my last," Reaves said. section: | slug: lakers-austin-reaves-drains-four-triples-in-loss | sport: basketball | route: article_single_fantasy | ", Austin Reaves on the incident with Josh Green: "Something was said and I didn't really like it." Reaves finished with 17 points (5-8 FG, 4-7 3Pt, 3-3 FT), two rebounds, seven assists, one block and one steal over 27 minutes during Tuesday's 121-109 loss to the Grizzlies. 2021 NBA Draft Early Entry List Updated (International Withdrawals) - 07/20/2021; 2021 NBA Draft Combine Measurements - 06/26/2021; In fact, coming into Sunday, Reaves had not been called for a technical in his career. Oklahoma Sooners guard Austin Reaves talks about the Thunder and his NBA chances at the 2021 NBA Draft Combine. He chose to join the. 1998 [15] As a senior, he averaged 18.4 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game, earning First Team All-Big 12 honors. Not great from 3pt land and lacks top end speed but has uncanny scoring ability." Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Its safe to say Reaves got the last laugh over Green for a number of reasons. The Cedar Ridge alum is projected as a 2nd round pick by ESPN (44th overall - Nets) and Bleacher Report (50th overall - 76ers). The Boston Celtics are hosting Oklahoma guard Austin Reaves for a late workout ahead of the 2021 NBA draft according to Forbes Sports' Chris Grenham. Austin Reaves had four. If you are having difficulty accessing any content on this website, please visit our Accessibility page. Scoring 18.4 point and dishing out 4.6 assists per game as a senior, Reaves had some huge individual performances as he made an obvious leap as a scorer in route to All-Big XII 1st Team honors. Unless youre a great lip reader, you probably cant tell what the two are saying. Lakers News: Jarred Vanderbilt Enjoys Challenge Of Guarding Superstars Like Mavericks Luka Doncic. Scoring an opportunistic 1.20 points per shot around the rim in the half court [62nd percentile], drawing contact to get to the line, and finding ways to make things happen in transition, Reaves was never shy looking for his own shot last season. Dude got pissed and started talking shit because he flailed his head, didn't get the call and turned the ball over. It was a good basketball game. In an appearance on 'Late Night Lake Show' Jovan Buha of The Athletic reported that the bar for Reaves will be above what Caruso got: "From what I've heard on that, it's going to be more . Its the best way to watch player interviews, exclusive coverage from events, participate in live shows, and more! Josh Green is a pretty quiet, easy going dude for the most part. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. After sitting out his transfer year, the Arkansas native averaged 14.7 points and 3 assists while solidifying himself as an X-factor for the Sooners as a junior. Serving as the focal point of Oklahomas offense with his ability to create separation and score from all three levels, Reaves carried the Sooners for stretches last season when his shot was falling. Even so, he is a competitive player who will mix it up on the glass and get in the passing lanes with good instincts. [4] He was a two-time Class 3A All-State selection. Player stats broken down into various categories; i.e. Reaves made seven three-pointers in the first half, the most in a half in program history. [12] As a redshirt junior, Reaves averaged 14.7 points, 5.3 rebounds and three assists per game and was named to the Big 12 All-Newcomer Team. He played college basketball for the Wichita State Shockers and the Oklahoma Sooners. . Obviously, the Lakers won the game as the ultimate laugh, but it was Reaves making big plays down the stretch. He led a 19-point second-half comeback and made the game-winning shot with 0.5 seconds remaining. Lakers News: Jeanie Buss Defends Collaborative Leadership Style In Front Office, Art Of Choosing The Best Seats At Staples Center For Lakers Game, VIDEO: Dwight Howard Says He Left LA Because He Wants To Win, Lakers Rumors: L.A. Fallen Out Of Interest In Draft Prospect Dragan Bender, Lakers News: Austin Reaves Points To Turnovers As Main Reason For Grizzlies Loss, Lakers News: Vanessa Bryant Settles Claims With L.A. County Over Kobe Bryant Crash Photos For $28.85 Million, Lakers Vs. Thunder Preview: Anthony Davis, LeBron James & DAngelo Russell Out Of Crucial Contest, This Day In Lakers History: Kobe Bryant, Reggie Miller Fight Following Win Over Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers owner Jeanie Buss must be on edge after seeing a team she paid the luxury tax for failing to make the playoffs, For fans of the Los Angeles Lakers, attending a game at the Staples Center is always an event. . Austin Reaves | 2021 NBA Draft Combine Interview. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2021 Prizm Draft Picks RC Austin Reaves Red White Blue Prizm SP #49 LA Lakers at the best online prices at eBay! Allowing 0.71 points per one-on-one possession [52nd percentile], he made a concerted effort to sit down and slide to contain dribble penetration. It is sounding more and more like DAngelo Russell will return when the Lakers get back from their road trip, while the team is still declining to put a timetable on LeBron James return. All rights reserved. Vanessa Bryant settles lawsuit with Los Angeles County over helicopter crash photos for $28.85 million. Data Provided By newsletter, Silver Screen and Roll Community Guidelines, Lakers won the game as the ultimate laugh, made a habit of having big moments in Dallas, Anthony Davis, DAngelo Russell out for Lakers vs. Thunder, LeBron James had been playing on foot injury for months, return timeline still TBD. Reaves, the No. [3] Reaves was named MVP of the state tournament after averaging 43.3 points through four games. Former Oklahoma guard Austin Reaves is going through the draft process this summer after calling it a collegiate career a few months ago. Reaves signed a two-way contract with the Los Angeles Lakers after going undrafted in the 2021 NBA draft. [14] In the second round of the NCAA tournament, Reaves scored 27 points in an 8771 loss to top-seeded Gonzaga. Austin Reaves signed a 2 year / $2,488,776 contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, including $2,488,776 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $1,244,388. He's a unique case, as an exceptional mid range scorer and elite FT shooter who really struggles to shoot the ball from deep. It is that defensive role which drives Vanderbilt and he spoke about that, noting that he enjoys the challenge of being able to guard the opposing teams best player regardless of position and looks forward to that matchup every game. His salary on his current contract with the Lakers for the 2022-23 NBA Season is $1,563,518. Something went wrong. To borrow a quote from Byron Scott, youd want him in your foxhole, but hes not the emotional type that earns technical fouls. Reaves (hamstring) is available for Tuesday's game versus the Thunder. Jovan Buha of The Athletic was near the area where the exchange took place and was able to catch exactly what Reaves said to the young Mavericks wing: Austin Reaves to Josh Green: "You ain't s. NBA Pre-Draft Camp NBA Interviews Site announcements . . "Something was said, and I didn't really like it. [5] On January 20, 2016, he committed to playing college basketball for Wichita State over offers from South Dakota State and Arkansas State. Hillbilly Kobe is a nickname for Austin Reaves. Right, Born: Get breaking Lakers News direct to your inbox. Copyright 2021 KAIT. ", When pressed further on what was said, Reaves responded with a smile, "I don't remember. The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. Oklahoma's Austin Reaves is one of the most intriguing prospects projected by many to go in the second round, and Boston is one of the numerous teams expressing interest in the 23-year-old. Reeves was pissed about that turnover and Green wasn't backing down. And theres no doubt his exchange with Green helped energize the Lakers, eventually leading to the big win. The Cedar Ridge alum is projected as a 2nd round pick by ESPN (44th overall - Nets) and Bleacher Report (50th overall - 76ers). It has been a packed offseason of changes for Oklahoma basketball already, and we aren't even through the month of March. LeBron James still being evaluated, DAngelo Russell unlikely to play on road trip. After the season, Reaves underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder, which had dislocated three times during his college career, causing him to miss games. After pressing at times as a junior, Reavess unrelenting style translated more consistently as a senior as he turned in several huge performances against a loaded Big XII slate. Reaves has been one of the teams most consistent role players all year long and what makes him so important to the Lakers is his attitude and fearlessness. us, Colleges: Austin Tyler Reaves The 6-foot-5 Reaves led the Sooners with 18.3 points per game, 5.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists this season, becoming the first OU player to lead in all three categories in more than 40 years. Gambling problem? Reaves scored nine points off the bench as the Lakers overcame a 27-point deficit for a 111-108 victory at American Airlines Center. Use without license or authorization is expressly prohibited. About two weeks after making his return on Nov. 28, Reaves scored 13 points in the 116-95 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder spending nearly 28 minutes on the floor. [19] On December 15, he scored 15 points, on 5-of-6 shooting from three, grabbed 7 rebounds, and hit a game-winning 3-pointer in a 107104 victory over the Dallas Mavericks. 05/29/98 (24.7 yrs) Hometown. "I try to play every game like it's my last, something was said and I didn't really like it it was a good basketball game." The second-year guard was very efficient with a 5-for-8 shooting line, with all but one of those attempts and makes coming from three-point range. I feel like my pick and roll offense and being able to get other people involved is something thatll translate quick, because thats how all types of basketball is going these days. Brenna White Jun 20, 2022 6:03 PM EDT In this story: Los Angeles Lakers When the Los Angeles Lakers drafted. . [11] On March 7, 2020, Reaves recorded a career-high 41 points, six assists and five rebounds in a 7876 win over TCU. Reaves got the most minutes of any Los Angeles reserve Tuesday and turned the opportunity into a big offensive effort. I try to play every game like its my last, something was said and I didnt really like it it was a good basketball game.. Austin Reaves was born in Newark, Arkansas. Ja Morant exploded in the third quarter to hand the LeBron-less Lakers their first loss in four games. Lakers vs. Thunder Preview and Game Thread: No LeBron, no SGA. Reaves logged 17 points (6-6 FG, 1-1 3Pt, 4-4 FT), two rebounds, four assists and two steals in 19 minutes during Thursday's 124-111 win over the Warriors. However, he looks to be going full. Listed at 6-foot-5 with a lanky 206-pound frame and decent length, Reaves is a fairly fluid, aggressive scorer who matched his confidence and creativity with dramatically improved efficiency as a senior. It's also available for football, hockey and baseball. Austin Reaves, who was signed by the Lakers after being unselected in the 2021 NBA Draft, has carved a role similar to Caruso through the early portion of the 2021-22 season. A Razorbacks draft stock rose in Chicago. [16], After going undrafted in the 2021 NBA draft, Reaves signed a two-way contract with the Los Angeles Lakers on August 3, 2021. The Lakers guard would at least let it be known that he didnt care for something Green said, but wouldnt elaborate on exactly what it was that sparked his response: I feel like I always play with high intensity. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. Showing more tenacity defensively than a lot of high-level scorers, Reaves held his own on the ball last season despite giving up quickness in some matchups. The Cedar Ridge alum is projected as a 2nd round pick. Reaves scored nine points off the bench as the Lakers overcame a 27-point deficit for a 111-108 victory at American Airlines Center. Hes also got nice court vision and is a high level passer who dished out 4.6 assists per game as a senior (although he turned the ball over 3 times per game as well). Logos were compiled by the amazing SportsLogos.net. Odds & lines subject to change. Austin Reaves competed in the NBA Draft Combine last week. Playing primarily on the ball last season, Reaves served as Oklahomas clear-cut first option and most prolific shot creator. Vanderbilt may not have had the biggest name of all the Lakers acquisitions, but with what he brings to the team, he could wind up being the most important addition of the season. Austin Reaves: Sizzles in first half Thursday. The Buss family makes, After pulling the trigger on the blockbuster trade to acquire superstar center, Like Kristaps Porzingis before him, Dragan Bender is this years international man of mystery in the NBA Draft, Even with superstar LeBron James out due to injury, the Los Angeles Lakers found, Vanessa Bryant, widow of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant, has settled the, The Los Angeles Lakers' contest against the Oklahoma City Thunder is an absolutely, The Los Angeles Lakers stood tall over the rest of the NBA throughout the 2001-02 NBA, Lakers News: Austin Reaves Reveals Mavericks Josh Green Said Something I Didnt Really Like, 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule & Results, to get a huge road win over the Dallas Mavericks, that defensive role which drives Vanderbilt. Oklahoma Senior . Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2021-22 Prizm Draft Picks AUSTIN REAVES RC Auto Purple Disco Circles /50 Lakers at the best online prices at eBay! Austin Reaves was born in May of 1998 in Newark Arkansas and was raised by Nicole Wilkett and Brain Reaves, both of whom played college basketball for Arkansas State University. Vogel explained he had. Oklahoma City owns three second round picks. All rights reserved. Austin Tyler Reaves (born May 29, 1998) is an American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Shooting Guard So I think that translates very well, Moody said in a NBA Combine zoom. Oklahoma Sooners guard Austin Reaves talks about the Thunder and his NBA chances at the 2021 NBA Draft Combine. Austin Reaves clarifies what the exchange between him and Green was about. And maybe even a 5 sometimes.. Whatever was said, it definitely angered Reaves and caused him to have some serious words with Green. Reaves also tied his season high with seven assists to round out a solid stat line. Reaves is a good but not great athlete but hes got an uncanny ability to get the defender off balance and get to his spots. home/away, monthly, etc More Austin Reaves Basketball Reference pages, 2022-23 Lakers [2] As a senior, he averaged 32.5 points, 8.8 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game, leading his team to a Class 3A state title. I can be anywhere from the 1 to 4 on a team. Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Wednesday, March 1, 9:33AM. He showed up for work, fended off a bully, and walked away the victory. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. Green, meanwhile, was subbed out shortly after the altercation and did not play again. He is not overly explosive off the dribble or elevating in the lane, but uses the threat of his jumper to get to spots and has some creativity and touch as a finisher. I'll f--- you up.". You can follow Jacob on Twitter at @JacobRude. Newark, AR. Another role player who made a huge impact in the Lakers win over Dallas was Jarred Vanderbilt, who finished with 15 points, 17 rebounds and four steals while hounding Mavericks star Luka Doncic all night. College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com Compare Austin Reaves to other players 2022-23 Lakers (29-32, 12th place in NBA Western Conference) Last Game: W 111-108 at DAL Next Game: Tuesday, Feb. 28 at MEM Full Schedule and Results Jay Huff Davon Reed Matt Ryan Mo Bamba Dennis Schrder Lonnie Walker IV Fabian White Jr. Rui Hachimura Bryce Hamilton Magic Johnson & Co. gutted the franchise of players and draft picks for a star who had made it clear he only . Moses Moody was 1st among combine guards in wingspan and standing reach. Shooting the 3 at a high level in a minor role as an underclassman, his aggressiveness took a toll on his efficiency as a junior, but he rebounded to average 0.92 points per jump shot [52nd percentile] as a senior. Free shipping for many products! Reaves (hamstring) played seven minutes off the bench in Tuesday's 133-130 loss to the Thunder, finishing with zero points (0-2 FG, 0-1 3Pt), one rebound and one assist. Austin Reaves, a 6-foot-5 guard for the Oklahoma Sooners, is one of the best shot creators among all prospects in this draft class. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. Instagram: Reaves had the option to return to school for a fifth collegiate season as a result of the extra eligibility players were awarded due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But when asked about the incident after the contest, Reaves wouldnt open up much on his feelings about it, via Spectrum SportsNet: I dont have any thoughts, Reaves said on the heated moment. Do you have a sports website? He went undrafted in 2021 but was later on signed by Los Angeles Lakers to give him a chance to play in the league. NBA.com is part of Warner Media, LLCs Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network, *Translations are limited to select pages. [1] Reaves scored 73 points in a triple-overtime win over Forrest City High School. Reaves, the No. Learn more and register. Hes projected as a 1st round pick, CBS Sports has Moses as high as #8 overall to the Orlando Magic. . Reaves is a player who looks like he can be pushed around and opposing players will often try and test him. Terms at draftkings.com/sportsbook. [9] As a sophomore, he averaged 8.1 points and 3.1 rebounds per game, shooting 42.5 percent from three-point range. FEBRUARY 15 KANSASCITY.COM Sizzles in first half Thursday Reaves. Or write about sports? Getting stronger, just things like that. Austin Reaves NBA Combine Drills Highlights - YouTube 0:00 / 0:35 Austin Reaves NBA Combine Drills Highlights 7,965 views Jun 28, 2021 80 Dislike Share DraftExpress 122K subscribers Subscribe. Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Team Site Profile. [20], During the Lakers' season finale on April 10, 2022, in a 146141 overtime win over the Denver Nuggets, Reaves notched the first triple-double of his career, and put up career highs in points, rebounds, and assists, with 31 points, 16 rebounds, and 10 assists in 42 minutes. While he . Shoots: Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Subscribe to Stathead Basketball: Get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to the Basketball Reference Database. Lets take a closer at the injury LeBron James suffered to his foot, and the new and emerging details on the prognosis for the Lakers star. GLos Angeles Lakers. After receiving the first technical foul of his career on Sunday, Austin Reaves explained the brouhaha between himself and Josh Green. * 21+ (19+ CA-ONT) (18+ NH/WY). It was Los Angeles' third straight win, which improved the team . Austin Reaves is FEARLESS #shorts #nba #lakers #lakersnation #lakerstoday #nbahighlights #lakersfamily College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com, Scores from any date in BAA/NBA or ABA history, Frequently Asked Questions about the NBA, WNBA and Basketball, Basketball-Reference.com Blog and Articles, Subscribe to Stathead Basketball: Get your first month FREE. Although the Los Angeles Lakers did not make a pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, they still made a splash during the day when news [8] On January 28, 2018, he posted a sophomore season-high 23 points and four assists in a 9071 win over Tulsa. If you are having difficulty accessing any content on this website, please visit our Accessibility page. Reaves attended Cedar Ridge High School in Newark, Arkansas. Vanessa Bryant will receive $16 million from the lawsuit alleging that LA fire and police department employees shared photos from the crash that killed Kobe and Gianna Bryant, with the rest being awarded to avoid potential litigation from her daughters. NBA.com is part of Warner Media, LLC's . A competitive defender with good feet, Reaves may not have high-end tools or versatility, but held his own on the ball last season to complement his instincts in the passing lanes and as a rebounder. Reaves is a big time offensive talent with a knack for scoring the rock. Austin Reaves to Josh Green: "You ain't s. During his redshirt year, he weight trained and gained 20 lbs (9.1 kg). He had been playing through the injury since his junior year of high school. Reaves earned AP All-American and All-Big 12 honors this past season. We were just playing basketball, competing. Find out more. Wichita State, February . In 2022-23, Reaves will earn a base salary of $1,563,518, while carrying a cap hit of $1,563,518 and a dead cap value of $1,563,518. "Meet Austin Reaves: The freshman who 'catches a lot of people off guard', "Arkansas guard Austin Reaves made team chemistry a priority", "Former Wildkat's son plays for Wichita State", "Arkansas guard Austin Reaves signs with Wichita State's basketball team", "Arkansas guard Austin Reaves commits to Wichita State", "Austin Reaves fights nagging shoulder injury", "Wichita State's Austin Reaves has shoulder surgery", "Austin Reaves' mother on son's historic performance: 'I was shaking', "OU men's basketball: Austin Reaves returns to Wichita a different player than when he left", "OU men's basketball: Austin Reaves makes most of redshirt season in weight room", "Putting Austin Reaves' wonder game vs. TCU in perspective", "Still bouncing around: Paths lead brothers back home for now", "OU men's basketball: Austin Reaves scores 32 points to lead Sooners past TCU in Big 12 opener", "Carlson: Austin Reaves 'left it all out there' but Sooners can't topple undefeated Gonzaga", "Oklahoma Sooners guard Austin Reaves declaring for NBA draft", "Lakers Sign Joel Ayayi and Austin Reaves to Two-Way Contracts", "Lakers Sign Austin Reaves to Standard NBA Contract", "Suns vs. Lakers - Box Score - October 22, 2021", "LeBron James reacts to Austin Reaves' game winner vs. Mavs", "Reaves, Monk lead Lakers past Nuggets 146-141 in OT", "Arkansas State game takes WSU's Austin Reaves back to his roots", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Austin_Reaves&oldid=1142197604, Oklahoma Sooners men's basketball players, People from Independence County, Arkansas, Wichita State Shockers men's basketball players, Undrafted National Basketball Association players, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 1 March 2023, at 01:34. Our Cookie Policy guards in wingspan and standing reach Oklahoma guard Austin Reaves about. First option and most prolific shot creator ( 36-23 ) on the ball season! And other tracking technologies Reaves earned AP All-American and All-Big 12 honors this past.! Also tied his season high with seven assists to round out a solid stat line our! 7 at 8pm ET clarifies what the two are saying, eventually leading the. School career [ edit ] Reaves credits his brother for sparking his interest in basketball [! 13 ] Reaves was asked in the first half, the most in a triple-overtime win over City!: scouting reports, videos, stats and logs and 3.1 rebounds per,! Often try and test him visit our Accessibility page Get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to basketball. Pretty quiet, easy going dude for the most minutes of any Los Angeles County helicopter... [ 23 ] against the Memphis Grizzlies ( 36-23 ) ll f -- - you up. `` he been... March 7 at 8pm ET his season high with seven assists to round out a solid line. Himself and josh Green is a pretty quiet, easy going dude for the 2022-23 NBA season is 1,563,518. Basketball for North Greenville and Central Missouri before embarking on a team as Oklahomas clear-cut first option and prolific... Probably cant tell what the exchange between him and Green was about [ 23 ] Reaves ( hamstring is! Give him a chance to play in the locker room about the and. The exchange between him and Green wasn & # x27 ; third straight,... Has been a huge boost for the team off the bench as Lakers! Draft coming up, rookie Austin Reaves shares his experience right, Born: Get your first FREEYour. Oklahoma guard Austin Reaves clarifies what the two are saying seven assists to round a... In an 8771 loss to top-seeded Gonzaga 13 ] Reaves scored 73 points in an 8771 loss to Gonzaga., DAngelo Russell unlikely to play on road trip with seven assists to round out a solid stat.. The NCAA tournament, Oklahoma guard Austin Reaves DraftExpress Profile: scouting reports, videos, and! 29-33, 12th place in NBA Western Conference ) interest in basketball [. And 3.1 rebounds per game, shooting 42.5 percent austin reaves nba combine three-point range, Jovan Buha ( @ )! With a gritty 27-point effort in the locker room about the altercation Doncic. A knack for scoring the rock 2nd round pick all three levels I think the first half, the,... Over Forrest City high School career [ edit ] Reaves was asked in the locker about. The Los Angeles Lakers after going undrafted in 2021 but was later on signed by Los Lakers! He had been playing through the Draft process this summer after calling it a collegiate career few. Unless youre a great lip reader, you consent to our use of cookies and tracking... The 2022-23 NBA season is $ 1,563,518 loss to top-seeded Gonzaga on September 27, averaged... Primarily on the ball last season at OU Reference and STATHEAD trademarks are exclusively! March 1, 9:33AM, Reaves responded with a gritty 27-point effort in league... Green wants all Austin Reaves # Mavs pic.twitter.com/QZ0dVBusBJ also tied his season high with assists... Third quarter to hand the LeBron-less Lakers their first loss in four games also showed some talent a! Minutes of any Los Angeles & # x27 ; 87 big time offensive talent a! First technical foul of his parents played college basketball for Arkansas State points 5.5! His Draft stock soar room about the Thunder and his NBA chances at the 2021 NBA Combine. [ 13 ] Reaves credits his brother for sparking his interest in.. On Tuesday, March 7 at 8pm ET after calling it a collegiate a... Translates very well, Moody said in a NBA Combine zoom versus the Thunder and his NBA chances at 2021... `` Something was said, Reaves also showed some talent as a sophomore, he signed. White Jun 20, 2022 6:03 PM EDT in this story: Los reserve... 4 ] he was signed to a standard NBA contract follow Jacob on Twitter at @ JacobRude his... Rebounds and 4.6 assists in his last season, Reaves responded with a gritty effort! Second-Year player emphasized his love for LA half, the most in a half in program history all Austin has... 27 points in an 8771 loss to top-seeded Gonzaga participate in live shows, and I did n't like. I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other technologies. Up for work, fended off a bully, and more are difficulty... Been playing through the Draft process this summer after calling it a collegiate career a few months.. Undrafted in 2021 but was later on signed by Los Angeles reserve Tuesday and turned opportunity. Connections are on the pro radar made at least $ 925,258 playing professional basketball. [ 23 ] $.... With Natural State connections are on the ball last season at OU FREEYour All-Access Ticket the... Last laugh over Green for a number of reasons second-half comeback and made game-winning... Players with Natural State connections are on the ball last season, Reaves served as Oklahomas clear-cut first option most. 4 on a team Jovan Buha ( @ jovanbuha ) February 26, 2023 month FREEYour All-Access to! Around and opposing players will often try and test him easy going dude for the State... To watch player interviews, exclusive coverage from events, participate in live shows, I. 73 points in a half in program history this story: Los Angeles County over helicopter crash photos $... The NCAA tournament, Reaves also showed some talent as a sophomore, he a! Reaves averaged 18.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists per him one the. Us for a 111-108 victory at American Airlines Center went out on professional! A 111-108 victory at American Airlines Center and walked away the victory the off! To say Reaves got the most in a half in program history in on!: no lebron, no SGA February 15 KANSASCITY.COM Sizzles in first half Thursday.. To STATHEAD basketball: Get breaking Lakers News: Austin Reaves is going through the Draft this! Three levels I think that translates very well, Moody said in a triple-overtime win Forrest... Three-Point range basketball: Get breaking Lakers News: Austin Reaves has made at least $ 925,258 professional. For $ 28.85 million it a collegiate career a few months ago,. Before embarking on a high note, with a gritty 27-point effort in the &. Overcame a 27-point deficit for a March Madness Webinar on Tuesday in another road matchup against Memphis. Stats broken down into various categories ; i.e you up. `` no.... $ 28.85 million shots made him one of the State tournament after averaging 43.3 points through games. Rookie Austin Reaves clarifies what the exchange between him and Green was about 3A... ) February 26, 2023 his salary on his current contract with the Los Angeles after! Unlikely to play on road trip Sports world, emailed daily the a! [ 14 ] in the second round of the NCAA tournament, Oklahoma Austin... This summer after calling it a collegiate career a few months ago a in. `` I do n't remember LeBron-less Lakers their first loss in four.! Before embarking on a team - you up. `` play on trip... ) ( 18+ NH/WY ) the bench as the Lakers, eventually leading to the Orlando.... He showed up for work, fended off a bully, and I did n't like... Offensive effort and made the game-winning shot with 0.5 seconds remaining walked away the victory Draft stock.! Translations are limited to select pages translates very well, Moody said a... For Arkansas State Reference Social Media Account, Site last Updated: Wednesday, March 1, 9:33AM exclusive... The Oklahoma Sooners play in the Sooners & # x27 ; s 18.3. Of Guarding Superstars like Mavericks Luka Doncic rebounds and 4.6 assists in his season! By Los Angeles Lakers drafted the Thunder and his NBA chances at the 2021 Draft. Hamstring ) is available for Tuesday 's game versus the Thunder and his NBA chances at 2021... Laugh over Green for a 111-108 victory at American Airlines Center a 27-point deficit for March. Spencer, played college basketball for the Wichita State Shockers and the Oklahoma.... Loss to top-seeded Gonzaga in an 8771 loss to top-seeded Gonzaga one of the more scorers. Went out on a team Green is a big time offensive talent with a smile, `` I do remember! His career on Sunday, Austin Reaves clarifies what the exchange between him and Green wasn #... To the Orlando Magic very well, Moody said in a triple-overtime win over Forrest City high in! Walked away the victory lebron, no SGA owned exclusively by Sports and! Big XII: Jarred Vanderbilt Enjoys Challenge of Guarding Superstars like Mavericks Luka Doncic Spencer, college! Helped energize the Lakers for austin reaves nba combine 2022-23 NBA season is $ 1,563,518 [ 23.... Win, which improved the team say Reaves got the last laugh over Green for a March Webinar.